collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Wishes to My Scoop Brothers and Sisters  (Read 5239 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Thanksgiving Wishes to My Scoop Brothers and Sisters
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »
2% white milk.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »
Whole milk for me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
Banana milk

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 09:30:26 AM »
What's the beverage of choice tonight boys? 

Me? I decided to do a little side by side taste test.  Big fan of Woodford Reserve and compared it to the Knotter Bourbon from our friends up at Blaum Bros.  The latter is a bourbon they finished aging from another now defunct distillery.  (Get the name? Not Our ....)  Anyways, our little Galena distillery did a fine job.  Not quite as smooth as my Kentucky windage but good nonetheless.  Just so you guys know, Blaum's first bottles of totally self-made whiskey go on sale Saturday.  If you're ever in the NW corner of Illinois, pay 'em a visit.  We particularly like their Hellfyre Vodka.  (No, we don't have any financial interest.) 

https://www.facebook.com/events/158858784717218/

We have a place in Galena so we get out there quite often.  Blaum Bros. have become very popular in recent years.  Worth noting that Galena will be having the inaugural Whiskey Tasting Weekend in January.

https://www.galenawhiskeyweekend.com/

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
Doc

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have to add, thank you for being MU Scoop friend. Over the years I have made friends with a handful of scoopers that I very much appreciate. Since I started posting, I have experienced some of the life's happiest moments and some really bad day, and there have been folks on here that shared those moments with me. Sadly, several who have been the kindest to me are no longer posting on here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Scoopers. While I am probably on ignore on many people's list, I proudly say that I have never put a scooper on ignore. I may not agree with many on here, but I do value and respect their opinion and love of MU.

I also have never put a scooper on ignore. By the way I was wondering if Goose was served at the Goose family this year for Thanksgiving instead of Turkey? I understand it is a great tasting bird.

https://qz.com/1136070/getting-ready-to-cook-thanksgiving-turkey-consider-goose-instead/

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
If you're a bourbon drinker, try Wisconsin's own J. Henry & Sons.  They're only a few years old but have won several medals.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
If you're a bourbon drinker, try Wisconsin's own J. Henry & Sons.  They're only a few years old but have won several medals.

Funny how some young distillers sell bourbon that is older than they are. I'm not saying that one is but I recall Great Lakes started out bottling OP's.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »
Funny how some young distillers sell bourbon that is older than they are. I'm not saying that one is but I recall Great Lakes started out bottling OP's.

Bourbon has to age a minimum of five years.  I think J. Henry started selling bourbon in 2015 but they started aging it in 2010.

Most distillers don't want to wait 5 years for a return on investment so they start selling other liquors that don't have to age as long, like vodka, while waiting for their bourbon to age.  J. Henry is interested only in making bourbon so you won't find anything else under their label.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
Bourbon has to age a minimum of five years.  I think J. Henry started selling bourbon in 2015 but they started aging it in 2010.

Most distillers don't want to wait 5 years for a return on investment so they start selling other liquors that don't have to age as long, like vodka, while waiting for their bourbon to age.  J. Henry is interested only in making bourbon so you won't find anything else under their label.

Yep.  That's exactly what Blaum Bros. is doing right now.  They are building a barrel warehouse because they've run out of room.  Some of you guys will know better than me but I believe whiskey ages a shorter period of time than bourbon so many of these distillers have or will soon have that product available.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
I tend not to like my milk aged that long.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
I tend not to like my milk aged that long.

Gives me gas
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback