[Today at 12:10:26 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: VC Who  (Read 7482 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: VC Who
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
... and the ESPN guys giving the game end report were choking on every word as Marquette didn't win this game as much as VCU lost it.

So you're of the opinion that ESPN wanted VCU to win?  I didn't hear that at all.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 05:20:47 PM »
I don’t know who I’m happier for.....Brew or the team!

;D

That said, Wichita looks poor right now. Would love to see them fight back for a draining win that leaves them tired for tomorrow's early game.

Either way I'd rather have the win today. Better to get one good and one meh win than two good losses and Chaminade on Thursday.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 08:33:33 PM »
So you're of the opinion that ESPN wanted VCU to win?  I didn't hear that at all.

Same here. Jay Bilas was extremely complimentary.  He seems to be an actual fan of the team.  Dare I say he has a man crush on Rowsey.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
I thought that was the most pro MU announcing team I have heard in a while.  Dukies pumping  up Dukies.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »
Theo looks like he will be a monster, but he is a foul machine like I haven't seen intramural ball. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »
Theo looks like he will be a monster, but he is a foul machine like I haven't seen intramural ball.
Right now, the second coming of the Grimm reaper.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 08:41:32 PM »

It's fixable. I remember Matty H. being quite the foul machine his freshman year.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
It's fixable. I remember Matty H. being quite the foul machine his freshman year.

Agreed.  I am pretty excited to see what he's going to be like in a couple years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 08:52:58 PM »
Agreed.  I am pretty excited to see what he's going to be like in a couple years.

Needs to work on his free throw technique, though.  He's flicking the ball instead of tossing it.

Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »
One of the idiots on the ESPN halftime report just talked about the great dunk by "John Theo".
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
I love our team, but this is suppose to be in teal right?

He likes to set ridiculous expectations so when the team or player doesn’t meet his expectations he can claim Wojo demotivates the team. He’s been doing it since John Dawson didn’t turn into Magic Johnson.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »
Are the comparisons between Theo and Grimm supposed to be in teal? Theo already is a better basketball player than Grimm ever was at MU, and by the time he is through these comparisons will be embarrassing to the comparison-makers (if serious). I don't use teal myself, and I usually have a pretty good sarcas-o-meter, but ...

Anyways ...

I like the way Heldt played. That's exactly what we need from him every game, although I understand he will simply be outclassed sometimes.

Howard and Hauser were outstanding - an understatement. Markus did a nice job against the press when needed and got hot when we needed it most, and Sam is just so tough, talented and smart.

Rowsey got a little out of control sometimes, but a net positive. Except for a bad 2-minute stretch before Wojo took him out of the game for a spell, Haani played quite well. Even had two very nice drives from the right side.

Very nice contributions from Cain and Elliott, too.

And credit to Wojo. He called TO when we went down 10-3 and we immediately responded with a 12-0 run. Must have been some great de-motivating there. He also kept the team calm late, when VCU really cranked up the pressure.

Finally, you could really hear our fans over the TV. Nice job, folks!

Ring out Aloha! (trademark pending)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »
One of the idiots on the ESPN halftime report just talked about the great dunk by "John Theo".
ESPN giving lots of love to the BEAST lately...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:06 PM »
Are the comparisons between Theo and Grimm supposed to be in teal? Theo already is a better basketball player than Grimm ever was at MU, and by the time he is through these comparisons will be embarrassing to the comparison-makers (if serious). I don't use teal myself, and I usually have a pretty good sarcas-o-meter, but ...

Anyways ...

I like the way Heldt played. That's exactly what we need from him every game, although I understand he will simply be outclassed sometimes.

Howard and Hauser were outstanding - an understatement. Markus did a nice job against the press when needed and got hot when we needed it most, and Sam is just so tough, talented and smart.

Rowsey got a little out of control sometimes, but a net positive. Except for a bad 2-minute stretch before Wojo took him out of the game for a spell, Haani played quite well. Even had two very nice drives from the right side.

Very nice contributions from Cain and Elliott, too.

And credit to Wojo. He called TO when we went down 10-3 and we immediately responded with a 12-0 run. Must have been some great de-motivating there. He also kept the team calm late, when VCU really cranked up the pressure.

Finally, you could really hear our fans over the TV. Nice job, folks!

Ring out Aloha! (trademark pending)

Agree with your analysis.  One thing I particularly like about Rowsey is that he's a total hard arse.  Won't back down to anyone.  And for a guy who truly tops out at 5'8", that's an awesome characteristic.

Speaking of that, if that Tillman punk had allowed his loser frustration of a completely clean Hauser block boil over when 'John Theo' was on the floor....... 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
ESPN giving lots of love to the BEAST lately...

That's true.  Just overhead one of those talking heads saying it was the best conference in the NCAA.

I assume it wasn't the guy talking about John Theo.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 09:25:10 PM »
Bilas isn't a Marquette fan. He's just a better announcer than most, and is good at giving credit (and blame) where it is due.

He did yammer on far too long about the announcers' free-throw jinx. He's better than that. But overall, it's always an enjoyable experience to watch one of his games.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 09:25:58 PM »
I started watching when he had two dumb plays in a row - a 3 and getting stuffed. But outside of that, he played a solid game. Credit where credit is due.

Indeed!  I'll take 5-10 from the field and 13 pts from HC any day all season.  Hell I'd have been happy with 38% shooting and 8 or 9 pts from him to be honest.  Keep it up HC!  We need you!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
Good call out 82 on the time out and game plan.  The team was well prepared for the pressure. Andrew was a horse and the others fed off of him. The Freshmen provided a lot of energy. Theo is the intimidator Matt isn’t. He was wired. Between them though they changed, blocked and helped force shots but more than anything their hedging defense and quick recovery we’re outstanding.  MU won the boards.

Best MU turnout I can remember for a holiday tournament but I suspect we will be outnumbered tomorrow by the mouth breathers.  Will be a tough one but we are ready.

PistolBrad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
BTW whoever said Jay Bilas was rooting for Marquette, you are pretty much correct.  I saw an interview where Bilas said he always liked Marquette cause he really liked their jerseys growing up.  I have no issue with Bilas calling as many MU games as possible.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
Bilas isn't a Marquette fan. He's just a better announcer than most, and is good at giving credit (and blame) where it is due.

He did yammer on far too long about the announcers' free-throw jinx. He's better than that. But overall, it's always an enjoyable experience to watch one of his games.

He's a great impartial color analyst that knows what's he talking about.  But he and Wojo are absolutely friends so that does spill over to a certain extent.  What means the most is that he has actual knowledge of the MU team and program.  That always helps.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »
He's a great impartial color analyst that knows what's he talking about.  But he and Wojo are absolutely friends so that does spill over to a certain extent.  What means the most is that he has actual knowledge of the MU team and program.  That always helps.

He also hosted the 100 year round table that he well-researched and was pretty in awe of.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
He also hosted the 100 year round table that he well-researched and was pretty in awe of.

He was great.  Wonderful emcee.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »
In general I like Bilas, but his Pitino interview was garbage and pretty disappointing. Not sure I’ll be able to get over that.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:18 PM »
Thought we played really good today but this might be a bad matchup against Whichita St tomorrow, don't want this game to kill our confidence

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
Woo is slowly, slowly integrating the freshmen to playing time and today they contributed in many ways.  This should help during the course of Big East play.

John, Elliot and Cain all saw meaningful playing time early in the first half (shortly after the 12-0 run, I believe). They can be game changers defensively. And they should get better with every game.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words