[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Purdue or PurDON'T?  (Read 9658 times)

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
Re: Purdue or PurDON'T?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »
MU probably won't win, but if they get destroyed, there is something wrong with the program.

Is the talent Wojo recruited that piss-poor that they can't compete with the #20 team on MU's home court?

And Wojo isn't a rookie coach anymore.  No excuses for this not being a good game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »
MU probably won't win, but if they get destroyed, there is something wrong with the program.

Is the talent Wojo recruited that piss-poor that they can't compete with the #20 team on MU's home court?

And Wojo isn't a rookie coach anymore.  No excuses for this not being a good game.

You’re right we’ve never beaten a top 20 program on our floor...  ::)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »
You’re right we’ve never beaten a top 20 program on our floor...  ::)

His comment is kind of extreme but the sentiment is right.  At some point the results have to match the recruiting promise.  If not this year - next. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 07:40:36 PM »
His comment is kind of extreme but the sentiment is right.  At some point the results have to match the recruiting promise.  If not this year - next.

Next year I completely agree. We’re all so caught up in this being Wojos team but because Duane and Sandy left the classes aren’t balanced. This is a young team and I expect frustration (not 14-15 frustration though)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
Purdue is a tough draw. For many reasons, including them playing in the World University Games as Team USA. Their season started long before all other D-I schools. Hope for the best. #Pray
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

Hilltopper, get rid of this guy.

K thnx.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »
Next year I completely agree. We’re all so caught up in this being Wojos team but because Duane and Sandy left the classes aren’t balanced. This is a young team and I expect frustration (not 14-15 frustration though)

I'm tired of watching a young and inexperienced team - but hey at this point next year makes sense.  I am hopeful this years team makes steady progress and makes some noise in the Beast...and plays defense. That's all I need for Christmas. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »

the #20 ranking may or may not be accurate.  we shall see.  i can just hear ya now-when we beat them, purdue is over-rated, eyn'a?

is this another direct tv only (sorry McBan)  game?? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »
Wow. That has got to be one voter meaning to put St. Mary's as #21 but listing Mount St. Mary's.

Elton Alexander from the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. Must’ve put the wrong St. Mary’s at 22.

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/pollster/elton-alexander/2017/week-2

This makes a lot of sense I was trying to figure out how someone could have done that.  Pretty funny though.  MU is so tough that losing by 21 to us gets you votes...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 09:47:25 PM »
Nattering nabobs of negativism.

Go Warriors!

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
I looked at purdue message boards and they think they are going to win unless we shoot the ball like last year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »

Unless the players get into a physical altercation during the game, there is never a situation where 1 game is symbiotic of something being wrong with a program. Good teams get blown out. Bad teams win games they shouldn't.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
Nattering nabobs of negativism.

Go Warriors!

Thanks Frank

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 10:33:51 PM »
Unless the players get into a physical altercation during the game, there is never a situation where 1 game is symbiotic of something being wrong with a program. Good teams get blown out. Bad teams win games they shouldn't.

But if the game turns into a free for all physical altercation, I think I'd put my money on Theo John.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »
Carsen vs Howard (if ankle healthy for Markus) should be a matchup that brings out the very best in Markus. If Markus doesn't show up like that Rowsey we know will. Outside of Carsen, Haas, Vince Edwards there is not a player on Purdue that makes you scared. I have seen alot of Purdue games in the last few years and Haas absolutely sucks against a small line up...I would not be surprised to see Hauser at the 5 tonight. Haas is HUGE but his post game is not overly polished and if we go small his getting out to the perimeter and his keeping up on the break limit him severely. All comes down to our shooting, not just 3 ball but mid-range as well there wont be much to come by at the rim if Haas just camps down there.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:37 AM »
Darn, gonna miss this game...at least son can use the tix.

Prediction: MU win.
Reason:
 1. we’re better than we collectively think.
 2. I’m going to miss the game and Murphy’s law has an axiom that states that means something great will happen

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »
I don't think we see an Iowa style blowout, but more like a 8-12 point loss that seems like a loss for most of the second half.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:59 AM »
Carsen vs Howard (if ankle healthy for Markus) should be a matchup that brings out the very best in Markus. If Markus doesn't show up like that Rowsey we know will. Outside of Carsen, Haas, Vince Edwards there is not a player on Purdue that makes you scared. I have seen alot of Purdue games in the last few years and Haas absolutely sucks against a small line up...I would not be surprised to see Hauser at the 5 tonight. Haas is HUGE but his post game is not overly polished and if we go small his getting out to the perimeter and his keeping up on the break limit him severely. All comes down to our shooting, not just 3 ball but mid-range as well there wont be much to come by at the rim if Haas just camps down there.
If Markus and haany show up i think we have a good chance.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 09:27:31 AM »
Anyone know what time the game actually starts tonight? The website says 7:30pm but my tickets say 8pm

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »
Anyone know what time the game actually starts tonight? The website says 7:30pm but my tickets say 8pm
7:30

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
This makes a lot of sense I was trying to figure out how someone could have done that.  Pretty funny though.  MU is so tough that losing by 21 to us gets you votes...

FWIW - MSM lost at ND last night 88-62
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

PistolBrad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 09:56:42 AM »
Totally agree that Hauser should see time at the 5.  They key to beating Haas is to keep him out of the paint and Hauser's lower center of gravity should help with that.  On offense Haas will not be able to even come close to guarding Hauser.  I wouldn't be surprised if MU goes small and Haas' minutes are very limited

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »
Vegas line moved to Purdue -5 already...  :-[

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 10:46:23 AM »

Matthias is a glue guy who makes a big difference for them.  Energy guy who can hit 20 plus and plays defense.

As JayBee explained, the experience of the World University Games is huge early in the season and predict a 15 point Purdue win.  Marquette will get better as the season goes along, but this is a tough game early in the year.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 10:49:20 AM »
Tip time 7:45pm as it's a FS1 DH.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton