[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Title IX Lawsuit Against Marquette  (Read 4524 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Title IX Lawsuit Against Marquette
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
If we wanted a technological fix it's not far off from a theoretical but way way off from a practical

From a strictly legal standpoint the way to "fix" this is to have an app with an electronic consent prior to the encounter and a post-encounter "consent. Additionally (and this is where it gets creepy but bear with me) the app would also film the encounter and put it into an encrypted database for future legal use should consent become a point of contention.

Like I said, this won't ever happen practically, but its a relatively easy fix with technology if we were so inclined.

You'd also have to add in a breathalyzer app (exists) and a drug test app (doesn't exist; non-feasible with current technology). 

Also, video to an encrypted database...that's worked so well for people's private pictures and the cloud.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
Can we be clear about one thing ... nobody determined that she was not raped. That's not what juries do, nor is it what the system is intended to do. The jury found there was not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict him of rape. That's a very different thing from what you've stated.
I don't know whether she was raped or not. Neither do you. Neither do the jurors, in all likelihood.

All true. We don't know if he raped her, she raped him or neither raped the other. The problem in he said/she said situations is that "reasonable doubt" is pretty easy to establish.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
You'd also have to add in a breathalyzer app (exists) and a drug test app (doesn't exist; non-feasible with current technology). 

Also, video to an encrypted database...that's worked so well for people's private pictures and the cloud.

All of which is feasibly achievable with current technology.

My whole point is that we can do lots of stuff with technology but that doesn't mean we should
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback