MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[Today at 10:50:55 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 09:54:58 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 10:10:15 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Warriors4ever
[June 20, 2024, 07:45:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 05:24:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ and Injuries  (Read 3834 times)

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
DJ and Injuries
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
Not to rip DJ or anything because i believe without him we wouldn't be nearly as good as we are...

However I'm getting sick of every game he comes up limping or holding something and looking like he is seriously injured only to come back right away and play.... now i know last night he went down hard and it was pretty nasty but he walked around holding his arm all over the court before going and sitting down on the bench and of course he came back. Now either he really has bad luck and does get hurt every game... or he might need to get a little more tough and be a little less of a baby and quick holding every bump and bruise he has.

Side Note: Don't get me wrong here this isn't me hating DJ or MU basketball just an observation
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: DJ and Injuries
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »
He must watch a lot of soccer.  Those guys get carried off in stretchers and are back on the field in 45 seconds.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »
The only time I ever see DJ really grimace out there is when he gets his calf cramps.  Those are downright terrible to have.  Not sure when you have seen DJ milk a minor injury.  He plays fearlessly out there, yet gets more than his fair share of grief about whatever the complaint du jour happens to be.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »
rarely, if ever, in soccer if the stretcher comes out are they back on the field in 45 seconds. If the stretcher is out, it's normally the end of the game. And in that case, I know soccer players go over the top a bit, but when it's late in the game and you've been exerting yourself for 80 minutes, sometimes when there's a knock they take their merry little time so the rest of the team can catch a quick breather. Unlike football, where it's 4 seconds of play, 15 seconds of huddle up, take our time getting to the line, or baseball where it's quick bursts when the ball comes your way, soccer you are actually in motion for most of, if not all of the 90 minutes.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
The only time I ever see DJ really grimace out there is when he gets his calf cramps. 

Knock on wood, but has he had any this year?  I know it used to be something to always have in the back of your mind, but I haven't thought about it at all this year.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »
There haven't been any cramps so far this year.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »
he's also averaging less minutes than ever before in his career. not a coincidence...

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
DJ acts just like Wade did. I think they both have a little drama queen in them.
But I like to throw handfuls...

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »
It's been going on since game 1 of his freshman year.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »
How dare DJ come back in the game after Nutter tabletops him on a fast break. He should have stayed in the game or gone to the hospital for x-rays.  :P

He gets hit hard...a lot. He puts himself in harm's way. You guys compare him as a "drama queen" like DWade. Are you serious? Are we talking about the same DWade who is playing with tendinitis in his knees and a separated shoulder? These guys are fearless and as a result, they take some very hard hits. Do yourself a favor and buy some primo seats to one of these BE games. Get back to me afterwards and let me know if you still think DJ is being a baby.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
How dare DJ come back in the game after Nutter tabletops him on a fast break. He should have stayed in the game or gone to the hospital for x-rays.  :P

He gets hit hard...a lot. He puts himself in harm's way. You guys compare him as a "drama queen" like DWade. Are you serious? Are we talking about the same DWade who is playing with tendinitis in his knees and a separated shoulder? These guys are fearless and as a result, they take some very hard hits. Do yourself a favor and buy some primo seats to one of these BE games. Get back to me afterwards and let me know if you still think DJ is being a baby.

Wow, you really need to relax. It was not a cut, but if you don't admit they look over dramatic with every fall you need to take the MU glasses off.

Also, where did I call him a baby, say he doesn't take hard hits, plays hard, yada yada yada? I think you are reading way to much into what I am saying.

So relax.

PS - I have good seats and have sat court side for a few Big East games before.
But I like to throw handfuls...

HarveysWallbangers

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

Do me a favor and, next time you stub your toe, lie down and pretend like your paralyzed for a couple minutes.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 12:31:37 AM »
let's just all sit back and realize we're alright.....

no real injuires so far this year...the real question is this team going to come out fired up on saturday, because if not, the way ND looks, we could get blown out at home. ouch.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »
Think someone's feeding DJ bananas this year?  I don't recall one cramp this year, so far, but multiple episodes this time years past.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »

is someone having a case of the thursdays? DJ and D Wade are in fact drama queens. very talented and athletic players, but drama queens...drama queens that both should continue to work on their FT shooting and outside shot so that they aren't forced to have to penetrate inside all the time and take the alleged beatings that they do.
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
you can take grammar/spelling discussion to the newly split topic put over on the SuperBar - knock yourselves out there.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=5485.0
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
i love when people tell wade how to play basketball.  you don't think the idea has ever crossed his mind or been presented to him before???  if you feel intelligent simply restating what the tv announcers say, give yourself a cookie.  if you have a championship ring, championship mvp, and a final four then you can give advice to wade....or iverson since i can tell where you're getting your material from.

chili...congrats on your tickets????

feedback