collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Movie Thread  (Read 963 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Movie Thread
« on: September 15, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »
I'm slightly surprised we don't have a thread to discuss what's in theaters. Anyway...just went to see It tonight and (pun not intended) it's excellent. Been a long time since a horror film actually had me on edge pretty much through the entire thing.

I've heard a lot of Stranger Things comparisons but I don't see it. They're both set in the 80s & feature child actors, but while ST is largely an homage to 1980s pop culture, It is simply set in that time period.

The acting was excellent, Pennywise is a terrifying and brilliantly done villain, and the tension level stays high throughout. I would highly recommend seeing this in theaters.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:16:47 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Movie Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:04:06 PM »
Saw It last night. Honestly didn't do it for me. I only had one true "Holy sh*t" jump out of my seat moment and only one of the creatures creeped me out (the painting). Everything else seemed a little predictable. The acting was pretty solid though and I enjoyed the comedy that they worked into the script.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »
I thought IT was great. While it wasn't the "scariest" in the sense that it didn't have a lot of jump scares. It had a solid story and great acting that is refreshing in the horror sector that is always filled with crap like Paranormal activity and the one series with the girl that can sense stuff.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »
Saw Wind River recently too. Good movie, I liked the performances from both Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olson. Not one that has to be seen in theaters, though. Not sure exactly what genre I'd put it in. Crime movie, I suppose, but not really a whodunit. Some terrifyingly interesting stats included at the end of the movie as well about the missing statistics on Native American women.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback