collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lawsuit: Female doctors say male co-worker paid more  (Read 10287 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Lawsuit: Female doctors say male co-worker paid more
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »
I have a female urologist.  No worries.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
Just axin', how many y'all dudes have a female internist, hey?

I do, and she's terrific.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 10:48:15 PM »
Just axin', how many y'all dudes have a female internist, hey?

I do.  Not only a great doctor, but was a great researcher (biochemistry) before focusing on medicine full time.  Best doctor I've ever had.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »
I do.  Not only a great doctor, but was a great researcher (biochemistry) before focusing on medicine full time.  Best doctor I've ever had.

Funny... no one ever thinks it's weird for a woman to  have a male gynecologist.
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 08:32:39 AM »
Gang, I have a strong and simple set of feelings about this:

1) I have a 22-year-old daughter who is a senior in college.
2) I have a 19-year-old son who is a sophomore in college.

I want my 22-year-old daughter and 19-year-old son to have the same opportunity and the same opportunity to be compensated. They both worked really hard in college and deserve to be treated fairly based on their skills, selected profession and effort.

Anybody who has been around awhile knows how bad gender discrimination once was. Any woman over 55 has stories out her stories. We've come a long way since the 1960s and 1970s but to suggest we're at the end of the road is absurd. Not every differential in compensation is gender discrimination (the female CEO of my firm is paid millions more than me -- is that gender discrimination? NO) but don't kid yourself, it's still there.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 09:24:33 AM »

I want my 22-year-old daughter and 19-year-old son to have the same opportunity and the same opportunity to be compensated. They both worked really hard in college and deserve to be treated fairly based on their skills, selected profession and effort.

Anybody who has been around awhile knows how bad gender discrimination once was. Any woman over 55 has stories out her stories. We've come a long way since the 1960s and 1970s but to suggest we're at the end of the road is absurd. Not every differential in compensation is gender discrimination (the female CEO of my firm is paid millions more than me -- is that gender discrimination? NO) but don't kid yourself, it's still there.

BS. Next you're going to tell us that there's racial discrimination

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 09:31:22 AM »
I had a female doctor once and I died right there on the operating table. Be careful what you ax for.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
I had a female doctor once and I died right there on the operating table. Be careful what you ax for.

You probably made an inappropriate comment to her before you went under.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 10:00:20 AM »
You probably made an inappropriate comment to her before you went under.

So to speak. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 10:14:20 AM »
Funny... no one ever thinks it's weird for a woman to  have a male gynecologist.

Agreed.  I've never felt it odd that I see a female doctor.  Honestly would never have thought that others would find it weird either. 

Now if the doctor was one of my former students...then I would find it weird.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 10:17:42 AM »
That being said, when getting a massage I insist that the therapist be a woman.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
BS. Next you're going to tell us that there's racial discrimination

Uhh, look dude, parts of this room are suggesting that statistical measures may reason away gender discrimination. "Uhhh, we can keep doing what we're doing because well, women .... (fill in the blank)......

At times the diversity push can be over the top. But it is necessary. My daughter needs the same opportunity as my son. Period. If we don't talk about it and pretend that other factors are the reason why, guess what, we keep on keeping on.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »

Bigot!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »

Because of this?

Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 05:26:16 PM »
Sew da digital exam, no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
Because of this?

I quote that scene every time. No joke.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 11:03:57 PM »
In all seriousness, my(and my wife's)last 2 docs(past 25 years) were female, both retired and have been long time patients of mine.  Fantastic, irreplaceable practitioners and wonderful people.  still begging the most recently retired one to come back.  You couldn't pay them enough.  However, my wife has her own "girlie" doc as well
don't...don't don't don't don't

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 07:07:29 AM »
  i had one, but for only a very brief time-ya see my long time male doc retired and as i'm sitting in the exam room waiting for my new doc, in walks this very young, very easy on the eyes new grad.  i am immediately a little concerned as i am not used to talking about "guy" things with a woman doc, much less a very pleasant looking one at that.  so she asks me what the reason for my appointment is and i immediately tell her how i am a little bit uneasy for all the aforementioned. she assures me that although she is young and fairly new to the medical field, she has seen an awful lot of issues throughout her training and she maintains a strict adherence to the utmost professionalism and standard of care.  so i take a deep breath and with a hint of hesitation tell her that my wife has been complaining of my junk tasting kinda funny.... they transferred my records to another doc ::) ;) ;D
Do you get flop sweats while you type?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
Do you get flop sweats while you type?

Yes, whatever those are, but I could go slower for ya if ya'd like
don't...don't don't don't don't

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
Having lived in the corporate world and from what I know about the bean counters and managers, if they could really regularly hire and pay women significantly less, they would never hire men.  That's why I wonder about the reasons for the wage gap. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 10:55:04 AM »

I'm guessing it was intentional.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »

What opportunities are being denied today?  The common line typically is fewer women in technology, engineering, etc.  Well, that's because there are so few graduates.  Companies are looking to cut costs all the time. If it was more beneficial to hire lower income workers to get the job done, companies would only hire women based on the accusations.  Companies would save enormous amounts of money.

Millenials make less than older workers.  Is this discrimination?  Or based on experience, years in the role, etc?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
What opportunities are being denied today?  The common line typically is fewer women in technology, engineering, etc.  Well, that's because there are so few graduates.  Companies are looking to cut costs all the time. If it was more beneficial to hire lower income workers to get the job done, companies would only hire women based on the accusations.  Companies would save enormous amounts of money.

Millenials make less than older workers.  Is this discrimination?  Or based on experience, years in the role, etc?

No gender discrimination at all, chicos. Didn't ya hear? It's been solved, just like racism!! I mean, we had a black president, and we almost had a female president. Proof, baby! It's gone!!!

Let me tell y'all what it's like, being male, middle-class and white!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
What opportunities are being denied today?  The common line typically is fewer women in technology, engineering, etc.  Well, that's because there are so few graduates.

Right.  But that is a problem.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »

Right.  But that is a problem.

Why? Are there women who are being denied the opportunity to study engineering  because of their gender?

My guess is that the graduation rate for female STEM students is as high or higher than male students. The real sexism doesn't start until after they actually start working.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback