[Today at 09:54:20 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Celtics are the worst No. 1 seed in NBA history  (Read 5464 times)

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
Re: The Celtics are the worst No. 1 seed in NBA history
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »
MCW has had a rough career.

Rarely does a team trade away its rookie of the year so quickly. The 76ers knew what they had

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Isaiah Canaan had a nice game for the Bulls in his first playoff appearance.  I remember him playing for Murray State against Marquette in the NCAA Tournament.

He did fine for the Bulls. But it was hilarious watching him trash-talking Thomas, who is 10x the player. It reminded me of Stephenson blowing in LeBron's ear a few years back.

Thomas prevailed (as did LeBron years ago). I know Thomas trash-talked right back, but I would have been content to just say, "Scoreboard!"

BTW, the Celtics looked pretty good against the Wizards and I would expect they win that series. Should they reach the conference final, would they still be the worst No. 1 seed ever?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 11:08:31 AM »
He did fine for the Bulls. But it was hilarious watching him trash-talking Thomas, who is 10x the player. It reminded me of Stephenson blowing in LeBron's ear a few years back.

Thomas prevailed (as did LeBron years ago). I know Thomas trash-talked right back, but I would have been content to just say, "Scoreboard!"

BTW, the Celtics looked pretty good against the Wizards and I would expect they win that series. Should they reach the conference final, would they still be the worst No. 1 seed ever?

Tough to say. With a healthy Rondo, the Bulls likely win that series.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
Bulls were a bad matchup for the Celtics because of their length. Now, luckily for the Celtics, playoff Rondo got hurt and that left the Bulls real thin thanks to the brilliant moves from GarPax and Hoiberg can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Oh, and the Bulls just aren't that good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »

Maybe. Or maybe once the Celtics got past the shock of Thomas' sister's death they would have rolled to victory anyway. We'll never know. All we know for certain is that the Celtics have won 5 straight games and are looking pretty darn good. Jae was a beast yesterday!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
I really doubt it - although we will never know. It is just as easy to say that if Thomas' sister hadn't been killed a day before the round started, the Celtics would have won in four.

I think we all know Thomas was much more important in this series than Rondo.

The Bulls are a group of aging quitters - nothing would have helped. It's telling that when Jae got into a little shoving match, Thomas pulled him away telling him not to jeopardize the next series cuz the Bulls already had quit.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »
I really doubt it - although we will never know. It is just as easy to say that if Thomas' sister hadn't been killed a day before the round started, the Celtics would have won in four.

I think we all know Thomas was much more important in this series than Rondo.

The Bulls are a group of aging quitters - nothing would have helped. It's telling that when Jae got into a little shoving match, Thomas pulled him away telling him not to jeopardize the next series cuz the Bulls already had quit.

Beyond Wade and Rondo who exactly is an aging quitter? Lopez? He's 29
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:40:20 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 10:23:26 AM »
Beyond Wade and Rondo who exactly is an aging quitter? Lopez? He's 29

Technically everyone on every team is aging  ;)

The Bulls were an enigma all season. In their last 10 games of the regular season, they went 7-3. The 3 losses were to the Sixers, Knicks and Nets. They beat the Cavs, Bucks and Hawks during that stretch. They went up 2-0 on the top seed and had all the momentum coming home but lost 4 straight, completely rolling over in Game 6. That pretty much sums up their whole season.

I can't tell if it's good that Rondo got hurt and they lost the series because it shows how flawed they are or if it's bad because without Rondo they were horrible and the FO may think they've got a contender next season if healthy. In a vacuum, I don't think Hoiberg is necessarily a bad NBA coach but I don't think his players respect him and earning your players respect is a big part of the job.

feedback