[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anything Scoop worthy to report from the Banquet?  (Read 14065 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Anything Scoop worthy to report from the Banquet?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
Last 10 games: avg 16.4 mpg, high of 36, only 2 under double-digits

#BasicallyBenched

Nice cherry-picking but...

First 26 games: 29.0 mpg, high of 45 min, low of 21

Last 6 games: 9.8 mpg, high of 15 min, low of 3

When a players' minutes drop by two-thirds, I'd consider that basically benched.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »
Giving the entire team the MVP award? That's so weak
  participation award

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »
I had forgotten about this.
Signature and resume have both been updated.
Love it. LinkedIn profile will be updated accordingly

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 01:01:13 PM »
Nice cherry-picking but...

First 26 games: 29.0 mpg, high of 45 min, low of 21

Last 6 games: 9.8 mpg, high of 15 min, low of 3

When a players' minutes drop by two-thirds, I'd consider that basically benched.

Cherry picking? That's you. "Late in the season" and using less than the last third is reasonable.

"In the last six games, his PT was significantly reduced" is fine. "Basically benched late in the season" is a LIE.

#BasicallyBenched
#DoneDeal
#BadInfo
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
Love it. LinkedIn profile will be updated accordingly

Those of us in the military are two-time recipients.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
Look to the tab at your left for SOTG Standings.  Scoop (or at least the Mods) agrees with Wojo.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
Woo one MDA, aka most deflections award, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
Very mature of Jajuan.  And the issues he references is why I can't vote him MVP.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:42:50 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
Suprised the table of scoopers didnt protest and argue why Luke really doesnt suck and why he was deserving of MVP
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »
I thought Katin's speech on how avoiding Juco's and focusing on kids who come to MU for academics was the best part of the night. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

macman320

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned frowling on crutches, was it because that was old news by banquet time?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned frowling on crutches, was it because that was old news by banquet time?
Just old news.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
Yep very old news
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2017, 07:33:50 AM »
Yep very old news

Very, very old news

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »
Cherry picking? That's you. "Late in the season" and using less than the last third is reasonable.

"In the last six games, his PT was significantly reduced" is fine. "Basically benched late in the season" is a LIE.

#BasicallyBenched
#DoneDeal
#BadInfo

Speaking of old news...

You're arguing semantics.

You consider "late in the season" to be more than the final 6 games. That's fine. Your assertion that I should have considered "late in the season" to be more than the final 6 games is ridiculous.

Haanif's Second Half PT in the final 6 games...
St J: 0 min
PC: 6 min
X: 3 min
Creighton: 0 min
SHU: 5 min
SC: 1 min

In the second half of the final six games of the season, Haanif did not even get off the bench twice and played just 1:15 in the NCAAT game in order to get JJJ an ovation. To me, when a player goes from starting 25 of 26 games and playing nearly 30 minutes/night to averaging under 10 min off the bench and plays sparingly, if at all, after halftime, I consider that basically benched. We define things differently. It's like if I said it was chilly outside and you called me a liar because you believe it's brisk.

#Semantics
#SixOfOne
#HalfDozenOfAnother

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »
Speaking of old news...

You're arguing semantics.

You consider "late in the season" to be more than the final 6 games. That's fine. Your assertion that I should have considered "late in the season" to be more than the final 6 games is ridiculous.

Haanif's Second Half PT in the final 6 games...
St J: 0 min
PC: 6 min
X: 3 min
Creighton: 0 min
SHU: 5 min
SC: 1 min

In the second half of the final six games of the season, Haanif did not even get off the bench twice and played just 1:15 in the NCAAT game in order to get JJJ an ovation. To me, when a player goes from starting 25 of 26 games and playing nearly 30 minutes/night to averaging under 10 min off the bench and plays sparingly, if at all, after halftime, I consider that basically benched. We define things differently. It's like if I said it was chilly outside and you called me a liar because you believe it's brisk.

#Semantics
#SixOfOne
#HalfDozenOfAnother

I don't care about your semantical tiff with JayBee but when I see those numbers it reinforces the sad fact that Cheatham "progressed" from almost irreplaceable (playing the most minutes of anyone) early on to a guy only being used in emergencies at the end. First to last among players on scholarship - if not unprecedented, nearly so.

When I see TAMU (and others) assume Cheatham went through nothing but a "slump" that Haanif will certainly bounce back from I envy their faith but seriously question their judgement.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »
When I see TAMU (and others) assume Cheatham went through nothing but a "slump" that Haanif will certainly bounce back from I envy their faith but seriously question their judgement.

Never said it was a slump. Never said he would bounce back. Said he was overvalued after his freshman year and is undervalued as of right now. The difference in minutes between his freshman year isn't about his performance. Its about the availability of better options to replace him. Haanif got less minutes but was more efficient in those minutes in everything other than shooting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »
I don't care about your semantical tiff with JayBee but when I see those numbers it reinforces the sad fact that Cheatham "progressed" from almost irreplaceable (playing the most minutes of anyone) early on to a guy only being used in emergencies at the end. First to last among players on scholarship - if not unprecedented, nearly so.

Cheatham's advanced numbers were very similar to what they were his freshman year. The only thing that changed was that we had better players in front of him.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »

Based on your views, How do You think his chances of returning close to his first year numbers, percentage wise 10%?  5%?  Thanks for sharing. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

SVL4

• Walk-On
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2017, 04:11:44 PM »
Where you see the dramatic cut in minutes is essentially where Wojo gave up on this team ever being respectable on defense and decided that the best path to winning would be to outscore opponents.  Unfortunately for Hannif, his talents as an individual defender weren't going to help the team since there were so many other defensive weaknesses to exploit.  There are a lot of ways for Hannif to become a contributor again.  Although, if we do not see any dramatic defensive improvement, he is going to have to become a much better offensive player and cut out the turnovers.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
Where you see the dramatic cut in minutes is essentially where Wojo gave up on this team ever being respectable on defense and decided that the best path to winning would be to outscore opponents.  Unfortunately for Hannif, his talents as an individual defender weren't going to help the team since there were so many other defensive weaknesses to exploit.  There are a lot of ways for Hannif to become a contributor again.  Although, if we do not see any dramatic defensive improvement, he is going to have to become a much better offensive player and cut out the turnovers.

+1 Hanni needs to develop his right hand and pull up jumper.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »
+1 Hanni needs to develop his right hand and pull up jumper.

...and be able to get above the rim when we drives for the basket.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:02 PM »
I thought Katin's speech on how avoiding Juco's and focusing on kids who come to MU for academics was the best part of the night.

If he really said that, I am really happy Katin is not involved in recruiting.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »

I am in the camp that says Haanif will have a positive turnaround in his performance his junior season. He is a very good kid and will put the hard work in to improve the areas he had trouble in. He as much said so in one of his own tweets.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire