[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices  (Read 18968 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:02 PM »
How seating shakes out for MU with the new arena will be interesting ..

Currently, season ticket holders mostly fill the lower bowl, making it a scarce commodity, versus the upper bowl.

The new arena will have +2500 more lower bowl seats.  Who will take them?  Will upper-bowl STHs move down?  Some will, some won't, as the move is quite costly.

It's quite possible that MU will have 2000+ lower bowl tickets to sell on game day.  Lower bowl seats will no longer be scarce.  --  The scarcity that pumped up season ticket numbers .. will be gone as now anyone can put together their own mini-plan, and sit downstairs and never give a second thought to the Tuesday game versus Marathon Oil.

That is an excellent point.  Chick and I will be an interesting test case.  Right now we have among the very best seats in the upper bowl.  I'd argue that our seats are better than many in the lower bowl but don't have that cache.  They also don't have that price point.  It'll be an interesting decision for us. 

And you're right.  With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »
The new arena will have +2500 more lower bowl seats.  Who will take them?  Will upper-bowl STHs move down?  Some will, some won't, as the move is quite costly.

With this re-seating every year crap, these questions will be revisited every June.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »
On the plus side, some of y'all will have an additional excuse to give the student donation solicitors when they call.

You can alternate "I'm still paying off my student loans" with "I am still paying for my basketball season tickets."
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:29 PM »
That is an excellent point.  Chick and I will be an interesting test case.  Right now we have among the very best seats in the upper bowl.  I'd argue that our seats are better than many in the lower bowl but don't have that cache.  They also don't have that price point.  It'll be an interesting decision for us. 

And you're right.  With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
I'm in the 2nd row in the upper deck, aisle seat. Much better than a corner or behind the basket in the lower bowl at the Bradley Center. Decision will also be interesting, but I think, we will be in the lower bowl in the new arena.

With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
They might, but folks might be paying top cost, as season or mini plans are cheaper per game, than buying single game tickets in most cases.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
I'm in the 2nd row in the upper deck, aisle seat. Much better than a corner or behind the basket in the lower bowl at the Bradley Center. Decision will also be interesting, but I think, we will be in the lower bowl in the new arena.

With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
They might, but folks might be paying top cost, as season or mini plans are cheaper per game, than buying single game tickets in most cases.

Disagreed.  Besides from the middle couple sections, the corner in the BC is the best seat available.  If you're sitting on the "sideline" but closer to the baseline at the BC your seats are looking straight ahead and you have to crank your neck the entire game to watch the action.  In the corner you look straight ahead and see all the action without being blocked by the basket.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:20:20 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 03:02:53 PM »

I'd also wonder if front-row uppers in the BC are closer to the action than front-row uppers in the BC2.  Suddenly your seats might be worse, for a higher price. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
Are Cup Holders 100% confirmed as in #DoneDeal?  This is a #BigDeal if so...

If so, that is worth $5.00+ extra per game for me.  I can stand and clap and set my beer down/pick it up....  No more sticking it under the seat, or holding it.  This also means more leg room due to the cup holders to allow ingress/egress. 

If it's $75 for 2 extra inches of leg room on a plane ride, maybe $5 for cup holders and more leg room is way underselling the value at $5.00 or so...?

If the new arena actually allows one to use the facilities, get in line at half and get a drink and get back to the seats in time for the second half tip, and place a beer in a glorious Cup Holder, that may just be priceless   ;D

Nah, I get free water on the plane, I gotta pay 6 dollars at the arena.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
I'd also wonder if front-row uppers in the BC are closer to the action than front-row uppers in the BC2.  Suddenly your seats might be worse, for a higher price.

It should appease the snobs who currently refuse to sit in the upper bowl.

I am fine with it, though. Keeps the price lower for me.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

Same with me. My brother and I have had upper row A tickets for 9 years now. We've shifted around the sections a bit to see which is the best but we decided that both center court/lowers and not being in Row A are not worth the price increase. Row A is YUGE. Getting rid of it would be the worst trade deal ever.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
On the plus side, some of y'all will have an additional excuse to give the student donation solicitors when they call.

You can alternate "I'm still paying off my student loans" with "I am still paying for my basketball season tickets."

Mines just a Click as soon as they ask. I gave enough when I was there.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Disagreed.  Besides from the middle couple sections, the corner in the BC is the best seat available.  If you're sitting along the baseline at the BC your seats are looking straight ahead and you have to crank your neck the entire game to watch the action.  In the corner you look straight ahead and see all the action without being blocked by the basket.

Is true. Doubley so if you get one of the 4 Seat corners with 2 seats being Obstructed. Basically a private balcony.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.  I sat upstairs a few dozen times over the years .. the amount of energy and excitement is a fraction of what I experience downstairs.   

If you get enough jollies up there, more power to you.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 05:34:28 PM »
No way. One stadium is built exclusively for basketball sight lines. The other was built for hockey where distant corners are better to see the puck in the corners.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
No way. One stadium is built exclusively for basketball sight lines. The other was built for hockey where distant corners are better to see the puck in the corners.

By looking at the picture .. I disagree:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/160316-Arena-Rendering-08.jpg

The lower bowl has about 15 more rows .. then there's not one but two rings of suite/boxes .. THEN there's the upper deck.   

No doubt, the picture shows a much steeper angle than BC1 .. but those extra rows and suites have got to push Row A back many feet.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
I would be shocked if the front rows of upper deck of the new arena are worse seats than the BC. That is not consistent with how new arenas are being built--regardless of the rendering.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/160316-Arena-Rendering-08.jpg

The lower bowl has about 15 more rows .. then there's not one but two rings of suite/boxes .. THEN there's the upper deck.   

No doubt, the picture shows a much steeper angle than BC1 .. but those extra rows and suites have got to push Row A back many feet.

I believe they are built on top of the suites. As opposed to behind them.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »
I was told when selecting my bucks seats for the new arena that this was the case

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
I was told when selecting my bucks seats for the new arena that this was the case

That they are worse seats for a higher price?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
That they are worse seats for a higher price?
Further from the court than the front row upper deck at the bc.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
Further from the court than the front row upper deck at the bc.

/Sad trombone

.. Off topic ..

Article in the JS has a few numbers .. When the BC opened, it had 68 suites .. They eventually removed 25 as sales dropped.  Now they have 33.

BC2 has 33 plus 34 "loft" suites .. good luck selling those.  I'd expect a sales bump for the first couple years, then companies will revert back to BC levels.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2017/04/13/bmo-harris-bradley-center-had-68-suites-when-opened-43-remain-today/100385542/?hootPostID=22f834952fe2948e91c43e12736dab96

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
/Sad trombone

.. Off topic ..

Article in the JS has a few numbers .. When the BC opened, it had 68 suites .. They eventually removed 25 as sales dropped.  Now they have 33.

BC2 has 33 plus 34 "loft" suites .. good luck selling those.  I'd expect a sales bump for the first couple years, then companies will revert back to BC levels.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2017/04/13/bmo-harris-bradley-center-had-68-suites-when-opened-43-remain-today/100385542/?hootPostID=22f834952fe2948e91c43e12736dab96

If  the price point is correctly set, they should be able to sell all of those luxury boxes for one-offs.  An empty skybox makes no money for anyone.
Have some patience, FFS.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »

Staples center has a similar layout with the two rows of boxes, the upper seats feel very very far away compared to the BC

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »
I would be shocked if the front rows of upper deck of the new arena are worse seats than the BC. That is not consistent with how new arenas are being built--regardless of the rendering.

I'd almost guarantee that the upper-deck, front-row, mid-court seats in BC2 will be farther away from the court than in BC1.  As pointed out previously, the lower bowl is going to be much larger, pushing the upper-deck seats back farther.  Behind the baskets might be a different story though.  The front-row seats back there might actually be closer because there won't be as much room behind the baskets.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 12:19:19 PM »
That is what I was referring to--didn't say mid court

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

That's a pretty poor attempt at a press by the Magic (Thunder?).
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.