Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU-Davidson gets the Freezing Cold Takes treatment  (Read 6910 times)

Bocephys

• All American
Re: MU-Davidson gets the Freezing Cold Takes treatment
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
All this nostalgia about a first round NCAA win and none about a BEAST Regular Season title that included a banner.  That's proof enough that Brew and others are liars in this thread: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=53837

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 04:32:24 PM »
Chick has told this story before but I'll repeat.  She wasn't able to come down until the weekend.  So for 38 minutes I'm quietly thinking that it might be a long, sad drive home alone on Friday. And I had been told to be on absolute radio silence as she planned to watch the 'tape' when she got home.  So we all know the finish and you can imagine the post party.  Well, eventually the hyperventilating ended in the Marriott? (can't remember the hotel brand) down in Lexington after the game but the party continued and everyone knew she was watching delayed. 

Yep, right on queue about an hour later 'Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!' over my speakerphone.  I remember everyone getting a big kick out of that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »
Those words from When Harry Met Sally or wuz dat, I'll have watt she's havin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 09:27:12 PM »
Chick has told this story before but I'll repeat.  She wasn't able to come down until the weekend.  So for 38 minutes I'm quietly thinking that it might be a long, sad drive home alone on Friday. And I had been told to be on absolute radio silence as she planned to watch the 'tape' when she got home.  So we all know the finish and you can imagine the post party.  Well, eventually the hyperventilating ended in the Marriott? (can't remember the hotel brand) down in Lexington after the game but the party continued and everyone knew she was watching delayed. 

Yep, right on queue about an hour later 'Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!' over my speakerphone.  I remember everyone getting a big kick out of that.

Glow left out the part where he got his cancer diagnosis a couple of days before his planned trip to Lexington.  He contemplated not going, but decided that a couple of nice MU wins would be good for his psyche.

As the Davidson game wound down, he was wondering why God was piling on in terms of his personal misery.  And as the story goes, there was a happy ending on all fronts.  He has been cancer free for 4 years now.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 09:37:30 PM »

Glow left out the part where he got his cancer diagnosis a couple of days before his planned trip to Lexington.  He contemplated not going, but decided that a couple of nice MU wins would be good for his psyche.

As the Davidson game wound down, he was wondering why God was piling on in terms of his personal misery.  And as the story goes, there was a happy ending on all fronts.  He has been cancer free for 4 years now.

Nice, way to make good use of that hotel
Maigh Eo for Sam

sodakmu87

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 09:47:43 PM »
Watched the end of the game in the waiting room of my clinic.  Patients there had a hard time reading me and figured out I was a MU fan and alum.  Made their day watching me jump up and down when Blue hit the last shot

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:55:21 PM by Coleman »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 10:01:10 PM »

Wow! Great story. Cheers to being healthy, Glow!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »

very happy for both of you!  the power of...well a lot of things.  wishing you a continuance of good health.  hope you're planning on going to the south carolina game...and the duke game...and the...
don't...don't don't don't don't

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
Watching replays of the final minute or so of that game still gives me chills.

We had absolutely no business coming back to win that game - very similar to the feeling I felt after we beat Villanova this season. I LOVED the comebacks, of course, I just feel we "got away with one" each time.

The fact that we somehow came back to beat Davidson doesn't mean those who foresaw an upset were wrong.

Indeed, those who picked Davidson were pretty darn smart. But for one of the great comebacks in NCAA tourney history, they would have nailed a 14-3 upset.

I have the consolidated version of the last 2 minutes saved on my phone's home screen as "The Miracle Minute". Watch it from time to time when I need a pick me up.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 11:06:49 PM »
MU82

IMO Vander Blue received the most "personal" attacks I have witnessed as a fan. While I do not care to rehash the VB story/era, I found much of it disgusting and the disgust would be shared with those under a very wide net.

Normally I'd go with a "+1" but that just feels inadequate. I think I was then more a fan of Vander because of the vitriol our own fans directed at him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 11:16:28 PM »

Very inspirational story thanks for sharing . Here's to continuing to wish your family good things on all fronts .  An MU win will be more frosting on the cake.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 02:38:10 AM »
Chick and glow

Great story!!! Happy to hear four years and counting. Thanks for sharing both stories, they made my day.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:21 AM »

Lexington?!?  Isn't that where you go to get cancer?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback