Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Tournament Thread  (Read 19661 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Re: Big East Tournament Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »
I'm confused as to what Mullin was doing out on the court and why he was was so angry
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »
Heard from some trustworthy peeps here in Las Vegas that if JTIII didn't win tonight he was probably gone.  With his old man lingering nothing can be etched in stone, but...?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:14:45 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
I thought we might as well have a thread for all BET games, with it kicking off tonight.

It looks like they removed the NBA three point line from the court for the tournament, which was something that I was irrationally worried about

https://twitter.com/BIGEASTMBB/status/839566168113483794
That has been gone since day 1 of new Big East version.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
I'm going out on a limb and saying this game won't get to 100.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
I'm going out on a limb and saying this game won't get to 100.

Yeah I just decided to call it a night. This game sucks.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
"If we can avoid playing Villanova, Butler, Creighton, Providence, Marquette and Seton Hall, I like our chances in this tournament."
-From a Xavier fan

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2017, 09:31:30 PM »
"If we can avoid playing Villanova, Butler, Creighton, Providence, Marquette and Seton Hall, I like our chances in this tournament."
-From a Xavier fan
+1
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:32 PM »
That has been gone since day 1 of new Big East version.

For the tournament it has been, yes. But it was there for all 3 games we played at MSG this year so I thought maybe they were changing it for this year.

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »
Heard from some trustworthy peeps here in Las Vegas that if JTIII didn't win tonight he was probably gone.  With his old man lingering nothing can be etched in stone, but...?

Let's hope. Now that Marquette took care of it's business by getting back to the tournament this year, I'd love to see Georgetown get their *hit together and get back to being one of the top brands in the Big East.

Doubt it would ever happen since he's building a nice thing in Blacksburg, and will likely hold out for 1 last "big time" job - but it would be fun to see Buzz get the job.

Georgetown still has far more national appeal. JT3 was still able to land solid recruits despite running the awful Princeton offense, and having zero charisma.

Would love to build a real rivalry, and play him twice a year. And it would nice to get another big name coach in the conference.

Don't see it as being a fit, outside of the fact that Georgetown-Blacksburg are only about 4 hours apart.  But it would be fun to see.

The Big East is doing great things, but we can only benefit from having Georgetown (and St Johns) being relevant again..

Based on where they are at right now.. What type of coach do you think would accept the Georgetown job?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 09:58:57 PM »

Can't believe the university would keep him after this disaster of a season, no matter who his father is/was.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 10:06:17 PM »
Yeah I just decided to call it a night. This game sucks.
Game picking up.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 10:08:34 PM »
Memorable game between Johnnies and Hoyas. Overall good for Big East.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 10:17:01 PM »
Let's hope. Now that Marquette took care of it's business by getting back to the tournament this year, I'd love to see Georgetown get their *hit together and get back to being one of the top brands in the Big East.

I know they've had poor postseasons recently, but 2 years ago Georgetown took 2nd in the BE and was a 4 seed. 4 years ago they were co-champions and a 2 seed. 5 years ago they finished the season ranked 15th by the AP.

Forget the poor postseasons, and they're doing ok.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/4143877/2530009
Gus Johnson loven some X alley oop
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »
Xavier doing what they need to do
            ---Al McGuire

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 10:41:14 PM »
I know they've had poor postseasons recently, but 2 years ago Georgetown took 2nd in the BE and was a 4 seed. 4 years ago they were co-champions and a 2 seed. 5 years ago they finished the season ranked 15th by the AP.

Forget the poor postseasons, and they're doing ok.

I'll forget the poor postseasons, and I still don't think they are doing "ok". Because they've missed the tournament 3 of the last 4 years. That alone should be cause for concern. Marquette missed 3 straight years, but we had a coaching change/rebuild.

Add in the postseason? They've won 3 tournament games in a decade. Zero Sweet 16's.

Time for a change.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 12:35:51 AM »
Yup. They missed 11 free throws (56%)

FTs no matta.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 02:28:40 AM »

Doubt it would ever happen since he's building a nice thing in Blacksburg, and will likely hold out for 1 last "big time" job - but it would be fun to see Buzz get the job.

1 last big time job? Buzz is supppppper young for a coach. What?

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 06:43:11 AM »
Devendorf just jumped up yelling in his trailer.

Hilarious

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 06:44:43 AM »
Anyone know what the world's most famous arena is?

Haaaaa!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 07:33:51 AM »
Was flipping between STJ/GT, VT/Wake, and OSU/Rut as they were all close down the stretch at the same time. What was most apparent was the difference among crowds. I get that we had a local team and a big name, but wow was the MSG crowd looking and sounding miles better than the other two.

Washington DC isn't  B1G city despite the addition of Maryland. NYC is not an ACC city....especially since Syracuse lost early. Super conferences lose some of their roots. We haven't.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44:55 AM »
I'll forget the poor postseasons, and I still don't think they are doing "ok". Because they've missed the tournament 3 of the last 4 years. That alone should be cause for concern. Marquette missed 3 straight years, but we had a coaching change/rebuild.

Add in the postseason? They've won 3 tournament games in a decade. Zero Sweet 16's.

Time for a change.

I heard last night on the broadcast that '16-17 was the worst GTown season since something like 1974.  Can that really be true?  If so, clean out GTIII's office this morning.  And tell the old man that if he doesn't like it he can leave too.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2017, 08:28:08 AM »
If anything the BET games so far have showed is that Marquette better be prepared for a dogfight today with The Hall.  Sure we can shoot threes but we need to be physical because otherwise the Pirates are going to push us around.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »
If anything the BET games so far have showed is that Marquette better be prepared for a dogfight today with The Hall.  Sure we can shoot threes but we need to be physical because otherwise the Pirates are going to push us around.
Luke and JJJ need to play with maximum intensity.
            ---Al McGuire