Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Epic Collapse Signifies Poor Coaching - Wojo Embraces Inconsistency Again  (Read 14020 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Another blown lead by the sweating floor slapper.  Hyped for playing tough defense in the ACC during his tenure at Duke, Wojo cannot translate that on court success to MU.  This team doesn't play defense and today it showed.  How many blow leads have we had this year? - Well, enough where had we won, MU would be dancing.  I'll say it over and over - Wojo can't coach.  Heldt starting over Fischer last game as well as Cheatem coming off the bench show a lot of immaturity on this team.  The kids aren't buying in and that's on the coach.  Nothing is going to change and it hasn't.  The blind Wojo supporters continue their existence in turmoil, with a roller coaster team.  What these blind folk don't understand is that this is the nature of a team that relies on 3 point shooting and doesn't play defense.  There's a lot of volatility and the season hath proved that thus far. 

Nonetheless, we're about to go into March in Wojo's 3rd year.  3 years is ample time to get a program into the tourney as history dictates, especially with the amount of parity in college basketball.  Wojo hasn't done it, his kids aren't buying in, and prior comments about how the Big East is very tough tell me that he's not cut out to be a head coach.  Defense is easier to coach than offense and the inverse is happening here.  I've seen other coaches do more with less.  Find someone who can coach sound basketball principles that doesn't have to bench seniors because of uninspired practicing.  The current administration and Wojo continually set MU back as a program year after year.  Winning cultures are established over decades.  The last several years of incompetent play has taken a once respected program and turned it into an after thought.  The Danger Zone is approaching where MU will be looked at as an afterthought by coaches.  Stability is needed.

Enjoy the NIT - At least there might be a home game.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Epic Collapse Signifies Poor Coaching - Wojo Embraces Inconsistency Again
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
Another blown lead by the sweating floor slapper.  Hyped for playing tough defense in the ACC during his tenure at Duke, Wojo cannot translate that on court success to MU.  This team doesn't play defense and today it showed.  How many blow leads have we had this year? - Well, enough where had we won, MU would be dancing.  I'll say it over and over - Wojo can't coach.  Heldt starting over Fischer last game as well as Cheatem coming off the bench show a lot of immaturity on this team.  The kids aren't buying in and that's on the coach.  Nothing is going to change and it hasn't.  The blind Wojo supporters continue their existence in turmoil, with a roller coaster team.  What these blind folk don't understand is that this is the nature of a team that relies on 3 point shooting and doesn't play defense.  There's a lot of volatility and the season hath proved that thus far. 

Nonetheless, we're about to go into March in Wojo's 3rd year.  3 years is ample time to get a program into the tourney as history dictates, especially with the amount of parity in college basketball.  Wojo hasn't done it, his kids aren't buying in, and prior comments about how the Big East is very tough tell me that he's not cut out to be a head coach.  Defense is easier to coach than offense and the inverse is happening here.  I've seen other coaches do more with less.  Find someone who can coach sound basketball principles that doesn't have to bench seniors because of uninspired practicing.  The current administration and Wojo continually set MU back as a program year after year.  Winning cultures are established over decades.  The last several years of incompetent play has taken a once respected program and turned it into an after thought.  The Danger Zone is approaching where MU will be looked at as an afterthought by coaches.  Stability is needed.

Cool.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
Go away. O
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »

Curious what you'll have to say if we make the tourney.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »
I really dislike you.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
Everybody has a right to there opinion .I will respect you if you come back in 2 years and admit you were wrong when WOJO has it rolling

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
I disagree, the kids are buying in, they are young, experience is important and not easily transferable.  Wojoe's experience can't be taught, it has to be earned.  Every game is a learning experience, we await that a-ha moment, when they really get it.     

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »
I really dislike you.

Very funny, but more importantly, very honest.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
I really dislike you.

Great Post!  Do you always "hate" people who point out the truth?  You're probably one of those guys who had to hire the show Cheaters, because you were to naive to know that the waiter at Olive Garden was giving your significant other an extra breadstick. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
You, are a turd.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »
Great Post!  Do you always "hate" people who point out the truth?  You're probably one of those guys who had to hire the show Cheaters, because you were to naive to know that the waiter at Olive Garden was giving your significant other an extra breadstick.

Would you have posted if they won today? 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Defense is easier to coach than offense and the inverse is happening here.  I've seen other coaches do more with less. 

Oh really?  Then why aren't all teams as good offensively as MU?

I get we're a bad defensive team.  But I think you under-appreciate how good MU is offensively.  That  takes some great recruiting, and good coaching.

Speaking of which, today WAS NOT a bad defensive day...

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »
Would you have posted if they won today?

They should have won.  It was expected when you shoot 55% from 3 pt range.  Nonetheless, I'd still say the same thing.  Wojo can't coach defense and that doesn't equate to long term success for a program, especially one like MU where it's expected you get to the tournament and win a game or several. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »

I get we're a bad defensive team.  But I think you under-appreciate how good MU is offensively.  That  takes some great recruiting, and good coaching.

Under appreciate?  Their outside shooting is great, but their inside game is almost non existent.  That's what hurts the most as Luke Fischer should be averaging 15 pts a game with all the guards there are to space the floor for him down low.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 06:41:28 PM »
They should have won.  It was expected when you shoot 55% from 3 pt range.  Nonetheless, I'd still say the same thing.  Wojo can't coach defense and that doesn't equate to long term success for a program, especially one like MU where it's expected you get to the tournament and win a game or several.

So no.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »

Wocky, why aren't you done with this turd?

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »
Everybody has a right to there opinion .I will respect you if you come back in 2 years and admit you were wrong when WOJO has it rolling

Unless Wojo gets cream-of-the-crop talent, MU will never be "rolling" under his tenure, imo.

He is just not good enough of a coach to get his players to overachieve.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
Unless Wojo gets cream-of-the-crop talent, MU will never be "rolling" under his tenure, imo.

He is just not good enough of a coach to get his players to overachieve.

He see-eth the light!!  Hallelujah!!!

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »

It sure looks like MU is dead in the water if the 3pt shot isn't falling.

He has recruited some good (and some streaky) 3 pt shooters, I'll give him that.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »
It sure looks like MU is dead in the water if the 3pt shot isn't falling.

He has recruited some good (and some streaky) 3 pt shooters, I'll give him that.

Yeah, he's found a niche there.  If Wojo could get a few rebounders and a guy who could score with his back to the basket, MU would have a formidable offense. 
Question is....would these big men box out at all?  That's something that doesn't seem to be taught with this team.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »

Gonna take a lot more than a poor comeback that references a D-list television show to get me riled up.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 06:51:54 PM »
Really a pretty bad OP.  The defense was not that bad tonite.  They lost this game for two very very simple reasons.

1. They missed prolly 10 wide open looks in the last 5 minutes.  Should wojo shoot an uncontested 6 footer for Sam? Etc.

2. Personnel, this team has no true 4.  Even when we have a 5 in the game we have no 4.  So during the final stretch we had no 4 or 5 on the court and we could not finish defensive possessions. 

Blame Wojo if you would like for no 4, but help is on the way in that area and kids have to make shots.  To wojos creditwe ran clock, moved the ball, and simply missed wide open shot after wide open shot. 

We only gave up 73 on the day and thats pretty good for this group.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 06:54:40 PM »
Kind of weird, I was all for firing Wojo after the embarrassment that was the Georgetown game.  Now, I am not so sure.

I actually saw some development in Heldt and Rowsey.  Howard is a talent, but I haven't seen the development in Hauser, and I am wondering about Johnson and Cheatham?

It's a NIT team, which is not where the Warriors should be in year 3 of Wojo's tenure.  However, I see some hope.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »
Gonna take a lot more than a poor comeback that references a D-list television show to get me riled up.

You have nothing interesting or poignant to say backed with an intelligent defense, so it really doesn't matter.  Continue being Brand Boring.  There will always be a a loaf of store brand white bread on the shelf. 

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
Kind of weird, I was all for firing Wojo after the embarrassment that was the Georgetown game.  Now, I am not so sure.

I actually saw some development in Heldt and Rowsey.  Howard is a talent, but I haven't seen the development in Hauser, and I am wondering about Johnson and Cheatham?

It's a NIT team, which is not where the Warriors should be in year 3 of Wojo's tenure.  However, I see some hope.

I actually kind of agree.  I wanted to fire wojo after Georgetown, and I'm not happy about today, but I actually think we are going to be ok, with Wojo.   

feedback