Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sacar  (Read 12302 times)

Afroman

• All American
Sacar
« on: February 04, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
If he wasn't redshirting, how much playing time/if any would he be getting right now?
With that said, how many minutes do you see him getting next season?

tower912

• All American
Re: Sacar
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
Rotation is solid right now.    IF it turns out he was a defensive stopper, he could be getting 10-12.     Next year..... how well does he develop?   How ready to go are the frosh?   75 mpg are leaving.    45-50 at the wing.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »
If he wasn't redshirting, how much playing time/if any would he be getting right now?
With that said, how many minutes do you see him getting next season?

First question.  Probably not all that much unless he is *much* better defensively than I think he is.

Second question.  I don' t know.  The opportunity is there with Katin and JJJ leaving.  But how much did he improve?  How good will Jamal Cain be?  Who else might be coming?

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 03:40:43 PM »
He'll get some of Reinhardts minutes and a few over the frosh pf's next year - I say he's a 8-10 min guy next year - this year, mins only if Sam and fish have serious foul trouble- great decision to redshirt - he'll have a role next year and going forward - has some skills and good size

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »

Way too early.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
This year: Mop up minutes, otherwise why redshirt

Next year depends.  Do we land a grad transfer?  How ready is Cain?  How is Sacar developing?  Are there any injuries?  Too many unknowns right now.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
Has anyone heard anything on how he or his cousin Sacre are doing in practice?

burger

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
If I were coaching.....

He would have every opportunity to have as many of JJ minutes.....

That being said.....JJ played a more "mistake" free tree oriented game today.....

Instead of thinking that every 5th time down the court.....it was his turn to jack up some garbage BS shot.....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
If I were coaching.....

He would have every opportunity to have as many of JJ minutes.....

That being said.....JJ played a more "mistake" free tree oriented game today.....

Instead of thinking that every 5th time down the court.....it was his turn to jack up some garbage BS shot.....

He went 1-1 with 8 points today.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »
Like others have said, unless he is a lockdown defender, I think he was only getting garbage minutes this season. Though, I wonder if the coaches had known Traci and Sandy would transfer if the redshirt would have still happened.

He certainly will have an opportunity next season. JJJ and Katin's departure leaves a lot of room at his position. He's got the physicality that many have been asking for. If he his bball IQ and skills increase, he could see a good chunk of minutes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »
Just a reminder to everyone that Sacar was young for his HS class, so his redshirt puts him in a class with guys more his age. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone that Sacar was young for his HS class, so his redshirt puts him in a class with guys more his age.
Markus is 17
Drink
Goal is National Championship

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »
Pretty much ditto to what everyone is saying here.  Given this team's offensive firepower, it all is about his defense.  Sacar is never going to be a 15ppg guy so it is all about the defense.  He showed some defensive prowess in the little time he played his frosh year so there is some potential.

If he could be a good defender and rebound well for his size he is going to get playing time next year because there are enough offensive options next year that not everyone on the court has to be a scorer.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:19:18 AM »
Pretty much ditto to what everyone is saying here.  Given this team's offensive firepower, it all is about his defense.  Sacar is never going to be a 15ppg guy so it is all about the defense.  He showed some defensive prowess in the little time he played his frosh year so there is some potential.

If he could be a good defender and rebound well for his size he is going to get playing time next year because there are enough offensive options next year that not everyone on the court has to be a scorer.

Pretty sure Sacar scored over 30 a game in a HS. I agree that he may never be our leading scorer, but I don't think he is offensively inept either. If Wojo didn't like his game, he probably wouldn't have asked him to red shirt.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
Pretty sure Sacar scored over 30 a game in a HS. I agree that he may never be our leading scorer, but I don't think he is offensively inept either. If Wojo didn't like his game, he probably wouldn't have asked him to red shirt.

Furthering your point, Sacar also led Howard Pulley in scoring in EYBL play. His teammates included becky's Alex Ill. and the Gophers Amir Coffey.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »

No question but as I stated not going to average 15 a game.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
Also, I thought it was reported earlier that he wouldn't be able to travel to road games, but it seems like I have seen him on the bench for every game this season.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
Also, I thought it was reported earlier that he wouldn't be able to travel to road games, but it seems like I have seen him on the bench for every game this season.
No restrictions on travel for a redshirt, unless its for a transfer like Rowsey last season.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:22 AM »
No question but as I stated not going to average 15 a game.

There is not one player on this team averaging 15, I would be happy with his play next year if he averages 10.  More importantly is he good enough to play with the
year off?  Again, no one has really answered how he is doing in practice and do they see improvement and if somebody can answer that question how is Froling
looking as well?  Both will be needed next year.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »
No restrictions on travel for a redshirt, unless its for a transfer like Rowsey last season.

Did not see Froling on the bench, was he there, figure he could get a ride down from somebody?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »
Has anyone heard anything on how he or his cousin Sacre are doing in practice?

What would his name be if he married Vander?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »
Did not see Froling on the bench, was he there, figure he could get a ride down from somebody?
Almost positive it would violate some stupid NCAA rule
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Common misconception. Sacar is not considered a redshirt until after the season is over.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
Almost positive it would violate some stupid NCAA rule

No he can pay his own way to road games. Not sure if he did or decided to take it off.
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
What would his name be if he married Vander?

Sacre Orange

feedback