Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke for SOTG  (Read 7701 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Luke for SOTG
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 06:04:11 PM »
No way on luke.. He had a good game but everyone that says luke is just remebering his last few games.  He played well but his defense was still shaky for stretches. 
Reinhardt was really good and is contributing in many ways including his defense. 

Rinehardt is the cleat sotg, thise voting for luke just feel sorry for him
Over the last 6-7 games kr n mh have been our two best players

No agenda here. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
No agenda here.

Luke should really get SOTG now just to spite that comment.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
No way on luke.. He had a good game but everyone that says luke is just remebering his last few games.  He played well but his defense was still shaky for stretches. 
Reinhardt was really good and is contributing in many ways including his defense. 

Rinehardt is the cleat sotg, thise voting for luke just feel sorry for him
Over the last 6-7 games kr n mh have been our two best players

No, just no.  I've been as hard on Luke as anyone around here, and I watched this game and thought, damn, Luke is dominating this game.  He dominated a guy that may be a lottery pick. 

He put up 18 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 blocks.  That's just insane. 

I joked that Rheinhardt should get SOTG just because he hasn't gotten one yet, and Rheinhardt had one of the finest games of an MU player in the last 3 years.  But, Luke still was head and shoulders the best player on the floor. 

That doesn't take anything away from KR's performance, just speaks to how great of a game Luke had.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
Hands down, it's Luke.  All those nice open looks Reinhardt got were courtesy of Creighton having to respect Fischer early.   Reinhardt was terrific too, he knocked them down, but Luke was great.  And his defense was fantastic too, saved a lot of points with his blocks.  And the block shots started early too, and kept coming. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »
Mo Watson.

Now that is just mean....but I still laughed at it.
Have some patience, FFS.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 07:23:58 PM »
Katin was great, but Fisch did everything well. Came out confident on offense, blocked some shots, grabbed some boards. Very impressive game.

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
Luke SOTG - no contest.  What he did today was special.  He has not played well in the BE and that hurts our team.  Today he played  with confidence and a level of intensity I haven't seen.  katlin had a very good game as well but we have other guys in his position that can as well.  Best win in some time!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »

KR
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
Luke SOTG - no contest.  What he did today was special.  He has not played well in the BE and that hurts our team.  Today he played  with confidence and a level of intensity I haven't seen.  katlin had a very good game as well but we have other guys in his position that can as well.  Best win in some time!
It's not about "that can", it's about "who did" and KR was the stud today.  Don't get me wrong, Luke played great.  Hit the shots we were expecting all year and blocked some shots. 

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
Katin

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »
Are people just looking to keep SOG tally tight at the top?  Feel bad Reinhardt hasn't won yet?

Fischer did his work in 7 less minutes than Reinhardt.  He was a beast on both ends.  Plus, Reinhardt's contributions were largely in the first half.  I think he scored all but three of his points in the first half.  Plus, Fischer's work down low early, opened things up for guys like Reinhardt. 

Reinhardt played excellent, but I don't see how SOG doesn't go to Fischer today.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Katin basically played point guard half the time.  7 assists n led us in scoring.  His defense is under appreciated n pkayed tge 4 most of the day.  Good game for luke but kaitin was much more valuable.  Again nothing against luke but i think voters are giving luke just a little more credit than he deserves because of it being a bounce back game fir him.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »
Would love to give it to Katin, he's been playing his heart out. But this one is a no brainer for Luke.

18 points, 8 boards, 6 blocks, 8/9 from the floor.

More importantly, he took Patton out of the game. Wojo said post game that they scouted Patton and knew he bit easily on shot fakes. Luke intentionally pump faked every time he went against Patton. Got him up in the air and got easy fouls against him. Won us the game. We don't win if Patton plays his normal 25 minutes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:14 AM »
Are people just looking to keep SOG tally tight at the top?  Feel bad Reinhardt hasn't won yet?

Fischer did his work in 7 less minutes than Reinhardt.  He was a beast on both ends.  Plus, Reinhardt's contributions were largely in the first half.  I think he scored all but three of his points in the first half.  Plus, Fischer's work down low early, opened things up for guys like Reinhardt. 

Reinhardt played excellent, but I don't see how SOG doesn't go to Fischer today.
Good observation about Fischer opening up things for Reinhardt in the first half, but look at the second half.  Every time Reinhardt touched the ball in the second half a Creighton big came out to double team him, hence opening it up for Fischer.  Teams make adjustments.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 05:51:11 AM »
My vote is for Harry Froling. Is that allowed? After a few practices going against Froling, Luke bounces back with arguably his best game at Marquette.

Since it can't really beat Froling, it has to be a CO-SOTG. In watching the game AND looking at the stats it has to be both. The blocks for Luke and the assists for Reinhart on top of their scoring means they both absolutely deserve it. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:35 AM »
Again nothing against luke
There is this thing called the internet.  On it, things that you write stay around pretty much forever.  It turns out people can go back and look at things that you might have said previously on this internet thing.  And pretending that 90% of what you've previously said doesn't exist? Well...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »
Luke. Was the presence in the paint we been missing

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »
Fischer in a photo finish over Reinhardt.  Picking one over the other is splitting hairs.  They both had great statistical games, but Luke getting his opposite number in foul trouble was a key to the game that doesn't show up in the stats so he gets the slight edge.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 09:48:44 AM »
Had to go with Luke.  His stats are studly enough to get it 18 pts, 8 reb, 6 blk!, 3 ast!, 1 stl.  But as mentioned, the stat that doesn't show up is limiting Patton to only 19 min.  That was a huge part of the game.

If it weren't for Luke's work against Patton, this would have been an easy call for KR.  Maybe next time Katin...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
I'd say Katin being the key in beating both the press and the 1-3-1 was just as important as that, but Luke is a totally fair choice. He was excellent yesterday, and most notable that he did so against the on-paper best center in the league.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »

As Long as we have a SOTG selection after the Game I'm Happy.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:40 AM »
And somewhere in the world, Sand-Knit is off kicking puppies.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:42 AM »
It's gotta be Luke.

That was a dream game out of him.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
And somewhere in the world, Sand-Knit is off kicking puppies.

But without an agenda.  :o
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
Fish and Renhardt. Both were keys to the game.  Double win!