[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: National MU Day "Stripes"  (Read 24371 times)

Bricky

• Starter
  • sparkle sparkle
Re: National MU Day "Stripes"
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
I never claimed to...and yellow only makes it worse  ;)

Or wear another layer over it to the game, and remove the layer during the game. Perhaps a jacket?

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
Come on.  If the Vols can pull this off in a 100,000 seat stadium, we can do some stripes in an 18000 seat arena:

And yes, everyone brought their own shirt to wear.  And yes, Tennessee Orange is exponentially more obnoxious than Marquette Gold.

That's easy for Vols fans.  Hunting clothes or church clothes.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »
That's easy for Vols fans.  Hunting clothes or church clothes.

I grew up in Tennessee,  and I never saw blaze orange hunting gear until I moved to Wisconsin.
Have some patience, FFS.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 08:48:59 AM »
The problem with yellow is that it's an awful color to wear. Adult men look ridiculous in yellow shirts. Yes, that includes old men in yellow sweater vests. Sure, I've collected a few gold t-shirts  that have become workout shirts, but when's the last time you saw a grown man in a nice-looking yellow shirt? I'll be wearing my comfortable gray MU pullover as opposed to throwing on a junky old yellow t-shirt.

What are you talking a out?  Marquette gold is watercolor.  Wear it proudly young man.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 08:49:28 AM »
Why even try this?  They have literally put a gold tshirt on every chair in the past and still couldn't pull off a gold out.

Now they expect it to work with 1) people bringing their own shirt and 2) people knowing what color shirt to bring?  I'm guessing more than 50% of ticket holders don't even know they are doing this.

And to the gold looks bad on me crowd, didn't they also try a baby blue out which went equally as bad?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
I grew up in Tennessee,  and I never saw blaze orange hunting gear until I moved to Wisconsin.

You were too young to have known of the requirements found in TCA-70-4-124
Ludum habemus.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
Newsie and I will be sitting in the mamajuanna section. We can't be bothered with this nonsense.
Do we even know the # the mamajuana section is in?
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »
Looking forward to my free t-shirts.   Don't screw it up, boys. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
Unpinning this, but will BUMP through Sat to keep it on top.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
C'mon, folks!

If you are going to the game, participate in this!  If you don't you're no better than the sweater vests!

If you don't have a shirt in the right color, leave home 15 minutes earlier so you can swing by the Spirit Shop and buy one of their $10 specials.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »
Ugh light blue section... looking forward to trying to squeeze into my unbelievably tight college shirts.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
Ugh light blue section... looking forward to trying to squeeze into my unbelievably tight college shirts.

Chick and I got free ones earlier this year at one of the non-con weeknight games.  So we've got that going for us!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »
C'mon, folks!

If you are going to the game, participate in this!  If you don't you're no better than the sweater vests!

If you don't have a shirt in the right color, leave home 15 minutes earlier so you can swing by the Spirit Shop and buy one of their $10 specials.

I'm driving 4.5 hours to sit in nosebleed seats that cost me a half a car payment on stubhub.    I am going to wear my MU stuff and not worry about the assigned color of my section.    That doesn't make me a bad fan.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
I'm driving 4.5 hours to sit in nosebleed seats that cost me a half a car payment on stubhub.    I am going to wear my MU stuff and not worry about the assigned color of my section.    That doesn't make me a bad fan.   

Shoulda bought them straight from MU when you had the chance/   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »
Didn't know for sure I was going to be off this weekend until 10 days ago.    ;D

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:38 AM »
Didn't know for sure I was going to be off this weekend until 10 days ago.    ;D
You don't have enough options of stuff you already own?  I could dress for any section 3 times over just with free shirts I've gotten over the years, toughest one might be navy if only using free ones actually. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »

But apparently you could have bought them anyway, and if you couldn't go, scalp them for half a car payment.   ;D

But then, I was a Bus Ad major and I think like that....
Have some patience, FFS.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
agreed...zero chance. what a joke that they recommend that fans buy a hideous $10 shirt. Would probably be a failure even if they left free shirts on the seats. I swear our athletic department is incompetent.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
agreed...zero chance. what a joke that they recommend that fans buy a hideous $10 shirt. Would probably be a failure even if they left free shirts on the seats. I swear our athletic department is incompetent.

What should they do instead?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »

You swear everything and everyone associated with MU is incompetent.    The athletic department just needs to grab a number and stand in line. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
You swear everything and everyone associated with MU is incompetent.    The athletic department just needs to grab a number and stand in line. 

Remember that this guy's first post included the following:

"Steve Taylor will be the conference (whatever the new conference is called) player of the year either his junior or senior season."

So his judgement is not the best.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2017, 11:02:27 AM »

Remember that this guy's first post included the following:

"Steve Taylor will be the conference (whatever the new conference is called) player of the year either his junior or senior season."

So his judgement is not the best.

He's holding out hope that Steve's 15 and 12 is good enough for MAC POY.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
I don't think the athletic department is incompetent, I just think this kind of stuff doesn't work well with our fan base.  We're more like herding cats than a single unified pack of cattle.

I think it goes back to the traits of the university itself.  Our tradition is that we don't really have traditions.  We change uniforms, change mascots, change conferences, we rent our stadium, we've torn-down and rebuilt the campus a couple times.  We're more a collection of random people that happened to go to school together and kinda lived nearby.  We don't have a single unifying common experience so everything is more splintered.  There isn't as much of a "Rah Rah State U" sentiment holding us together.  We all just do our own thing, including what we wear to games.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »
I don't think the athletic department is incompetent, I just think this kind of stuff doesn't work well with our fan base.  We're more like herding cats than a single unified pack of cattle.

I think it goes back to the traits of the university itself.  Our tradition is that we don't really have traditions.  We change uniforms, change mascots, change conferences, we rent our stadium, we've torn-down and rebuilt the campus a couple times.  We're more a collection of random people that happened to go to school together and kinda lived nearby.  We don't have a single unifying common experience so everything is more splintered.  There isn't as much of a "Rah Rah State U" sentiment holding us together.  We all just do our own thing, including what we wear to games.

I just think it is more simple.  You have to make it easy.  They should hand out the shirts.

The sweater-vests will sweater-vest it up by refusing to wear a t-shirt over their 1973 era attire, but this would look very impressive in person IF MU provides the shirt.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2017, 11:14:11 AM »
C'mon, folks!

203 in Navy.  Good to go.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback