collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Select Comfort "Sleep Number" Beds  (Read 6075 times)

Stronghold

• All American
Re: Select Comfort "Sleep Number" Beds
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
Don't do Sleep Number....glorified air mattress.

Get a Tempur-Pedic. Top of the line. Literally feels like you are sleeping on a cloud. I went from waking up 2-3 times a night to sleeping through the night consistently.

My thoughts too on the sleep number. Why would you want something you can adjust when you really want to find the ideal support and leave it at that?  I had one that was only a full sized bed so I didn't have the problem of feeling like it was 2 mattresses pushed together, but I think memory foam is way more comfortable.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »
i guess the H2O beds have gone the way of the heavy chevy vans with the fuzzy walls and black lights.  nothing like hangin' ten on one those bad boys with a closin' time special-heyOOOOOOOOh!
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 10:12:28 PM »
Marriott sells its mattresses (unused, thank you) at their online  store. Can even use points to buy them. They even put them on sale occasionally. My wife and I really like their mattresses and have said that when we're in the market again, we will at least consider them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »
Alright, LXXXII and da Mrs. gettin' kinky, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
Tried the new 360 Bed on the new FlexFit... niiiice! I actually LOVE the foot warming feature!!! And to have the bed sense & do insteAd of me clicking something or plugging something in... good user experience

BTW, the beds have changed quite a bit over the past several years...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »
My thoughts too on the sleep number. Why would you want something you can adjust when you really want to find the ideal support and leave it at that?  I had one that was only a full sized bed so I didn't have the problem of feeling like it was 2 mattresses pushed together, but I think memory foam is way more comfortable.

Memory foam won't work for me... I sleep side, back and/or stomach depending on how my body feels at night - sometimes all three.  MF wouldn't be so bad if you sleep in the same position all the time, but I need a certain firmness, which with memory foam only comes in the variety that retains its shape much better meaning going from one direction to another makes it feel like I'm sleeping on a speed bump until the foam adjusts.

Right now, we have a king Serta/Vera Wang pillowtop mattress that's been through three pregnancies... over time, the pillow top has compressed on our respective sides, so there's a ridge in the middle that's just as distinct, if not more so, as the SN bed, so that didn't really seem like a negative when we tried it out.  I suppose if you're sleeping in a double or queen, it's going to be more troublesome.  Maybe it also has something to do with our numbers being 5 points apart... not really sure.

We also have an Aerobed in our guestroom upstairs for overflow purposes... maybe my wife and I were trying out different beds than all y'all, but it didn't seem anything like sleeping on an air mattress.

My one concern is that it holds up like the company says it will.  The conventional mattresses we looked at recently are advertised with 15-25 year warranties, yet the same company tells you to change your mattress every 6-7 years.  Our mattress is going on 8 years now... to say we've tolerated it for the last 5 because we couldn't bring ourselves to replacing it after 3 (when the pillowtop started becoming noticeably compressed), let alone 6-7, is an understatement.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
My brother and his wife like their Sleep#, my parents tried one and returned it because they "couldn't even find an acceptable number.

We have been satisfied with a Stearns & Foster pillowtop for at least 10 years now.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »
Memory foam won't work for me... I sleep side, back and/or stomach depending on how my body feels at night - sometimes all three.  MF wouldn't be so bad if you sleep in the same position all the time, but I need a certain firmness, which with memory foam only comes in the variety that retains its shape much better meaning going from one direction to another makes it feel like I'm sleeping on a speed bump until the foam adjusts.

Right now, we have a king Serta/Vera Wang pillowtop mattress that's been through three pregnancies... over time, the pillow top has compressed on our respective sides, so there's a ridge in the middle that's just as distinct, if not more so, as the SN bed, so that didn't really seem like a negative when we tried it out.  I suppose if you're sleeping in a double or queen, it's going to be more troublesome.  Maybe it also has something to do with our numbers being 5 points apart... not really sure.

We also have an Aerobed in our guestroom upstairs for overflow purposes... maybe my wife and I were trying out different beds than all y'all, but it didn't seem anything like sleeping on an air mattress.

My one concern is that it holds up like the company says it will.  The conventional mattresses we looked at recently are advertised with 15-25 year warranties, yet the same company tells you to change your mattress every 6-7 years.  Our mattress is going on 8 years now... to say we've tolerated it for the last 5 because we couldn't bring ourselves to replacing it after 3 (when the pillowtop started becoming noticeably compressed), let alone 6-7, is an understatement.

I hear you with the pillowtop. Our old mattress was a pillowtop and it drove us crazy after 3 or 4 years. We got a tempur-pedic with no pillowtop and bought a pillowtop mattress cover which we replace every year or two. It works out well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »
Alright, LXXXII and da Mrs. gettin' kinky, hey?

Well, we do make sexy time every once in a blue moon, if that's how you define "kinky."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »

Whoa. What do you do with the mattress offspring?