Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SMU transfer Harry Froling picks Marquette  (Read 18415 times)

KampusFoods

• All American
Re: SMU transfer Harry Froling picks Marquette
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »
And if "things don't work out" it will likely be because Wojo keeps bringing in higher level talent.  See: Levin, Cohen, Carter.

Speaking of Carter, shouldn't he have made his transfer decision by now? I haven't seen anything.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »
Wow, how quickly this thread digressed progressed to Elle Mcpherson. 

FIFY
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
Now we have a pure freshman point guard that is higher level then anyone I've watched since who. . . Aaron Hutchins? Diener?

What about Dominic James?  At this point in career, pretty similar trajectory--DJ was the Big East Rookie of the Year.  There was a lot of talk of him going into the draft after that freshman year, wasn't there?

Now, this isn't to say that Markus Howard won't end up being better than DJ long-term.  Especially being only 17, seems the ceiling is very high.  But right now, they seem to be on fairly equal footing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
James was nowhere near this good offensively.  Better defender though.  (But Markus is better than I thought he would be.)

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
And if "things don't work out" it will likely be because Wojo keeps bringing in higher level talent.  See: Levin, Cohen, Carter.

The Levin one never made much sense to me. Did he really see Henry as his competition? There was clearly playing time and need for some size in the 4-5 position - especially after Henry. Cohen and Carter were at least behind 2 people. Levin would've been starting as a Junior and would have gotten plenty of playing time as a sophomore between Luke-Henry subbing off/moving around.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:22:57 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
The Levin one never made much sense to me. Did he really see Henry as his competition? There was clearly playing time and need for some size in the 4-5 position - especially after Henry. Cohen and Carter were at least behind 2 people. Levin would've been starting as a Junior and would have gotten plenty of playing time as a sophomore between Luke-Henry subbing off/moving around.

How many white kids out of Rice Lake go 1 and done? I think Kevin Love is the only white player to go one and done from college in the lottery ever. Might have only been the only one to go one and done period before Henry. As much as the staff assured Levin, Washington, Nichols, etc that Henry was going to end up leaving after his freshmen year, there were doubts.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.