Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Does MU Get a Mid-Season Transfer?  (Read 2244 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Does MU Get a Mid-Season Transfer?
« on: December 15, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
With Traci and The Chief gone, and Wally's spot never filled, we have three open scholarships.

Does Wojo get a mid-season transfer?

Thoughts?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Does MU Get a Mid-Season Transfer?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:45:44 PM »
I think only one of those can be used on a mid season transfer.  And I hope the answer is yes.

I also hope we nab a grad transfer and traditional transfer in the offseason. Red shirting is a good way to keep your scholarships full while also not alienating players enough to transfer, like what has happen 2x already this year. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 03:58:16 PM »
Can someone explain how the transfer thing works on the receiving end?
Can MU advertise for a player. How to players find out what's available. Can Wojo and his staff recruit in any way?
Do Jucos play a part mid-season?
I remember Buzz calling Fischer "Manna from Heaven" implying no idea or influence on MU's part...Fischer just appeared. Is that hw it goes?

And also Wojo doesn't seem like the type to look for this ... he seems like he wouldn't care to get too many transfers, juco's, non-4-year types. HE was an outlier.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
Can someone explain how the transfer thing works on the receiving end?
Can MU advertise for a player. How to players find out what's available. Can Wojo and his staff recruit in any way?
Do Jucos play a part mid-season?
I remember Buzz calling Fischer "Manna from Heaven" implying no idea or influence on MU's part...Fischer just appeared. Is that hw it goes?

And also Wojo doesn't seem like the type to look for this ... he seems like he wouldn't care to get too many transfers, juco's, non-4-year types. HE was an outlier.

Officially, once granted a release, schools are allowed to reach out to the player or intermediaries. If this isn't exactly right I'm sure Jay Bee can correct, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works by the books.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »

Really? Wojo has had 3 one and dones in 3 years and has gone after several others. Marquette had 1 in its entire history before then (T Lockett).

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:46:21 PM »
Really? Wojo has had 3 one and dones in 3 years and has gone after several others. Marquette had 1 in its entire history before then (T Lockett).

If Marquette recruiting McDonald's All-Americans is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

As far as the other two, that's what happens when you are left with a complete talent deficit and need productive, experienced players because the old coach didn't leave any behind ;)

Also...Buzz went after a ton of one-and-dones, he just never landed them.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
Why would any student-athlete transfer into an imploding program?

Hiroshima.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »
Honestly, I hope not.   Wait until the end of the year, grab another grad transfer, find another guard.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
To the question, I wouldn't mind a mid-season transfer if it's a PF. Here's the roster for next year:

5: Heldt (Jr), Eke (Fr)
4: Hauser (So), John (Fr)
3: Anim (RS So), Cain (Fr)
2: Wilson (RS Sr), Cheatham (Jr)
1: Rowsey (RS Sr), Howard (So)

I'm fine with that backcourt, it has quality and experience, but we could really use someone with bulk that can play the 4/5. Especially if it allowed Hauser to play the 3. Adding a mid-season guy would also allow the freshmen to play early in the year, then give the new guy a few games to acclimate himself for being available for conference play.

feedback