[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamil Wilson & Nick Williams Video  (Read 2182 times)

SportsBubbler

• Walk-On
Jamil Wilson & Nick Williams Video
« on: December 31, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
There are new video highlights and interviews from the WBY Shootout up on SportsBubbler.com

They can be accessed on the Marquette page.

Highlights and interview with Jamil Wilson & Nick Williams

Highlights of Marquis Mason & Jordiare Jett

SportsBubbler.com

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Jamil Wilson & Nick Williams Video
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
It was a good interview with Nick. Well-mannered youngster.

But Jamil's demeanor surprised me a bit. He seems like an equally outstanding recruit for MU!

There's something (positive) to be said about kids who can hold their own in an interview.
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »
It was a good interview with Nick. Well-mannered youngster.

But Jamil's demeanor surprised me a bit. He seems like an equally outstanding recruit for MU!

There's something (positive) to be said about kids who can hold their own in an interview.
I agree about Nick...I love that he uses "Yes sir, no sir" (maybe something more common in the south?  I'm not sure) and when the interviewer told him they shared a birthday he said "Great surprise"...sounds like a nice kid.

I've heard great things about Jamil as a person.  I heard he is very humble and extremely nice.  I played volleyball against him last year and their team was a group of headcases, but he was not one himself.  I thought it was funny in his interview, it seems like he is kind of shy in front of the camera.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
Good video on LeFlore's DeMarcus Cousins.  Looks like an athlete.

jage

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
demarcus cousins was a stud for leflore. looked better than nick williams. he's a five-star center in the class of 09 (according to scout.com). curious as to why we're not pursuing him. it may be too late, but it wouldn't hurt to make a push for him. jamil wilson might be a tough get for marquette, but would be TC's highest touted signee coming out of high school.
You know what pressure is? It's when the cheerleaders are jumping and you don't notice their breasts. - Al McGuire

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »
Cousins plan is to go to a school close to home where he doesn't have to really go to class and then can make a jump to the NBA after putting up big numbers.  I would not want him even if we were recruiting. From what I saw in person, very cocky and was jawing with refs, opposing players, and even his coach from time to time. Not the type of attitude I want on the team.  Williams on the other hand, was not very vocal on the court but you could see him pointing out where his teammates should move the ball and did well when he received it.  Also, from his interview, you can see how level headed he appears to be and pretty humble as well. Knows what he can do and lets that do the talking for him as opposed to jawing and hyping himself up.  Will be a lot like Wesley I believe when he plays a more guard oriented role and will carry himself similarly as well.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »
demarcus cousins was a stud for leflore. looked better than nick williams. he's a five-star center in the class of 09 (according to scout.com). curious as to why we're not pursuing him. it may be too late, but it wouldn't hurt to make a push for him. jamil wilson might be a tough get for marquette, but would be TC's highest touted signee coming out of high school.

Looked better?  Not in the games in Milwaukee.  He was slow, lazy, didn't play defense, didn't run the floor, got pushed around by guys that were 6 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter, and he whined constantly.  With his skillset and size he should have dominated teams like Pius and Vincent, and he didn't.  Williams was the much more impressive of the 2.

And, MU has pursued him since he started going to school with NW.  But he's not looking at schools in the north, and given his issues in the past, he probably wouldn't get into or stay eligible at MU.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:39:08 PM »
I am also very happy that Cousins isn't really high on MU he doesn't seem like our type of player, however Jamil Wilson really does but if I had to guess I would say he is going to be lured out of state.
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »
If we do not land Wilson, I personally would hope he goes out of state. Madison is a terrible fit for him and I hate when they get top WI recruits that don't fit their system just because they're the big state school.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
agreed. but on that note I would really hate to see Evan Anderson come to MU because from the sounds of things he sounds like a tall slow player and thats really not our style
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***