'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfers?  (Read 6446 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: Transfers?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »
Would someone please tell me, as generally and non-accusatorilly as possible, just exactly what happened with Mortensen? The whole situation was always clouded in mystery and I'm curious as to what the story was.

I don't think anybody knows, but there seems to be an inordinate number of posters who like to speculate and then include an  ;) emoticon. Same thing with Amoroso.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
could you guys imagine what that final four team would've been like if ODB (odarty blankson) hadn't transferred!? whooowee! ...i'm a dreamer, what can i say.

We would have made the final 4 and then lost to Kansas 86 - 72 vs, 94 -61

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 12:36:52 PM »
Would someone please tell me, as generally and non-accusatorilly as possible, just exactly what happened with Mortensen? The whole situation was always clouded in mystery and I'm curious as to what the story was.

I don't think anybody knows, but there seems to be an inordinate number of posters who like to speculate and then include an  ;) emoticon. Same thing with Amoroso.

That's my point. If someone knows what was alleged, just say so. There's nothing wrong with saying what the "allegations" were, its only improper to state something as fact when there is no support to it. So it would be totally appropriate for someone to share what the allegations or rumors were about Mortensen?
We Are Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 12:50:35 PM »

That's my point. If someone knows what was alleged, just say so. There's nothing wrong with saying what the "allegations" were, its only improper to state something as fact when there is no support to it. So it would be totally appropriate for someone to share what the allegations or rumors were about Mortensen?

The only things that can get you banned by the NCAA in the way Mortensen was are performance enhancing drugs and gambling on games in which your team played....and the rumors were that Mortensen was involved with both. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »

The only things that can get you banned by the NCAA in the way Mortensen was are performance enhancing drugs and gambling on games in which your team played....and the rumors were that Mortensen was involved with both. 

A student-athlete can be banned for betting on just about any sporting contest, not just those involving his own team. The NCAA prohibits athletes from gambling on any sporting event, pro or college, in which there is a corresponding NCAA sport, including the NCAA Tournament (i.e. bracket contests are a no-no). Playing the ponies is OK, it seems.
The punishment is loss of at least one-year eligibility for a first-time offense and a permanent loss of eligibility for a second offense.

It's possible that the reason no one's heard from Mortensen since is that he went on his two-year Mormon mission after getting bounced from Marquette.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »
well that would explain how he had an upperclassmen's physique as a freshman.  Ammo went out for the same reasons I believe. He was at home over one winter break because of gambling, I know that.

feedback