Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crunch Time Lineup  (Read 677 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Crunch Time Lineup
« on: November 12, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »
I don't care who starts on this team (we are deep and versatile), but I do care who finishes close games.

My thoughts are Carter, Jajuannaman, Cheatham, Hauser, Fischer.

That gives you a true point, a true center, three deep threats, 3 creators off the bounce, and all excellent passers at their respective positions.

Carter seems to have turned a corner both in terms of reigning in the TO's and polishing the jumper, while also hounding the opposing PG.

Johnshon & Cheatham are obvious, but their ability to score in almost any manner from the wing and length if a steal is needed will be crucial.

Hauser looks like he'll never make a dumb play in his career, but he's also not afraid to put up the shot when it's there. He seems mature beyond his years and I'd trust him over the 5th year senior Reinhardt already.

Luke can get a bucket if you dump it to him down low or off the tip in from a miss, is a solid FT shooter, and obviously our best rim protector.

That mix of talent/sum of the parts is one of the best (on balance) since any MU team I've followed. This is gonna be a highly entertaining year.

tower912

• All American
Re: Crunch Time Lineup
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
That is the question.    There is going to be a lot of subbing, a lot of different combinations.     I think the crunch time line up  will look like this:
PG:   Whoever the hot hand is this game.   With a lead, I really want Rowsey and his 90% ft shooting on the floor.   
2/3/4:   Whoever is playing best among DW, KR, JjJ, and HC
5: Luke, unless he has fouled out. 

I like what I have seen out of Hauser in two games.   I truly do.     Unless we need to hit a 3 late to tie, I am not ready to put him in the crunch time line up.    Not when the other 4 options at 2-3-4 are available. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback