Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Guess who made my kids high school weekly letter from the Principal?  (Read 1230 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

This video is another example of a school honoring veterans. In this video, Virginia Tech Basketball Coach Buzz Williams takes time out of his practice to offer a lesson to his players that they will be able to take with them through every National Anthem before every game they play. We see, all around us, the sacrifices our fellow citizens have made for us, and we honor each and every one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRJvl2TkNk

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Guess who made my kids high school weekly letter from the Principal?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:21:44 PM »
I came across a Steve Rushin mention in Connecticut Magazine this morning too.

http://www.connecticutmag.com/Blog/Arts-Entertainment/November-2016/Jane-Pauley-Rebecca-Lobo-Connecticut-Womens-Hall-of-Famers/

Jane Pauley & Rebecca Lobo: Connecticut Women's Hall-of-Famers
BY MARYELLEN FILLO

You have a very public marriage thanks to the combined celebrity of you and your husband, author and sports writer Steve Rushin. What’s the secret to your success?

The secret to our success? That’s funny. I sure wasn’t thinking about that recently standing in the middle of a food court in a crowded Cape Cod mall on a rainy day while my youngest child threw an epic tantrum. We have the same challenges that every family has. Our four children — ages 5, 7, 10, 11 — bring out the best and the worst in us, just like every kid brings that out in their parents as they push for more independence. We just hope to raise them with a strong faith and sense of what is right and wrong. Hopefully they choose right most of the time.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
Re: Guess who made my kids high school weekly letter from the Principal?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
"Hopefully they choose right most of the time."

That's excellent.

feedback