Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Salute to Service  (Read 1635 times)

tower912

• All American
Marquette Salute to Service
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
I see that MU will be giving free tix to active duty soldiers, veterans, and first responders for next Monday's game against Howard.   Nice move.   I don't know how many it will get to the game that weren't already going (Alan!), but a nice move nonetheless.   Shame about that pesky 4 hour drive.  When I am supposed to be coaching my son's 4th grade team.    Alas.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Marquette Salute to Service
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
Safe to say I'll be there, but I was going to be there anyway.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:40:43 PM »
Will you go in gear and let yourself and your service be recognized?    That is something I always struggle with.    I have dodged out of it a few times by showing up not in gear and applauding others, simply because I am not comfortable in that kind of spotlight.     Actually got yelled at a couple of years ago on opening day of little league because I chose to stay with and try to keep my team under control (7 year olds) rather than go up and have my service acknowledged.   Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
I generally prefer not to have that recognized. If Marquette asked me to be part of a display I'd do it, but I won't be in uniform just for the sake of it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
Will you go in gear and let yourself and your service be recognized?    That is something I always struggle with.    I have dodged out of it a few times by showing up not in gear and applauding others, simply because I am not comfortable in that kind of spotlight.     Actually got yelled at a couple of years ago on opening day of little league because I chose to stay with and try to keep my team under control (7 year olds) rather than go up and have my service acknowledged.   Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Would a "Scoop Slap of Five" do?  God Bless!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »
  if marquette really wanted to honor and recognize our military and first responders, they'd open the doors to them for a real game-wisconsin, villanova, michigan, etc.  front rows, on the floor!  not a game they just want to fill some seats with...oh, and bring your own sweater vest?  nice
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »
  if marquette really wanted to honor and recognize our military and first responders, they'd open the doors to them for a real game-wisconsin, villanova, michigan, etc.  front rows, on the floor!  not a game they just want to fill some seats with...oh, and bring your own sweater vest?  nice

You realize Michigan isn't a home game right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »

Complaining about this is silly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »
I generally prefer not to have that recognized. If Marquette asked me to be part of a display I'd do it, but I won't be in uniform just for the sake of it.

Thanks to you  and all the other "warriors" for your service. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »

::)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
You realize Michigan isn't a home game right?

i meant providing transportation and tickets to and from the game  :D 

umm, sorry 'bout that one and thanks for pointing it out.

as usual, i'm always in awe of our veterans as they have my full respect-thanks 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »
Complaining about this is silly.

it might have come across as complaining, but i'm really not -just saying.   actually, i don't really care how MU tries to honor our vets.  i think they deserve more than a silly meaningless basketball game

feedback