collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Glass Ceiling has been smashed!  (Read 30975 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Glass Ceiling has been smashed!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 01:21:42 AM »
lol, Podesta right now. What a fruitcake

For all the crap we give Millenials, i have to give them credit.... it was clear on their faces leaving Javits that they saw through Podesta's BS and just wanted to be told the truth.

Maybe there's hope for this country's future yet.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 02:24:20 AM »
Never will I ever set foot in or spend money in any state who voted for Donald Trump. I am so disgusted with the USA. That's not my country anymore, he's not my president.

I didn't want Trump but my god man, suck it up.   This is a democracy you're not always going to get what you want.   Four or eight years is a very short time in the grand scheme of history.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:28:18 AM »
How the hell can all of you be okay with this? Oh right, cause you're all straight, white males who are so selfish that can't see the bigger picture that Trump ran a campaign of hate. Absolutely embarrassing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:06:34 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:36 AM »
How the hell can all of you be okay with this? Oh right, cause you're all straight, white males who are so selfish that can't be the bigger picture that Trump ran a campaign of hate. Absolutely embarrassing.

That's an awfully broad brush to paint with. 

Just an observation...the press called out Hillary voters as educated voters.  Their clear implication was that everyone else was just uneducated.  Really? 

One other observation, traveling through Wisconsin last weekend, literally, 9 out of ten yard signs were for Trump.  I didn't expect that.

By the way, I was for none of the above.  It was kinda like Bucky v ND.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:45 AM »
I think people were really ready to move past the Clinton-Bush era.    I'm not sure who Hillary Clinton would have beaten...David Duke maybe.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 04:39:59 AM »
How can you look your daughters, wives and sisters in the eyes and say you didn't do everything you possibly could to make sure a man who promotes sexual assault and body shaming doesn't get elected?

How can you look into the eyes of friends who are black, Hispanic, or Muslim and say the same thing?

How can you look into the eyes of friends who have disabled children or relatives?

I could never live with myself, and I really hope a lot of you feel squirmy about it because if you don't, than that is a sad state of affairs of America.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:10 AM »
When people want change and you nominate an unpopular political elite, this is going to happen.  She was a bad candidate.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 05:07:40 AM »
2016 - Back to the future II without the hover-boards -- come on the hover-boards were the best part.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:44 AM »
Unfortunately, this race had huge racial undertones too.   A lot of the poor white Mississippi river towns in Iowa and Wisconsin went Trump and republican.   This was  a winning night for many establishment republicans too. 

I think the elites and liberals got the race war they had been pushing for the past 3-4 years by backing the black criminal as martyrs and blaming white people when they were killed, when really many of them were just bad people.      Voters decided to say white lives matter too, even though the media and president wouldn't.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »
The Dems biggest mistake: Hillary became the 2016 nominee in 2008 the night Obama was elected.

8 years of scrutiny exposed her flaws.  Dems would have been better off letting a late bloomer on the ballot.  In hindsight, Sanders may have been a stronger candidate.  But the Clinton shadow shutdown most Dems from even considering a run.  Who knows what prospects sat on the sidelines.

As for the future of our country, we'll see.  Bush II sparked a lot of moving to Canada rhetoric.  People stayed.  As for policy decisions, well, my wife referred to Paul Ryan as the Secret President this morning.  I think she may be right.  Policy will be shaped by the House.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 07:02:17 AM »
How can you look your daughters, wives and sisters in the eyes and say you didn't do everything you possibly could to make sure a man who promotes sexual assault and body shaming doesn't get elected?

How can you look into the eyes of friends who are black, Hispanic, or Muslim and say the same thing?

How can you look into the eyes of friends who have disabled children or relatives?

I could never live with myself, and I really hope a lot of you feel squirmy about it because if you don't, than that is a sad state of affairs of America.

I would ask them why didn't the female vote, Latino vote and black vote carry for HC like it should have?

HC lost sizable margins in those demographics, which is 75% of thr reason why she lost.

People like you screaming 'what about these people!?'are ridiculously off base. They didn't support HC as much as BO, that's not everyone's issue if they didn't make it an issue either.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 07:09:12 AM »
I would ask them why didn't the female vote, Latino vote and black vote carry for HC like it should have?

HC lost sizable margins in those demographics, which is 75% of thr reason why she lost.

People like you screaming 'what about these people!?'are ridiculously off base. They didn't support HC as much as BO, that's not everyone's issue if they didn't make it an issue either.

Then I obviously live in the wrong country. Im tired and embarassed. I didnt go to class today because I didnt want people to hear my accent. Im done with the US, just done. This was just the final straw.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 07:15:23 AM »
Then I obviously live in the wrong country. Im tired and embarassed. I didnt go to class today because I didnt want people to hear my accent. Im done with the US, just done. This was just the final straw.

Instead of attacking those that voted Trump, you should be more disappointed in the Democratic party and their campaign.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 07:20:22 AM »

You realize, many people felt the same way when Obama was elected.

We all survived.

If you don't like it, vote him out in four years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »
Instead of attacking those that voted Trump, you should be more disappointed in the Democratic party and their campaign.

This.  I would have voted for Bernie if he were on the ticket, but instead I voted 3rd party rather than pull the lever for one of  the clowns on the top of the ticket.

You can lay the blame for Trump's election right at the feet of the DNC, which actively sabotaged Sanders' campaign.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 08:01:34 AM »
2016 is to 1980 like...

Trump is to Reagan like...

Brexit is to Thatcher....

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »

This reminded me of one of the most underrated threads on Scoop

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43312.0

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 08:07:45 AM »

First time voter, eh?  Or just a whiny, entitled, misguided Millennial?

Chitown, you may not like it, but here's a nice little tidbit for you.... it doesn't matter.  Keep telling yourself that.  It doesn't matter.   Neither Donald nor Hillary give two shiites about you.  They played you like they did. They told you what you wanted to hear.  If they had a box of trophies, you would have received one.  But the reality is they only wanted your vote, and then it's back to business this morning.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 08:08:07 AM »
Da system's, da system. Hillary shoulda worked ta change it over her 30 years in politics. Da reel question is whether or not dems will except the election results, hey?
True, but is the system actually democracy?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:35 AM »
I saw this posted as a comment in a Deadspin thread (believe it or not), and I think it sums things up pretty well about why Hillary didn't win:

When Clinton talked about unity and “we can be dreamers and doers” after defeating Bernie Sanders, I laughed.

How can this be unity when you labeled people voting against you as “Rebel”?

How can this be unity when you dismissed Independent voters in many states? (For example, New York’s voter registration is before 1st debate)

How can this be unity when you labeled Hispanics as “the most brand loyal consumers in the World”?

How can this be unity when you labeled millennials as “living in their parents’ basement”?

How can this be unity when you always talked behind closed doors?

How can this be unity when DNC already favored Clinton?

How can this be unity when you never willing to listen our concerns?

HOW CAN THIS BE UNITY?

We lost Pennsylvania! A blue state since 1988!

We lost both Senate and House again!

Wake up, people.

It is your goddamn arrogance that killed you in the end.

You have no one to blame but yourself, YOU DAMN ARROGANCE.

Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:19 AM »
First time voter, eh?  Or just a whiny, entitled, misguided Millennial?

Chitown, you may not like it, but here's a nice little tidbit for you.... it doesn't matter.  Keep telling yourself that.  It doesn't matter.   Neither Donald nor Hillary give two shiites about you.  They played you like they did. They told you what you wanted to hear.  If they had a box of trophies, you would have received one.  But the reality is they only wanted your vote, and then it's back to business this morning.

Yeah it's kinda cute when young people haven't yet been fully jaded by life.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »
True, but is the system actually democracy?

Actually, no.  Our country was not designed to be a democracy.  It is a representative republic.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »

Ax Bubba how dat cigar he shoved up Monica's poosay tasted, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »
I saw this posted as a comment in a Deadspin thread (believe it or not), and I think it sums things up pretty well about why Hillary didn't win:

I agree with this completely.

I will also say that dismissing people as "deplorables," when many of those people voted for her husband, was ridiculously dismissive.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »

I agree with this completely.

I will also say that dismissing people as "deplorables," when many of those people voted for her husband, was ridiculously dismissive.

And I don't know why people were so shocked that the polls were so wrong.  Who is going to admit that they are going to vote for Trump, even as the lesser of two evils, when you are immediately going to be labeled an ignorant bigot?
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback