[June 07, 2024, 09:53:13 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin Athletes Decry Campus Racism  (Read 17408 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Wisconsin Athletes Decry Campus Racism
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
His "traditional" comment has been litigated on here endlessly.  In typical Chicos fashion, he tried after the fact to claim he meant something else.  Perhaps that would have worked if there wasn't already a body of evidence around his thoughts.  Appears others saw it too.

What he meant to say is that he prefers gritty, high-motor kids who are always the last to leave the gym and beat you with their toughness and high basketball IQs. You know, the coach's son, gym rat, lunch pail types who play with a lot of heart, respect the game and get the most out of their limited yet sneaky athleticism.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
What he meant to say is that he prefers gritty, high-motor kids who are always the last to leave the gym and beat you with their toughness and high basketball IQs. You know, the coach's son, gym rat, lunch pail types who play with a lot of heart, respect the game and get the most out of their limited yet sneaky athleticism.

Perfect. 

And like Jordy Nelson, they are unexpectedly fast.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 07:55:37 AM »
It's not a free speech or Constitutional issue. You have no Constitutional right to football tickets.

Except in Texas.  State constitution mandates presence at local high school football games there.  That's the only logical explanation I can figure. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Badgerhoney

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »
When has UW asserted they were different?

Honestly, we have done it for as long as I can remember. We are somehow superior morally.  We are not.  The city is overwhelming white. As fans, I have witnessed our fans attack other players, including Marquette's, with implied tinged comments about tattoos, what their hair looks like, whether they are from the inner city or not. We believe our stuff doesn't stink, but we act differently. This town can ooze dishonesty and fraudulent insincerity.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 09:10:09 AM »
It's not a free speech or Constitutional issue. You have no Constitutional right to football tickets.

But you do have a constitutional right to not be discriminated against commercially by a governmental entity due to your exercise of a First Amendment right.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 09:14:57 AM »
But you do have a constitutional right to not be discriminated against commercially by a governmental entity due to your exercise of a First Amendment right.

No, you don't.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »
Honestly, we have done it for as long as I can remember. We are somehow superior morally.  We are not.  The city is overwhelming white. As fans, I have witnessed our fans attack other players, including Marquette's, with implied tinged comments about tattoos, what their hair looks like, whether they are from the inner city or not. We believe our stuff doesn't stink, but we act differently. This town can ooze dishonesty and fraudulent insincerity.

OK, now I know you're Chicos
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »

Chicos, I am talking about the University specifically. 

Badgerhoney

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »

Not sure what this means, but houstonwarrior a month or two back tried to explain it.  Try living in Madison as a man or woman of color, which is what Nigel is saying.  He is right.   What is not to understand?   The call out is the city believes it is a progressive beacon, when it really is a progressive ivory tower.   If you are a person of color and live here, you would know what I say is true.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »
Not sure what this means, but houstonwarrior a month or two back tried to explain it.  Try living in Madison as a man or woman of color, which is what Nigel is saying.  He is right.   What is not to understand?   The call out is the city believes it is a progressive beacon, when it really is a progressive ivory tower.   If you are a person of color and live here, you would know what I say is true.

Chicos, pretending to be a black man to try and gain high ground in an argument is sick, even for you.

brandx

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 10:47:41 AM »
Wait a second, [checks phone]... it isn't April 1st. 

Racism in Madison? Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Just a silly comment. What does the progressive nature of Madison even have to do with this? His comment was about the UW student base.

And the simple fact is that the majority of UW students are either from out-of-state or from cities and towns where there is little to no diversity.

(Yes, Benny, I understand sarcasm.) My comment is for the people reading your comment.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:49:25 AM by brandx »

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »

Wouldn't Chicos have mentioned which famous person he was hanging out with while he witnessed these attacks?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2016, 11:28:17 AM »
Wouldn't Chicos have mentioned which famous person he was hanging out with while he witnessed these attacks?

Maybe badgerhoney is one Chico's many minority friends he's told us about over the years who agree with him about everything.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »
Why are the mods even allowing this... page clicks perhaps?  Maybe Spiral is Chicos... you never see them in the same place at the same time.  In fact, you never see Spiral at all when Chicos and his Alta are posting.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2016, 10:12:24 AM »
  "And the simple fact is that the majority of UW students are either from out-of-state or from cities and towns where there is little to no diversity."

is that a fact? majority?  source please...how does one quantify diversity?  numbers of minorities?  whether or not it is taught in the community k-12?  who says what is diverse?  diversity police?

i mean this is silly.  everyone knows madison is the berkley of the midwest.  half of our comments are in faux disbelief this could even be occurring in madison.  as noted by the gasping in the background.  hard to say otherwise.  most major cities with major universities and state capitals, county seats are usually liberal because of all the gubmint employees and university "brainiacs"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:23:11 AM by rocket surgeon »
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
Nigel is now standing behind his teammates during the National Anthem in protest.  Some message he's sending to his teammates.  What else will this guy protest in the last few months of his college career?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »
Nigel is now standing behind his teammates during the National Anthem in protest.  Some message he's sending to his teammates.  What else will this guy protest in the last few months of his college career?

oh, so that's what they mean by leading from behind  ?-(

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 12:36:47 AM »
It is a shame that people use the term racist the way they do today.  Someone doesn't agree with the President, they are racist.  Someone believes in lawfully enforcing our borders, they are a racist.  This word has meaning, and based on how it is used in society and here, people don't seem to know what the meaning is. 

Everyone should just relax, roll a joint and enjoy life's goodness man.

Pakuniman, do you have any minority friends?  I do, and most of them think the way I do.  Isn't that natural?  People tend to be with other people that are like minded, have similar interests.  That also extends to my female friends, minority friends.  My friend Erik, a black dude, voted for the winner on Tuesday night and proudly had da winner's signs in his yard the last 6 months.

Rocketdoctor, you make laugh. 

Xbrand, is there data man to support your claim that most students from UW are from out of state or from cities and towns with no diversity?  Madison itself has almost no diversity, if the definition of diversity is based solely on race.  Which it shouldn't be, but we love to label people in this country.

Badgerhun, why you here?

Nigel Hayes, is not smart.  Is that racist that I made that comment?  It is a true statement, but my suspicion is that some will say it is a racist statement only because of who he is.  Society is kinds of crazy these days.

Benjamin B Buttons, haiku me!

brandx

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »

Xbrand, is there data man to support your claim that most students from UW are from out of state or from cities and towns with no diversity?  Madison itself has almost no diversity, if the definition of diversity is based solely on race.  Which it shouldn't be, but we love to label people in this country.

My claim is based on my belief that more than 13% of the UW student base is from rural areas of Wisconsin. Is that easier to understand? Does it sound like some wild statement? Rural wisconsin is not diverse racially.

As far as what is racism? When a white student dresses as a black man with a noose around his neck? That symbol is the very essence of racism. But to millions in this country (and many here), Nigel is just being too sensitive.

I have never, ever said that someone disagreeing with our president is a racist. I HAVE said that someone who denies the legitimacy of a black president is racist. I have never said that someone wanting border security is racist. I HAVE said that someone who calls Mexicans rapists and drug dealers and refers to them only as stereotypes - as a blanket statement - is racist. When someone says that the ONLY reason a judge cannot be impartial is because he is Mexican, that is a racist statement.

I am not breaking any new ground here on definitions.

brandx

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2016, 08:16:26 AM »

Pakuniman, do you have any minority friends?  I do, and most of them think the way I do.  Isn't that natural?  People tend to be with other people that are like minded, have similar interests.  That also extends to my female friends, minority friends.  My friend Erik, a black dude, voted for the winner on Tuesday night and proudly had da winner's signs in his yard the last 6 months.

Nigel Hayes, is not smart.  Is that racist that I made that comment?  It is a true statement, but my suspicion is that some will say it is a racist statement only because of who he is.  Society is kinds of crazy these days.

I wonder if we got pretend "Erik" on a pretend phone and asked if he knew chicas ........

Nigel Hayes is stupid? That statement itself is the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity. And probably, yes, racism. Your reason? Who knows? You haven't produced his transcript, so there is no proof. All we are left with is your word. Not much value there.

Why is he not smart? You say it is a fact. Apparently for one simple reason. He doesn't think like you. He has the uppityness to think that he can attend a football game without having to see the mockery of a black man with a noose around his neck, where the deepest wounds of his race are not mocked.. He has the stupidity to think that we can be better that what we are. That we can achieve a society where we really are equal. A society where life can be better than it is now.

To you, that represents stupidy. To me? It merely represents the American Dream.

No, this is a very smart young man. Willing to risk tons of abuse from white fans like you who call him stupid and think he is arrogant for not knowing his place.

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2016, 12:16:34 PM »
I wonder if we got pretend "Erik" on a pretend phone and asked if he knew chicas ........

Nigel Hayes is stupid? That statement itself is the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity. And probably, yes, racism. Your reason? Who knows? You haven't produced his transcript, so there is no proof. All we are left with is your word. Not much value there.

Why is he not smart? You say it is a fact. Apparently for one simple reason. He doesn't think like you. He has the uppityness to think that he can attend a football game without having to see the mockery of a black man with a noose around his neck, where the deepest wounds of his race are not mocked.. He has the stupidity to think that we can be better that what we are. That we can achieve a society where we really are equal. A society where life can be better than it is now.

To you, that represents stupidy. To me? It merely represents the American Dream.

No, this is a very smart young man. Willing to risk tons of abuse from white fans like you who call him stupid and think he is arrogant for not knowing his place.

There is no pretend Erik.  Is it hard for you to understand how many African Americans don't fall lock stop with you?  Didn't Obama's own brother vote for Trump?  Look at the number of athletes that did, and yes many didn't.

I'd prefer you act like Doc Rivers, a great Marquette alumnus, who wishes Trump well and wants him to be a great leader.  For the same reason you may not like the pilot of the airplane, but you want him to do his job.

Nigel Hayes, based on what he has said about compensating athletes, the argument he forms indicates to me he isn't too bright. Not a fact, my opinion.  He can do what he wants, say what he desires, and I can respond in kind.  More importantly, point out where he lacts facts, makes up claims with NCAA that are 100% false.

Can you provide that information for us that shows the lack of diversity Wisconsin students have because you know where they are from, what each of their individual lives is like?  You said it like it was a fact, right?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »

sorry, that ain't chicos either.  i spose if ya keep on guessing every time we get a newbie on here speaking with a conservative bent, you'll get it right one of these times, AY'na?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
MURahRah1 at 12:36:47 a.m.:

Nigel Hayes, is not smart. Is that racist that I made that comment? It is a true statement, but my suspicion is that some will say it is a racist statement only because of who he is.

MURahRah1 at 8:16:26 a.m.:

Nigel Hayes, based on what he has said about compensating athletes, the argument he forms indicates to me he isn't too bright. Not a fact, my opinion.

So it is a "true statement" (a.k.a., a fact) or "not a fact, my opinion"? Did it stop being a fact after you slept on it?

Look, I agree that "racist" shouldn't be the catch-all attack against those we disagree with. One shouldn't be afraid to  criticize the president because he/she will be called a racist.

OTOH, some folks are racists or, at the very least, repeatedly make racist comments -- as Ryan famously said Trump did re the Mexican judge.

What is worse: pretending that racism doesn't exist or always claiming that others are racist? Both are unacceptable, but both often come down to opinion.

Those who don't believe our president-elect is racist -- or at least has a propensity for saying racist things -- either have their heads buried deep in the sand or are, themselves, racists. There really isn't a third option.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 03:39:17 PM »
sorry, that ain't chicos either.  i spose if ya keep on guessing every time we get a newbie on here speaking with a conservative bent, you'll get it right one of these times, AY'na?

Yes, it is Chicos.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2016, 04:53:19 AM »
Yes, it is Chicos.

he would have told me as he gave me a heads up on when he was going to post and to watch for them.  other times, he would message me on facebook and we would exchange thoughts about a scoop topic.  he and i laughed about how he's being accused of being accused of being honeybadger and MURah or any newbie speaking with a conservative slant.  it was a little tough to take as certain people were calling him depraved and needing help as he just could help himself from posting, blah blah-it wasn't him

one way to tell MURah is NOT chicos is if you go back to a thread about henry and alum.  chicos correctly asserted an alum is not necessarily a grad...it's back there somewhere.  now i'm not here to critisize MURah, but he cotradicted chicos assertion re: alum.  and the last thing chicos needs at this time is for people to think he's back to his same ole schtuff-trust me, it's NOT him, but i could see how people thought that

i've confirmed with him, these 2 dudes aren't him, but i like their thinking-i'm gonna have to check in with the 2 clones however ;D

feedback