collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Professional attire  (Read 18477 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Professional attire
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2017, 10:47:59 PM »
We don't have any hard and fast rules. We try to use common sense.  Works pretty well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:27 PM »
That's fine. That's why the gate agent shouldn't be disciplined in any way. She was just doing her job. But I expect more from my employees. I expect them to use critical thinking skills, common sense,  and to prioritize customer service.

You find several thousand people with the skills you're asking for that are willing to work for $14-16/hour with no promise of advancement and I guarantee your salary as VP of HR will put you in the top 20 amongst CEO's worldwide.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »
You find several thousand people with the skills you're asking for that are willing to work for $14-16/hour with no promise of advancement and I guarantee your salary as VP of HR will put you in the top 20 amongst CEO's worldwide.

Well.... I can't argue with that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »

The irony for me, is that we seem to be pushing* employees to minimize their usage of common sense within their jobs, especially low wage jobs but then seem confused when the ultimate automaton that lacks common sense (computers and automation) then replace those workers.

You can't have a bias engine(humans) doing a job that must be without bias for low pay and expect it to be sustainable. Just like you can't expect determination engines(computers) to make decisions with intangible nuance.

*Not saying this pushing is intentional, but is an accumulation of all the divergent policies and behaviors we have gravitated to as a society
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback