[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2017 NBA Draft  (Read 1795 times)

wadesworld

• All American
2017 NBA Draft
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:29:02 PM »
Watching some of these conference tournaments has me thinking about the pro prospects for the upcoming draft.  Figured I'd make a thread that can hopefully go through the draft.

As far as who I like at the top of the draft I like Fultz and Smith.  With the Bucks most likely drafting in the low to mid teens it's a pipe dream because he won't be around but man do I want Markkanan on the Bucks.  I wouldn't hate having Leaf where the Bucks will be picking.  Giles is a high risk high reward pick which I wouldn't hate mid first round.  Somebody may reach on him based on potential and hype prior to the season if they hear what they need to about his health and he tests well athletically at the Combine.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

Re: 2017 NBA Draft
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:42:18 PM »
Watching some of these conference tournaments has me thinking about the pro prospects for the upcoming draft.  Figured I'd make a thread that can hopefully go through the draft.

As far as who I like at the top of the draft I like Fultz and Smith.  With the Bucks most likely drafting in the low to mid teens it's a pipe dream because he won't be around but man do I want Markkanan on the Bucks.  I wouldn't hate having Leaf where the Bucks will be picking.  Giles is a high risk high reward pick which I wouldn't hate mid first round.  Somebody may reach on him based on potential and hype prior to the season if they hear what they need to about his health and he tests well athletically at the Combine.

Lots of talent.

I like Monk out of Kentucky. Will win some scoring titles in NBA.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 02:45:04 PM »

Markkanan is a stud. This would have been a good year for the Bucks to lose more games.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 02:50:35 PM »
I think Kennard would be a nice pick for the Bucks just outside the lottery. Can space the floor for Giannis.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
I think Kennard would be a nice pick for the Bucks just outside the lottery. Can space the floor for Giannis.

I personally would not like that, but you could be right.  I just don't know that he's big enough or quick/athletic enough to play the wing in the NBA.  Certainly a great college player, though.  I actually think Grayson Allen will be a better pro than Kennard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 04:28:56 PM »
My ideal draft for the Bucks would be Juwan Evans in the first round then Thornwell in the 2nd.

Currently Evans is projected to be available in the late first and Thornwell is picked in the mid 2nd. Evans could slide into the backup PG role behind Brogdon which would let Delly continue to play off the ball. Thornwell would be an ideal backup to Snell/Middleton. Capable shooter and very good defender.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
I'm just amazed that even after this run, Thornwell wouldn't be a first-rounder.

Wondering what his perceived weaknesses are? He's got an NBA body, he's a 40% 3-point shooter, he's an outstanding rebounder (had a 20-reb game, and I'm guessing they weren't all easy!), he seems to like playing D (and he's good at it), he's not the quickest guy on the planet but he certainly isn't slow, he has improved throughout his career, etc.

The only real weakness I see is that he's already 22.

Unless it's the weed arrest coming back to haunt him - which it might be.

I'd definitely take him in the second round, and I probably wouldn't wait that long. Reminds me of Wes, or even a poor man's Kawhi.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:02 PM »
I'm just amazed that even after this run, Thornwell wouldn't be a first-rounder.

Wondering what his perceived weaknesses are? He's got an NBA body, he's a 40% 3-point shooter, he's an outstanding rebounder (had a 20-reb game, and I'm guessing they weren't all easy!), he seems to like playing D (and he's good at it), he's not the quickest guy on the planet but he certainly isn't slow, he has improved throughout his career, etc.

The only real weakness I see is that he's already 22.

Unless it's the weed arrest coming back to haunt him - which it might be.

I'd definitely take him in the second round, and I probably wouldn't wait that long. Reminds me of Wes, or even a poor man's Kawhi.

You pretty much answered your own question.  He's old, not very athletic, doesn't really have an NBA position, and has been suspended at least once at South Carolina.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 11:21:21 PM »
Watch The Spurs take Thornwell at the end of the first round and watch him end up being a good NBA player

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »
I think Jordan Bell is a sleeper in the draft. Will be interesting to see how much the game against Kansas helped his draft stock

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »
My ideal draft for the Bucks would be Juwan Evans in the first round then Thornwell in the 2nd.

Currently Evans is projected to be available in the late first and Thornwell is picked in the mid 2nd. Evans could slide into the backup PG role behind Brogdon which would let Delly continue to play off the ball. Thornwell would be an ideal backup to Snell/Middleton. Capable shooter and very good defender.
Juwan Evans is an underrated guard. Not a lot of people have payed attention to him because of all the other bigger name guards

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
Watch The Spurs take Thornwell at the end of the first round and watch him end up being a good NBA player

Well he definitely raised his stock. Doubt it's enough, though.

Just please no Nigel Hayes in the 2nd round. I'd take Grayson, though I doubt he lasts that long. Someone will take him quickly once he gets out of the guaranteed contract round.

feedback