Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA to relocate championships from North Carolina for 2016-17  (Read 11213 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: NCAA to relocate championships from North Carolina for 2016-17
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 11:48:12 PM »
   Is this REALLY about bathrooms?  Come on guys, you're all smarter than that. trees, forest, forest, trees

I agree. I also agree with Sultan saying it is about anti-LGBT bigotry. What do you think it is about?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TilTuesday

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2016, 02:41:51 AM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=51888.0

You know the drill - take the politics elsewhere.

Anything political posted here will be swiftly removed, and if you violate the rule too frequently, you'll find yourself without a place to post.

- Rocky Warrior

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2016, 04:24:49 AM »

You know the drill - take the politics elsewhere.

Anything political posted here will be swiftly removed, and if you violate the rule too frequently, you'll find yourself without a place to post.

- Rocky Warrior

Why do you care?

In before the lock.  H ;D ;D

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2016, 04:32:43 AM »
I agree. I also agree with Sultan saying it is about anti-LGBT bigotry. What do you think it is about?

Yes it is...that too.   This is a big big political power play.  Anyone for dog fighting?  How about little puppy dogs fighting? How about dogs fighting puppy dogs?  Well, NO ONE could possibly be for anything that nasty and wrong, correct?  No, I'm not equating dog fighting with LGBT bathroom rights.  I am equating how someone can take a PUBLIC stand for either one of these-which one will you win with?  I mean really WIN with, for or against?  you may be able to be against this bathroom thing without being a BIGOT, but good luck in getting your message out there. 

What did dr. Renee Richards do?  Rupaul, Alexis arquette, Chaz Bono, Carmen Carrera.....and now Bruce or Catlyn, or....?  Suddenly we have a bathroom problem? 

Why did willow sutton rob banks? 

You think most of these pols really care where Chaz Bono let's his jones hang out?  These pols aren't our 2nd coming of mother Teresa remember.  They finally found a political club they can use on their opponent over and over and over and....until they "EVOLVE" Eyn'a?

And it's about moneymoneymoneymoneymoney.  Our pols see everything through one prism-GREEN first, second and third.  They are big opportunists and this one is a golden goose.  And this one is going to allow these guys to be on the front page, above the fold for a while
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TilTuesday

• Walk-On
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »
Why do you care?

In before the lock.  H ;D ;D

Consistency seems problematic here.  Wouldn't you want to correct that?

Since the thread is still open, why is the NCAA allowing schools to take trips to China and Cuba, with their terrible records on human rights, including the LGBTQ?

Why is Liberty, BYU, and other religious colleges that hold stances on gay marriage, or gay interaction allowed to participate in NCAA sanctioned games? 

Is the NCAA only partially committed here or fully committed?

This is why the courts should decide and any actions prior to those court rulings is nothing but political theater.  It is also what makes this thread political, and why it shouldn't exist in the first place, per the moderator Rocky. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »

That was my reaction as well. I think the point was that people like Caitlyn Jenner are making money off the controversy? To which my response would be "So?"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
Consistency seems problematic here.  Wouldn't you want to correct that?

Since the thread is still open, why is the NCAA allowing schools to take trips to China and Cuba, with their terrible records on human rights, including the LGBTQ?

Why is Liberty, BYU, and other religious colleges that hold stances on gay marriage, or gay interaction allowed to participate in NCAA sanctioned games? 

Is the NCAA only partially committed here or fully committed?

This is why the courts should decide and any actions prior to those court rulings is nothing but political theater.  It is also what makes this thread political, and why it shouldn't exist in the first place, per the moderator Rocky.

Jamie,

Maybe I should have used teal.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2016, 09:38:09 AM »
New ID added to the Chicos ban, and thread locked!

feedback