collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Coach will stick up for his player...I guess  (Read 2536 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Coach will stick up for his player...I guess
« on: September 03, 2016, 08:51:48 PM »
Coach les miles arse is probably already on the line for this loss, but seriously?  His 6'5" 350 lb. offensive lineman is really just a kitten cat at heart and didn't know the play was over??  I suppose it's best to have all the facts but what do ya think boutte is gonna say?  Good one, ey coach?
    Gotta love chryst's comment-" I didn't  see the play"??  Way to punt, Eyn'a?  What the hell was he watching? That's where the play was!  Was a great 1st win however on the frozen tundra.  The big red were 13.5 pt dogs and -500 money line

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-ol-ejected-for-vicious-hit-after-wisconsins-game-winning-int/

Here's the commentary.  And if you read the comment section, NOT one person(maybe one kinda) sticks up for LSU

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17460016/lsu-tigers-head-coach-les-miles-review-josh-boutte-late-hit-wisconsin-badgers-dcota-dixon
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
Re: Coach will stick up for his player...I guess
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »
At first I thought that was actually the case - that he didn't see the play and just saw him running.  But then on one of the replays, they showed him staring down the entire play.  Should be suspended for another game.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
And the hit was a little bit high...he's lucky the player got up.  It'll be interesting to see what the NCAA gives him.  Wouldn't be surprised if he gets 2 weeks  he could have been suspended just for the high hit even if it wasn't after the player was down

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »
Well per rules he will be suspended for the next game.  However the NCAA doesn't handle player discipline beyond that.  That will be up to LSU or the SEC.  My guess is the one game is all he will get.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »
It was clearly intentional. LSU will lobby for the minimum penalty. Should be multiple games.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »
One game is it, no way it's more.

Now its three months of SEC style obsession over a middle of the road B14 team.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:29:29 PM by PTM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »
At first I thought that was actually the case - that he didn't see the play and just saw him running.  But then on one of the replays, they showed him staring down the entire play.  Should be suspended for another game.

My thoughts exactly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »
Absolutely a dirty play. Should be suspended for two games, probably will only get one. How ever will LSU survive Jacksonville State?  ::)

Poor showing from the SEC this week
LSU goes down to Bucky
Mississippi State embarrassed by South Alabama
Missouri blown out by West Virginia
Arkansas escapes Louisiana Tech by 1
Tennessee needs OT to beat App State
Kentucky currently down to Southern Miss

Only ones who did their jobs well were Bama, Georgia, and of course my fighting Texas Aggies.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:37:02 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »
One thing I have noticed over the past couple years is that the "speed gap" the SEC has had over most of the rest of college football has been closing.  Wisconsin was not slow, and most definitely didn't look "less athletic" than LSU.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 11:49:43 PM »
Well per rules he will be suspended for the next game.  However the NCAA doesn't handle player discipline beyond that.  That will be up to LSU or the SEC.  My guess is the one game is all he will get.

Pretty sure the ncaa rule is if you're ejected in 2nd half you miss 1st half of the next game.

brandx

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 06:03:58 PM »
Nobody expects Les Miles to show any class and do the right thing - but, stranger things have happened.

I remember how Cronin reacted after the Cincy-Zavier fight a few years ago. Actually ripped the jerseys off a couple players in the locker room. Followed that up with fairly lengthy suspensions. Mack suspended his guys as well.

But, I'm not holding my breath for any reaction from Miles. I think he would be more likely to give out a game ball rather than a suspension. That's not even a play where anyone needs to get together to discuss what actions to take.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »
Today les miles issued a 1 game suspension saying it was a little oopsey doopsey and the SEC says that's cool.  Does the NCAA have any say in the matter?  He's gonna miss the game against perennial powerhouse, Jackson state

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Does the NCAA have any say in the matter? 

No.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 03:43:05 PM »
Pretty sure the ncaa rule is if you're ejected in 2nd half you miss 1st half of the next game.

That's if he's ejected for targeting. He was ejected for essentially poor sportsmanship which cates no mandatory suspension
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 03:51:22 PM »
I haven't seen any angles but the main one during the game. He's an offensive lineman so he might not have seen the pick, then the wisconsin player running towards the end zone along with the ref blowing the whistle late, I could see that he still thought the play was live.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
I haven't seen any angles but the main one during the game. He's an offensive lineman so he might not have seen the pick, then the wisconsin player running towards the end zone along with the ref blowing the whistle late, I could see that he still thought the play was live.

I had the same thought.  Then they showed an angle on one replay that makes that hard to believe.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
One thing I have noticed over the past couple years is that the "speed gap" the SEC has had over most of the rest of college football has been closing.  Wisconsin was not slow, and most definitely didn't look "less athletic" than LSU.

On the other hand, in Alabama's last three games against Power 5 schools not from the Deep South, they've outscored their opponents 125-23.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
On the other hand, in Alabama's last three games against Power 5 schools not from the Deep South, they've outscored their opponents 125-23.

Well yeah...Alabama is just on another planet.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »

No one was throwing any blocks, no one was going after him.  If The play is still live, a Wisconsin player would have thrown a block on boutte and he never would have had such an open shot at D'cota Dixon.  Plus, D' cotadixon  not only went down after the intercept, but then got up and was running with one hand up in the air signaling "dagger" as in Wayne larrivee' signature call.  Watch it one more time here and you'll see boutte just tee him up.  This was clearly a loss of control of emotions that could have ended up much worse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jl-iwBagU

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »
No one was throwing any blocks, no one was going after him.  If The play is still live, a Wisconsin player would have thrown a block on boutte and he never would have had such an open shot at D'cota Dixon.  Plus, D' cotadixon  not only went down after the intercept, but then got up and was running with one hand up in the air signaling "dagger" as in Wayne larrivee' signature call.  Watch it one more time here and you'll see boutte just tee him up.  This was clearly a loss of control of emotions that could have ended up much worse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jl-iwBagU

This wouldn't be even close to the first time where everyone but one player thought the play was dead. How many different videos I could pull up right now.

Also how on earth was this considered a neutral field game? It's at unnatural carnal knowledgeing Lambeau  rofl.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
Also how on earth was this considered a neutral field game? It's at unnatural carnal knowledgeing Lambeau  rofl.

It was the back end of a two game series.  Two years ago, they opened up in Houston v. LSU.

40,000 tickets were given to the "home" team.
20,000 to the road team
The rest to the NFL team to control.  (Mostly the club seats)