[June 12, 2024, 08:32:41 PM]

New Assistant Coach by Skatastrophy
[June 12, 2024, 08:04:46 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by tower912
[June 12, 2024, 07:47:59 PM]

Hurley staying! by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 12, 2024, 04:20:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Capitol Drive at rush hour tonight  (Read 987 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Capitol Drive at rush hour tonight
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »
Just got an email regarding Capitol Drive in Milwaukee for tonight, just a heads up for all you Scoopers who may take Capitol for your commute...

"Do Not Take!!!!    Eric just informed me that today is National Day of Rage across the country and it will take place here in Milwaukee around 60th -76th  and Capital is where the demonstration is suppose to start…..at about 5 PM.   Probably start congregating this afternoon!

Just thought you should know……."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Capitol Drive at rush hour tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:08:56 PM »
I'd never heard of this until now, here's the full list of cities and locations ---unknown how accurate or organized this list is. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-13/be-aware-not-there-national-day-rage-july-15th-2016

No KC on the list, apparently we celebrate it locally as a "day of mild agitation"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
I'd never heard of this until now, here's the full list of cities and locations ---unknown how accurate or organized this list is. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-13/be-aware-not-there-national-day-rage-july-15th-2016

No KC on the list, apparently we celebrate it locally as a "day of mild agitation"

Yeah we'll see how this goes.  A few nights ago they shut down Highway 100 and North Avenue during rush hour, backing up and rerouting everything, because of...TWENTY protestors INSIDE Mayfair Mall chanting about justice.  There were helicopters flying overhead and cars driving down all the side streets to avoid the traffic created for no reason.

Police overreact and media overblows and it makes things worse than it needs to be.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »
Yeah we'll see how this goes.  A few nights ago they shut down Highway 100 and North Avenue during rush hour, backing up and rerouting everything, because of...TWENTY protestors INSIDE Mayfair Mall chanting about justice.  There were helicopters flying overhead and cars driving down all the side streets to avoid the traffic created for no reason.

Police overreact and media overblows and it makes things worse than it needs to be.

I think this summarizes it.  Meanwhile in turkey....craziness the last few days.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
The location this is supposed to take place is Dineen Park which is south of Capitol, nestled in between Appleton, 69th Street, and Vienna. Kind of an odd little area over there. Apparently the guy responsible for organizing this tried the same thing in 2014 and it didn't get any traction. Quite a few in the local protective service community seem to think it's more hoax than anything, but MPD is taking it seriously because of the events we've seen in the past 10 days or so.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
The location this is supposed to take place is Dineen Park which is south of Capitol, nestled in between Appleton, 69th Street, and Vienna. Kind of an odd little area over there. Apparently the guy responsible for organizing this tried the same thing in 2014 and it didn't get any traction. Quite a few in the local protective service community seem to think it's more hoax than anything, but MPD is taking it seriously because of the events we've seen in the past 10 days or so.

Yeah I looked further into it and saw Dineen Park.  To be honest I've heard of Dineen but, despite commuting down Capitol from Tosa to Glendale every day, I'm not sure I've seen it.  I went down Hampton on my way home today instead and saw maybe 5-10 people with some signs out on Hampton, so I figured there were probably at least some people out there.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:38 PM »
Dineen is actually about two blocks south of Capitol. It's a funky little area back there, if you don't have reason to go, it's easy to completely ignore. I'd wager most commuters don't, unless they are looking for the hourly rate motels on Appleton. I talked to the engine boss that covers the Dineen Park area and they didn't have any calls over there, so seems like it was mostly quiet.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback