collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: Miami Heat  (Read 6119 times)

mviale

• All American
OT: Miami Heat
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »
Over the years, as most of you, I have become a miami heat fan.  I cannot believe that Shaq has deteriorated so rapidly this year.  Against philly, shaq has 4 shot attempts in 30 min of play.   At some point, you have to look at Riley as he has failed to build around wade and has held onto rapidly declining stars.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Re: OT: Miami Heat
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »
I watched the Cleveland game and Shaq didn't look horrible.  However, Wade sure had an off night.  I don't know what the box said but it seemed he couldn't couldn't hit hardly any shots.  He also had several key turnovers.  I hope this is just a result of him being rusty after being off for a long time because of injury and not a deterioration in his game. 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »
If you look at their roster from last year to this year, it's clear Riley isn't doing what needs to be done to build a strong team. Kapono is gone as well as Posey. Both of these players were younger and solid role players on the team. Now, who do they have? A bunch of nonames and washed up, once good players. Shaq is not the man he once was. Jason Williams nearly as good as he was back in the day with Sacramento.  Wade is an all-star but has no help.  And he does have his injury problems as well. They need help or Wade will be gone to a team that can compete as soon as his contract is up.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:46:29 PM »
Riley has put together a team that is seriously flawed, starting with Shaq, who has become a joke. He refuses to rebound or play defense and he can't get around the double teams in the low post. The Heat will never be contenders until that contract expires.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »
miami is a sinking ship.  dwade needs to get out asap.  pat riley owes him at least that much...trade him to cleveland and then riley can retire.  the dynamic trio of lebron, dwade, and daniel gibson will be too much to handle for the rest of the nba.  add dj to list when he is drafted by the cavs in june.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 03:27:43 PM »
Wade should do everything in his power to go to Orlando.  With Dwight Howard there would get to the conference finals at the very least for the next 8 years.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »
add dj to list when he is drafted by the cavs in june.

Do the Cavs have a very late 2nd round pick?  I don't see any team in the league wasting their 1st round or even early 2nd round pick on James.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »
Miami is a mess and I don't see any quick fixes on the horizon. Anytime Ricky Davis is playing a major role you know your team is in trouble. The Shaq contract is a killer too. Does Wade have trade veto power? I think Wade is too unselfish to demand a trade, but in this case, he needs to pull a Kobe and demand a trade. But unlike Kobe, Wade will do it behind the scenes in a professional manner. I know the Bulls need a superstar and Paxon needs to make a big move to save his job. Doubt it would happen, but Wade on the Bulls would be unreal.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »
It would be going back home for him too which I'm sure he wouldn't mind if it was to Chicago. But why not Milwaukee so he can see his coach and college play whenever he's here for a home roadtrip. ;D ;D

mviale

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
the trade with chicago would be more helpful for recruiting in chi-town.  I also think gordon, nocioni and thomas would be a good pick up for miami.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »
I really think the Bulls need to look hard at trading Deng, Gordon, and one other player, most likely Thomas. Deng and Gordon are both free agents after the year. They both broke off negotiations and have indicated they will test the free agent market. There is a huge possibility that we will lose both of them. A sign and trade deal for a superstar would be huge for the bulls. I also think bringing in a superstar will motivate Wallace. The guy has something left in the tank. A player like Wade would bring Wallace out of his slumber.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
Dwyane Wade will return home. Whether it be via trade or free-agency, DWade will be with the Bulls.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »
When is Wade a free- agent? you would have to think his top 2 choices would be Chi-town or Milwaukee for obvious reasons... not so sure about milwaukee but i guess its wishful thinking!
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 12:51:40 AM »
I think he's signed though 10-11 with a player option for 11-12