collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Draymond Green  (Read 5700 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Draymond Green
« on: May 23, 2016, 06:53:47 AM »
To suspend, or not to suspend.  That is the question.

I vote yes.  What say you?

Edited to add link to video.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:10:47 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Draymond Green
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 06:58:24 AM »
No.  I don't think it was intentional.  I would not rescind the flagrant foul.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 07:16:56 AM »
Definitely intentional.   Second instance of it.   Any athlete who's played basketball at a high level, knows where your leg is going on that exaggerated of a movement.   

That's why it's pretty darn rare for a guy to get kicked in the nuts, let alone twice by the same guy in a series.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »
Suspend him for the first half.

Any more endangering nuts and 2 games.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »
The kick was about as inadvertent as Green putting on his uniform to play the game.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »
Suspend him for a game, that looked as intentional as the things Suh does on the FB field.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
I am a big DG fan.  Suspend him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:34 AM »
as annoying as he can be, i don't think it was intentional.  in other news, steve adams has been invited to sing soprano for the florentine opera this weekend
don't...don't don't don't don't

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
Normally no, but you can't suspend Jones and not Green.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
Normally no, but you can't suspend Jones and not Green.

Yeah I think you can. Greens was on a basketball move. Jones wasn't.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »
I'm quite certain it was intentional. I, too, like the way Green plays, but I say he's gotta sit a game. Can't have ballers goin' after each others balls.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
Intentional, and I think they have to suspend him on the heels of the Cleveland suspension. Thought it wouldn't completely shock me if they used the "basketball play" argument and didn't suspend. Without the Jones suspension, he gets off.

I think there'd be a lot more backlash to a non-suspension than to a suspension.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:16:25 PM »
I'm quite certain it was intentional. I, too, like the way Green plays, but I say he's gotta sit a game. Can't have ballers goin' after each others balls.

I don't think it was as intentional as "I'm gonna get a nut shot on this dude", but was intentional as "Im gonna kick my legs out and get a shot in so I can make sure people aren't getting close in on me".  Same as jump shooters kicking their legs forward to draw contact.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
I don't think it was as intentional as "I'm gonna get a nut shot on this dude", but was intentional as "Im gonna kick my legs out and get a shot in so I can make sure people aren't getting close in on me".  Same as jump shooters kicking their legs forward to draw contact.

Or Bruce Bowen closeouts.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Agreed.  How the league views it will determine the punishment.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »

That's what I thought when I saw it live. Jump shooters get the foul call a lot when they throw there legs forward, so I thought is was an attempt by Green to make contact hoping he would get a call.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »
The whistle had already blown and the ball was long gone.  That so called "follow through" was not a natural shooting motion or any basketball move related motion, it was just a cheap shot after the whistle.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
Video of Draymond kicking his legs. Does it all the time.

https://twitter.com/TEN000HOURS/status/734825505971544064

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »
Video of Draymond kicking his legs. Does it all the time.

https://twitter.com/TEN000HOURS/status/734825505971544064

That is interesting.  I have mixed emotions on whether that changes my mind.  On the one hand, he probably did not intentionally kick Adams in the balls -- although I was never really convinced of that anyway.  That mitigates things a bit for me.  On the other hand, he recklessly kicks his legs out all the time.  If he is going to keep doing that, he may have to pay a steep price when it connects.

Speaking as a Cleveland fan, perhaps LeBron should start balling up his hands into fists and swinging them wildly as part of his embarrassingly frequent flopping.  If he should happen to nail someone in the face...hey, he does that all the time...it wasn't intentional.

brandx

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »
The whistle had already blown and the ball was long gone.  That so called "follow through" was not a natural shooting motion or any basketball move related motion, it was just a cheap shot after the whistle.

I agree it is not natural - just like when jump shooters do it. Reggie Miller was probably the best (worst) at it.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:18 PM »
Suspend.  It was intentional based on the way he behaved after the fact.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »
  the best offense is a good defense-HEY'nahey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
For those saying "don't suspend him" - if you had the talent and size to play against the guy, would you do it without a cup?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 08:26:02 PM »
For those saying "don't suspend him" - if you had the talent and size to play against the guy, would you do it without a cup?

My opinion is that NBA players flail like that all the time. LeBron flails his arms constantly. Nobody ever gets suspended for flailing. We're going to suspend because he happened to kick someone? Meh.

If you can determine intent, then that's obviously different.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 09:31:17 PM »
My opinion is that NBA players flail like that all the time. LeBron flails his arms constantly. Nobody ever gets suspended for flailing. We're going to suspend because he happened to kick someone? Meh.

If you can determine intent, then that's obviously different.

Yeah, the NBA would never suspend a guy for a kick that connects when flailing after a foul.

feedback