collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:13:47 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The LA Rams  (Read 2120 times)

wadesworld

• All American
The LA Rams
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
Well, that's a good start?  Not sure what they're thinking...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
Re: The LA Rams
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »
Funny, I guess, that the beneficiaries of the RGIII trade just made the same stupid trade.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »
Well, that's a good start?  Not sure what they're thinking...

Marketing play as much as anything.  Funny thing is, no one in LA is talking about it.  99% Kobe slobber fest right now

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:06 PM »
Any teams that starts drafting and signing players for "marketing" reasons is not run by smart sports people.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:00:01 PM »
Any teams that starts drafting and signing players for "marketing" reasons is not run by smart sports people.

Piss off!

Best regards,
The Bucks Fan who thinks they should sign Novak, Buycks, Vander, and draft Hank

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:46:31 PM »

I don' t disagree with you, but LA has failed to retain teams multiple times.  So the scuttlebutt is they are going all in for a flash signee at QB, hope the defense stays strong and they can progress that way.  This is an odd market, where glitz matters.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
I don' t disagree with you, but LA has failed to retain teams multiple times.  So the scuttlebutt is they are going all in for a flash signee at QB, hope the defense stays strong and they can progress that way.  This is an odd market, where glitz matters.

Cause Goff or Wentz say flash signee??? More likely than not both will be a middle of the road QB with a 6-8 year career. Neither came from a prominent university and are not "marketing stars". If the play was "flash", they should have tried to talk Manning into playing this year and then drafted a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 03:41:57 PM »
I can't get over how much the Titans got here, blows my mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 03:49:27 PM »

That new stadium they'll play in has all the "glitz" .

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
Cause Goff or Wentz say flash signee??? More likely than not both will be a middle of the road QB with a 6-8 year career. Neither came from a prominent university and are not "marketing stars". If the play was "flash", they should have tried to talk Manning into playing this year and then drafted a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Well, yes.  Anytime a QB is taken with the first pick in the draft, it is typically a flashy signee by default.  Doesn't mean they pan out, but by definition that's a flashier pick than an offensive tackle or even a Defensive Lineman, usually.

Some of these guys below didn't pan out, but at the time they were definitely flashy picks.

Terry Bradshaw
Troy Aikman
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
John Elway
Andrew Luck
Matthew Stafford
Drew Bledsoe
Cam Newton
Vinny Testaverde
Carson Palmer
Jim Plunkett
David Carr
Steve Bartkowski
Alex Smith
Jeff George

ETc, etc

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
smart move for the LA market is the consensus among friends here

brandx

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »
I can't get over how much the Titans got here, blows my mind.

Yeah, I agree.

But ...... they have worked this QB out and feel he is the long term answer. If they are right, it is well worth the steep price. If not, it's just another  bad NFL trade to try to acquire a franchise QB.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
Yeah, I agree.

But ...... they have worked this QB out and feel he is the long term answer. If they are right, it is well worth the steep price. If not, it's just another  bad NFL trade to try to acquire a franchise QB.

No doubt, if Goff or Wentz is a stud, it's worth it. Just felt like one of the 2nd's or next year's 3rd were one too many.

Also, and impossible to know right now, but if I were the Rams, considering their move, new stadium, all of that, I'd have waited a year to make a godfather type offer for the 2017 #1 pick. Who knows if I'm right, but I think Deshaun Watson is a better pro prospect than Goff/Wentz. Plus Watson has that "wow" factor that would sell in LA.

feedback