'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 12:57:51 PM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So who's gonna draft Henry????  (Read 15236 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: So who's gonna draft Henry????
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2016, 08:04:22 AM »
The stupidest thing a bottom five team can do is pick on fit. Either acquire the best assets and sort it out later or trade down. I don't see Ellenson in the top 8 when all said done. I just don't see his game translating to today's NBA as well as it would have five years ago. Still definitely a lottery pick but I think he slide just a little bit.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2016, 08:11:22 AM »
For real.

The only four years I haven't lived in MN was at Marquette.  I actually think Milwaukee is just as cold as Minneapolis - you don't get those nasty winds in Mpls.  Plus the city is much cleaner, less crime, better and more jobs, less riff raff, more to do.  Its really just an all around better city, IMO. I love Milwaukee and it was a great place to go to college, but it doesn't hold a torch to MN.  Plus, you don't have to deal with unnatural carnal knowledgein' Sconnies everyday. 

Do we always have to have these conversations? 

I prefer Milwaukee.  Others feel differently.  Really no big deal.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2016, 09:41:38 AM »
Does Walter's MU tuition get worked into his rookie contract?

Boom!

Why they hell are you talking about the Ellensons in the middle of the comparative weather thread?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
Soon enough, you'll be able to have it both ways. A little more melting of the polar ice caps and Minny of tomorrow will be as warm as Hawaii of today!

It is literally (and I'm using that correctly) my life's work to make sure this doesn't happen.  But it's an uphill battle.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
It is literally (and I'm using that correctly) my life's work to make sure this doesn't happen.  But it's an uphill battle.

Great Mom even more respect for you.
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2016, 05:33:24 PM »
It's 80 degrees here today.  I've had brisket on the smoker since 5:30.  Ribs are about to get wrapped and finished.  And yes, warm bacon grease was involved today. 

When it's good up here, it's great.  Winters are what you make of them.  Nothing like 110 mph across a frozen lake. 

Sultan, this is my thread, so back off.   :o

Anyways, it would be fun to see HE here.  Not sure it will happen.  Woofies are on an upswing.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »
Our friends in the UP are watching the ice go out on a beautiful 76 degree afternoon.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »
I don't watch the Timberwolves enough to know but from what I've seen of Wiggins he seems closer to a Carmelo Anthony who yes can fill it up in the points column, but that's the only thing he does well and a lot of times it takes him a lot of attempts to do that. I see him holding them back more than being a reason to look forward to the future for Minnesota. Somewhat the same for LaVine

KAT is a different story. He's going to be as good as there is in the NBA real soon. But you need more around a guy who's a center than you do a guy who's a SF or PG. Just look at the Pelicans.

To me personally, I think the Wolves are trying to get rid of the wrong guy (Rubio) and should be seeing what absurd pieces you can get for Wiggins. I get it, he can be a piece that can get you to the Playoffs for the first time in a while. But if you really want to win a Title I don't think he's a guy you can have on the roster. If you have KAT and a guy who does some of everything (say you find a guy who turns into your version of Draymond Green), Rubio is an awesome PG if you surround those 2 with 2 shooting wings.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2016, 10:59:50 PM »
I have a very good friend that grew up in Austin, MN, did his college years at UM and then spent the first few years of his career in St. Cloud.  Moved to Chicago to get some warmth.  Then to Sarasota in retirement.  And while he still has a modest soft spot for his Vikings, he's now a full fledged Bucs fan.  No Wisconsin Packer fan would ever make such a transition, as least as it pertains to our beloved football team.  Therein lies one's true answer.   ;D

Sounds like your very good friend just needs to be punched in the head.

That's what I got out of it.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »
I don't watch the Timberwolves enough to know but from what I've seen of Wiggins he seems closer to a Carmelo Anthony who yes can fill it up in the points column, but that's the only thing he does well and a lot of times it takes him a lot of attempts to do that. I see him holding them back more than being a reason to look forward to the future for Minnesota. Somewhat the same for LaVine

KAT is a different story. He's going to be as good as there is in the NBA real soon. But you need more around a guy who's a center than you do a guy who's a SF or PG. Just look at the Pelicans.

To me personally, I think the Wolves are trying to get rid of the wrong guy (Rubio) and should be seeing what absurd pieces you can get for Wiggins. I get it, he can be a piece that can get you to the Playoffs for the first time in a while. But if you really want to win a Title I don't think he's a guy you can have on the roster. If you have KAT and a guy who does some of everything (say you find a guy who turns into your version of Draymond Green), Rubio is an awesome PG if you surround those 2 with 2 shooting wings.

Nah. Wiggins does suck at a lot of things(his passing rates are actually like 3 times worse than melo lol) especially rebounding. But there is so much of his game that's still developing. He's already got an elite NBA move and that's with his jumper still slowly coming along. Once he's stronger and gets better at rim he's gonna be real special.

Lavine is also very legit. As a starter playing off the ball he's been around 20 a game. He shots great when not at point.

Team needs another shooter bad. They shouldn't and I don't think they will take Henry. Buddy and Murray are the guys to snag.

Gorgui and Towns work great together. Need a shooter off the bench bad.

Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Gorgui and Towns is a legit 5. They go toe to toe with good teams. Against GS(not the game they actually won) these 5 had minny up 8 on GS starters with 2 minutes left in 3rd. Mitchell did his usually line change. And the Warriors depth destroyed ours.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....