[Today at 12:32:36 PM]

New Assistant Coach by dspan34
[Today at 12:23:16 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Lennys Tap
[Today at 11:59:35 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by wadesworld
[Today at 10:04:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joe Krabbenhoft  (Read 10629 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Joe Krabbenhoft
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:05:39 PM »
new UW ASSistant coach. 

Joe is a starter on my most hated Badger team.  Along with Gasser and Schowalter.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Joe Krabbenhoft
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
new UW ASSistant coach. 

Joe is a starter on my most hated Badger team.  Along with Gasser and Schowalter.
Gasser is the team captain on my team.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:22:47 PM »
new UW ASSistant coach. 

Guy was a huge bust but in college. He was a 5 star player that turned into servicable college player. Must be w darn good coach though.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
Guy was a huge bust but in college. He was a 5 star player that turned into servicable college player.

5 star, #23 overall in 2005 class per Rivals. I didn't even realize that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:35:18 PM »
Gasser is the team captain on my team.

Taylor or Leur
Maigh Eo for Sam

Keeyan Half Court Dunks

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »
He is afflicted with Jay Cutler's "Punch Me Face"

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 10:50:58 PM »
It always seem like serious white guys are the most hated players in college hoops. Grayson Allen, Cullen Neal, Ryan Arcidiacano, any player on Wisconsin, hell even the most hated player of all time, Christian Laettner.

I don't know why, but I feel like Andrew Rowsey will be that player for our opponents the next two season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »

I don't know why, but I feel like Andrew Rowsey will be that player for our opponents the next two season.

Yes

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 11:11:04 PM »
Superbar

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 11:23:26 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 11:29:10 PM »

Him trash talking Simmons was one of the best moments of the season.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 08:28:10 AM »
It always seem like serious white guys are the most hated players in college hoops. Grayson Allen, Cullen Neal, Ryan Arcidiacano, any player on Wisconsin, hell even the most hated player of all time, Christian Laettner.

We should be so lucky. Gotta be good to be hated.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:16 AM »
In other news, someone just took a crap in a toilet.

S U P E R B A R

BANHAMMER
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
In other news, someone just took a crap in a toilet.

S U P E R B A R

BANHAMMER

Did an intern flush?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »

Allen is a brat who whines and plays dirty when things aren't going his way.  Cullen Neal wouldn't shut his mouth during that game which got him there.

Arcidiacano was an annoying freshman but I turned into a fan as his college career progressed (though he had no business being POY IMO).

The aforementioned Badger players are all whiney floppers.  I don't think it has anything to do with being "serious" but everything to do with crying to refs and then being overly demonstrative when getting calls.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 10:59:57 AM »
Arcidiacano was an annoying freshman but I turned into a fan as his college career progressed (though he had no business being POY IMO).

Archie's hateability primarily comes from how he's treated by the media. Sportwriters LOVE "scrappy white guys" and building them up for "doing the little things" while often ignoring that they're very talented athletes. Just look at last night, for example. Kris Jenkins knocked down one of the biggest shots in college basketball history and an inordinate amount of attention and praise was heaped on Archie for making a simple pass.

Guys like Allen, Neal, Gasser and Marshall Henderson brought it upon themselves with their antics. Other guys like Archie and even Wojo back in the day, are largely a product of too much media love.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:01:52 AM by MerrittsMustache »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:38 AM »
It's threads like this that make me glad i don't live in WI.  I couldn't tell you a player that played for Bucky more than 3 years ago (notice i didn't say 'graduated' more than 3 years ago), not surprisingly, there's almost zero exposure outside of a Big 10 market and 90 minutes a year isn't enough to etch any sort of impression.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
Superbar

It's off season
Bucky is currently our most hated rival
It was front and center in the local paper

Mods, move it if you feel the need.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 02:40:12 PM »
It's threads like this that make me glad i don't live in WI.  I couldn't tell you a player that played for Bucky more than 3 years ago (notice i didn't say 'graduated' more than 3 years ago), not surprisingly, there's almost zero exposure outside of a Big 10 market and 90 minutes a year isn't enough to etch any sort of impression.

Krabbenhoft always stood out to me cause he was smack in the middle the narrative of "Bo gets no top ranked recruits and always makes stars out of lesser talents" when he was a top 25 player who UW fans loved what a "glue guy" he was as a senior when he was actually a massive disappointment or massively overrated, prolly both.

He and Butch are on the Mount Rushmore of Wisconsin high rated busts that UW fans need to snidely say only ignorant fans aren't pleased with their contributions.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »
Krabbenhoft always stood out to me cause he was smack in the middle the narrative of "Bo gets no top ranked recruits and always makes stars out of lesser talents" when he was a top 25 player who UW fans loved what a "glue guy" he was as a senior when he was actually a massive disappointment or massively overrated, prolly both.

He and Butch are on the Mount Rushmore of Wisconsin high rated busts that UW fans need to snidely say only ignorant fans aren't pleased with their contributions.

You can add Gregg Stiemsma to that list as well.  #37 RSCI coming out of high school in 2004.  He ends up with a college stat line of 2.7/2.3/0.8.  That is not a misprint.  2.7 ppg in college.

But he goes on to play four NBA seasons! 

So Bo takes one of the top 40 high school players in the country, can't do a thing with him (because he played him out of position), but the guy goes on to make the NBA anyway.

Wonder if he regrets his college choice?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 05:35:55 PM »
I thought krabbenhoft was an STD.

brandx

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 05:39:30 PM »
Archie's hateability primarily comes from how he's treated by the media. Sportwriters LOVE "scrappy white guys" and building them up for "doing the little things" while often ignoring that they're very talented athletes. Just look at last night, for example. Kris Jenkins knocked down one of the biggest shots in college basketball history and an inordinate amount of attention and praise was heaped on Archie for making a simple pass.

Aaron Craft is the poster boy for this.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »

yous guyses are forgetting the ORIGINAL hated white guy-drum roll-

kelly triPUCKA  memba him??
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 07:27:01 PM »
  yous guyses are forgetting the ORIGINAL hated white guy-drum roll-

kelly triPUCKA  memba him??

back in the day of the shorty shorts when some of the boys needed a hair net-ein"a
don't...don't don't don't don't