collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: B10 taking bids on television rights.  (Read 933 times)

GGGG

• All American
B10 taking bids on television rights.
« on: March 21, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/big-ten-conference-is-now-taking-bids-from-the-networks-for-its-rights.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=big-ten-conference-is-now-taking-bids-from-the-networks-for-its-rights

Why this is important to Marquette and the Big East?

First, I think more companion programming on FS1 would be beneficial in the long term for BE basketball. 

Second, if they are now accepting rights bids, it likely means that all of their avenues for expansion are currently closed.  They would have surely announced new expansion partners before opening rights bids correct?

Benny B

• All American
Re: B10 taking bids on television rights.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/big-ten-conference-is-now-taking-bids-from-the-networks-for-its-rights.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=big-ten-conference-is-now-taking-bids-from-the-networks-for-its-rights

Why this is important to Marquette and the Big East?

First, I think more companion programming on FS1 would be beneficial in the long term for BE basketball. 

Bingo.  Ever wonder why McDonald's always wants to be near a Wal-Mart.

Second, if they are now accepting rights bids, it likely means that all of their avenues for expansion are currently closed.  They would have surely announced new expansion partners before opening rights bids correct?

Possibly.  They could always leave expansion as TBD just like the Big East did in their contract with Fox.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.