Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McCabe  (Read 6518 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
McCabe
« on: March 18, 2016, 05:49:09 PM »
Haters kind of quiet.Lol

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: McCabe
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:58:20 PM »
Maybe they were waiting for you to start this thread?

Help me out here.  Why this thread?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
Has he rejected all D1 offers and declared for a small D3 yet?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 06:16:02 PM »
I imagine this means something.  Something.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 06:20:21 PM »
We talking Frank McCabe?  Center for MU in the mid 50s, played in the Olympics.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »
Let's offer everyone who wins a WIAA D2 State playoff game!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 02:35:05 AM »
We talking Frank McCabe?  Center for MU in the mid 50s, played in the Olympics.

http://www.caterpillar.com/en/news/caterpillarNews/h/caterpillar-diesels-win-gold-at-1952-helsinki-olympics.html

I hear he's still got a year of eligibility left!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 07:01:29 AM »
Lol. The "haters" are quiet because he won a high school semifinal?  Same day as the NCAA tournament?  Maybe the "haters," and most everyone else, really don't care.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »
If anyone hasn't seen him play, you should definitely check out Kaukauna in the D2 championship game at 6:35 tonight.  As a short white kid, he may or may not be effective at a high-major program, but he's entertaining as hell to watch play.  Then Sam Hauser and SPASH play afterwards at 8:15.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 09:53:32 AM »
Let's offer everyone who wins a WIAA D2 State playoff game!
Worked for the Ellensons.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
Do we offer guys that lose D2 state games,see Herro

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »
Haters kind of quiet.Lol
I guess you would probably consider me a hater.  Was at his game yesterday and we always come away saying the same thing, "he's fun to watch, but I don't think I would want him on my team." He's so easy to root against with his 3-salutes and jawing the whole game. No denying that he is a talent, but watch Herro, Hauser or even Listau and ask yourself who would make your team better on both sides of the ball? Watch really closely and ask yourself who McCabe can actually guard. If you are an MU fan and not a troll, ask yourself how could McCabe ever guard a guy like Cheatham -- not even remotely possible. I would love seeing him in a Badger uni - but I don't think his style would work well there either.

I don't like that all of his assists are "flash" when a simple chest or bounce pass will do. He seems to be always playing for that "wow factor" and I feel like a great coach or program would see this as a distraction. His team -- Kaukana for those not in WI area -- is a great high school team. They play Waunakee tonight in the championship and I don't know if Waunakee has anyone who can guard McCabe, so I would expect they romp and he rolls up the stats. But I would take either of Waunakee's team-focused, both-sides-of-the-ball sophomores — Mitch Listau and Mason Steffen -- ahead of McCabe if I was putting together a "team".

I actually don't consider myself a "hater," I just watch a lot more basketball than highlight mixes (his are awesome btw) and really value two-way players who are committed to D. I also value players who keep their mouths shut and let their play do the talking. I'm sure some will disagree with me, and that's fine.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 10:50:10 AM »
Freebie,

Great post. Thanks.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »
Like him or not,don't think you have to worry about him coming to MU.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »
Whole lotta D1 schools that are cool on him instead of warm or hot.

Pretty telling.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
Like him or not,don't think you have to worry about him coming to MU.

This. Wojo isn't pursuing McCabe

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »
Freeport. Good post. I agree with many of your comments. To those people who say he is a D3 player are way off base.Like him or not he is a D1 player.I am not saying I want him at MU but I am willing to give him his due.Very good player that has worked extremely hard on his game.On another note the WBCA All State teams have been announced. Joey Hauser and Tyler Herro not unaminous selections. Really? Either some of the Coaches voting have no clue or have an agenda.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »
Any y'all know if Bumstead ever sniffed Paul Jesperson of Merrill, WI? Just sayin', ai na?'
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Any y'all know if Bumstead ever sniffed Paul Jesperson of Merrill, WI? Just sayin', ai na?'

Jesperson started at Virginia when Bennett went there.  (His high school coach is Brad Soderburg's brother so there was obviously a family connection.)  He transferred to UNI when he struggled in the ACC.  Neither UW nor MU recruited him.  Same class as Sam Dekker and Steve Taylor for reference.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
Dont have a dog in this fight.  The kid has a high bball iq.

Pettigue says he is best passer and ball handler in the nation.  Cant really state that as a fact but he is the best passer i have seen in a while.  I also have some first hand knowledge of his character and believe he is a quality young man.

Warching him play he is a baller plain and simple.  Attitude reminde of Travis Deiner.  You need players like him because he makes everyone around him play better.  They are ready to score because they know if they are open he will find them.  MU would be lucky to have him.

Fancy or not the kid can play...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:18:46 PM by CoachEllensonsCorner »
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »
Dont have a dog in this fight.  The kid has a high bball iq.

Pettigue says he is best passer and ball handler in the nation.  Cant really state that as a fact but he is the best passer i have seen in a while.  I also have some first hand knowledge of his character and believe he is a quality young man.

Warching him play he is a baller plain and simple.  Attitude reminde of Travis Deiner.  You need players like him because he makes everyone around him play better.  They are ready to score because they know if they are open he will find them.  MU would be lucky to have him.

Fancy or not the kid can play...
He is not anywhere close to being in the same league as Howard.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback