Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Feel bad for Henry  (Read 12031 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Feel bad for Henry
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:59 PM »
I don't care how much money you have, having tourney memories with your big brother can't be bought.

Actually, they can be. $50k will buy him tourney memories in the Vegas 16 with Wally.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
CTWarrior

Get your point. My point on once in 25 year player is based off what could have been. His numbers are off the charts now and only would have increased each year. He would have put numbers that never would be broken if he stayed four years. Stick with my once in 25 year guy.

Interesting question.  If you could go back to the start of the season and had you choice of Freshman year Henry, or Freshman year Dom, who would you take.

For this team, I'd take Dom.  Think we would have been an NCAA team with him.

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:45 AM »
Doing a quick search of mock drafts gives me hope HE will return.  I looked at 10 of them and only 2 had HE picked in the top 10.  If he's not a sure-fire top 10, why not gamble on yourself to improve?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2016, 06:35:21 AM »
Interesting question.  If you could go back to the start of the season and had you choice of Freshman year Henry, or Freshman year Dom, who would you take.

For this team, I'd take Dom.  Think we would have been an NCAA team with him.

Replace Henry with Dom?    Who rebounds?    Who is coaching?     I cannot picture a team that consistently has Sandy, Wally, Sacar, JaJuan guarding the post as a tournament team.     Wasn't Dom made better by Steve Novak's presence?    If you cheated off Steve, 3 pointer.   If you didn't cheat, open driving lane. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2016, 08:29:53 AM »
Actually, they can be. $50k will buy him tourney memories in the Vegas 16 with Wally.

Thinkin' outside the box, Doe.  I like it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
Fine then, I'm pulling our sponsorship of the Benny B thunderdome.  Think of it as a memory that never happened - because you don't care about money.

No worries, I'll still name a restroom for you, Rocky.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
Not one ounce of sorrow for HE...I am more concerned about what will be left behind...I mean this Top 5 Lottery pick couldn't turn this team into one of the top 100 teams in the country...the cupboard must really be bare

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
AGRRED!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »
Not one ounce of sorrow for HE...I am more concerned about what will be left behind...I mean this Top 5 Lottery pick couldn't turn this team into one of the top 100 teams in the country...the cupboard must really be bare

He isn't a top 5 lottery pick. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:07 PM »

Some of the mocks have him there, but I think you will be proven correct.  Lack of athleticism would make me nervous if I was a GM.  I do think he'll find a niche and be a very useful NBA player, though.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »
Any team that uses a lottery pick on him better be prepared to watch him struggle mightily on defense his first year. He is a tremendous offensive talent but was abused nightly by anyone 6-8 and muscular.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2016, 09:59:30 PM »

Just curious, where do you see him going?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 01:47:07 PM »
...I mean this Top 5 Lottery pick couldn't turn this team into one of the top 100 teams in the country...

I know this is meant to troll, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's more than one NBA scout who's said the exact same thing in their head and wondered about which part might be untrue, the lottery part or the top 100 part.

Though in Henry's defense, they could also be saying the same thing about Ben Simmons.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06:09 PM »
Any team that uses a lottery pick on him better be prepared to watch him struggle mightily on defense his first year. He is a tremendous offensive talent but was abused nightly by anyone 6-8 and muscular.

Dirk Nowitski has always struggled mightily on defense.  Is HE = Dirk?  Probably not, but IMO he could be a poor man's version.  His rookie season Nowitski shot 41% overall, 20% from 3, 77% from the line, and averaged 8.2 points in 21 minutes on a 19-31 Mavericks team.  HE's offense can carry him a long way if he can simply be not awful on D.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback