Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Butler did it.  (Read 10072 times)

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: The Butler did it.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
Not ready to play,whose problem is that? If you can't get jacked to play your best when your
playing for a seed in March, it might as well be November. No one but Henry showed up and I
have no idea what this team will look like next year. This team quit in the second half.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »
  • St John's, Xavier, Seton Hall, Villanova. Let's do this.

Kemba Walker led UCONN on an 11 game streak of destiny so we can wiggle out at least 4 right? ...

Sometimes you just get your butt kicked and you have to move on. I wonder if we somehow get to the BET final  with 22 wins and lose, whether we could get into the dance, but my strong inclination would be no to that.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Sometimes you just get your butt kicked and you have to move on. I wonder if we somehow get to the BET final  with 22 wins and lose, whether we could get into the dance, but my strong inclination would be no to that.

I was waiting for this :)

It's BET champs or bust

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
Kemba Walker led UCONN on an 11 game streak of destiny so we can wiggle out at least 4 right? ...

It's over. move on. Lets hope we get an NIT bid.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:52:44 PM by AirPunch »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 05:52:41 PM »

We're the seventh best team in a five bid league. The only way you get in like that is with a killer non-con, which we don't have. We have to win four at MSG to Dance.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

franklinjerry

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »
Please explain what Sandy has done the past 10 weeks to warrant 30 minutes today. I'm not a "let's get a look at the backup QB" person but can Anim be that horrible in practice?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
Well I don't mean he will leave.  I mean I just don't know how "important" he will be.
Yeah--I know. I think there will be options for him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »
1.Henry good
2.Team awful
3.Butler good
4.Chrabascz and Etherington are floppers.

Without HE we might have lost this one by 50.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »
1.Henry good
2.Team awful
3.Butler good
4.Chrabascz and Etherington are floppers.

Without HE we might have lost this one by 50.

This guy especially.  His flop in the second half with Wally, which the completely in over their head, incompetent refs bought and then called a flagrant, was just pitiful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 07:53:43 PM »
I've seen a lot of complaining this year about the refs. This time it is warranted.

Not as far as affecting the outcome - obviously, since MU made no effort to try to win - but it was far and away the worst I've seen this year in any conference.

Of course I am only talking about the 1st half. For the 2nd half, I put out the same efforts as MU today and turned the game off.

Yes, when it mattered, the officiating was as lopsidedly home cooking as I've seen this year.  Butler was getting every call, MU could get mugged and there was no call.  It mattered because MU was fighting back, but the refs totally controlled the game. 

Hard to say if it would have mattered, but MU had no chance thanks to the reffing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
The calls really did look worse at the game.  It was so bad that the Butler score stopped showing the replay of Marquette fouls, because there weren't any fouls.....

With 11 minutes to go in the first half, Marquette was down 5, then all hell broke loose....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:56 PM »
If you thought today's calls were bad, you should see what was just called on JFB for his 4th foul. It extends to MU alumni apparently.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 04:01:30 AM »
Please explain what Sandy has done the past 10 weeks to warrant 30 minutes today. I'm not a "let's get a look at the backup QB" person but can Anim be that horrible in practice?
SANDY did nothing. The rest of the team had, like 25 fouls at the half, meaning that someone off the bench had to play more minutes due to all the guys in foul trouble.  Best I can say is Sandy didn't embarrass himself, but he's not quick enough for this level of play.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2016, 06:50:41 AM »

There were only two real Warriors on the floor last night. Ellison was worth one and half. In the second he carried the team, was totally gassed, but never once quit, or asked to be taken out.

The other half was Carter. Say what you want about the guy, but he is hard assed mother, who takes "nutting from nobody", and goes full speed the whole time. He's going to be very good.

The other "where is the energy" starters should be embarrassed, especially since some of the lower end bench guys came in and at least tried hard to play as a team, albeit without much success.

franklinjerry

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
SANDY did nothing. The rest of the team had, like 25 fouls at the half, meaning that someone off the bench had to play more minutes due to all the guys in foul trouble.  Best I can say is Sandy didn't embarrass himself, but he's not quick enough for this level of play.

Agreed. We know Sandy can't play. Why not give his minutes of the past two months  to Sacar to explore if he's part of the future?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
Agreed. We know Sandy can't play. Why not give his minutes of the past two months  to Sacar to explore if he's part of the future?

We learned last year that's not how Wojo does it. FBOW, he is always playing to win. If he thinks Sandy helps more now, he'll get the minutes. I'm fine with that mindset. Not like there's the carrot of a draft pick.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »
We're the seventh best team in a five bid league. The only way you get in like that is with a killer non-con, which we don't have. We have to win four at MSG to Dance.

Yep. I've been riding the train for a possible at large bid for the past few weeks. It's over now.

feedback