[Today at 08:41:12 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Wojciechowski provides update on player availability vs. Villanova  (Read 3719 times)

MattVelazquez

Wojciechowski provides update on player availability vs. Villanova

On Wednesday, Marquette scored a 66-61 victory at Creighton despite two players missing the game. Freshman center Matt Heldt suffered a sprained left knee in practice on Monday and sophomore guard Sandy Cohen III was held out for disciplinary reasons.

Source: Wojciechowski provides update on player availability vs. Villanova

tower912

• All American
I really don't want to face Villanova with only 8 in uniform.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
So if Sandy is out for the Nova game, is that big impact, little impact, no impact?

This is not true generally, but I'm much more concerned about not having Matt for this game than Sandy. Luke HAS to stay out of foul trouble otherwise Henry will probably be even more gassed tomorrow than he was against Creighton.

Side note, I have to think MU really tries to slow the pace against Nova.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Windyplayer

• All American
Side note, I have to think MU really tries to slow the pace against Nova.
I hope so. We're not a great offensive rebounding team. Let's accept that tomorrow and get 5 back after every offensive possession at the expense of a few points on the offensive glass. I'm sure the prevention of transition points will be exponentially more beneficial than the occasional put-back.

HoopsterBC

• All American
Not sure Heldt would play anyway as they run really a 4 guard offense with 1 big who is somewhat athletic compared to Heldt.  Cohen would not help offensively as
he has been awful but defensively we would help as he is an athlete, maybe could have guarded Hart a little bit.

MUfan12

• All American
So if Sandy is out for the Nova game, is that big impact, little impact, no impact?

This is not true generally, but I'm much more concerned about not having Matt for this game than Sandy. Luke HAS to stay out of foul trouble otherwise Henry will probably be even more gassed tomorrow than he was against Creighton.

Little impact, but I disagree on Heldt v. Sandy's value tomorrow. Having a 6-6 wing defender is more important than a slower post against Nova.

GGGG

• All American
At the very least, Cohen has five fouls and the ability to give guys a breather. 

tower912

• All American
Villanova plays 4-out/1-in.  The mobile 6'6 guy is much more important.    I would rather see Sandy out there than Sacar at this point.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
Villanova plays 4-out/1-in.  The mobile 6'6 guy is much more important.    I would rather see Sandy out there than Sacar at this point.

Sacar held up well on the perimeter on Wednesday. Play both of 'em, and keep throwing fresh legs out there.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Anyone who is willing to NOT sprint out at a shooter and fly past him on a pump-fake would be helpful.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
I thought Sacar held his own in the first half with the exception of the missed lay up. I was surprised he didn't get minutes in the second half.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Wojo has been playing Sandy as the first choice backup at both SF and PF, getting 25% of the minutes at SF and 14% of the minutes at PF. He's also in the #2 and #3 most frequent lineups that Wojo rolls out according to Pomeroy.

Most frequent lineup (31%)
Duane, Cheatham, JJJ, Ellenson, Fischer

#2 (7%)
Carter, Cheatham, JJJ, Cohen, Ellenson

#3 (7%)
Carter, Wilson, Cohen, Ellenson, Fischer
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

WarriorPride68

• All American
Safe to say Sandy is atleast practicing with the guys this week?

Boozemon Barro

• All American
I'd be surprised if Heldt plays. He had an immobilization brace on at the CU game, which to me means it was a fairly serious sprain. Sandy also looked like he was walking very stiff. I thought by looking at him that he was injured and didn't learn that he had been suspended until after the game.

Windyplayer

• All American
I'd be surprised if Heldt plays. He had an immobilization brace on at the CU game, which to me means it was a fairly serious sprain. Sandy also looked like he was walking very stiff. I thought by looking at him that he was injured and didn't learn that he had been suspended until after the game.
Don't get all technical with us: boot or no boot.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Don't get all technical with us: boot or no boot.

Ummm... knee boot?

feedback