Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Radio  (Read 2801 times)

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
Radio
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:52:16 AM »
Has anyone else been having problems with the pathetic reception you get for the Marquette radio broadcasts? The channel's strength is very weak. You can hear other stations, the broadcasts fades in and out. It sucks.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
I had more problems earlier in the year than lately. I had good to very good reception last night on the east side. It was actually better than 1130 used to be. That being said, I still hate the fact I cannot drive home and listen anything about MU hoops. I still think they need to improve a lot though. Overall the new arrangement is a push from last year since I was able to take WISN off my presets.
But I like to throw handfuls...

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:00:50 AM »
I was driving down Water St. yesterday right after tip-off, in full view of the BC, and it was cutting out.  Then my internet decided to stop working.  I spent an hour and a half on hold with Time Warner while I listened to the static reception in my building.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
when your internet access fails you can always log onto MU Scoop through your WAP enabled cellphone  ;D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:20:12 AM »
I'll need to dip into the "MUScoop Scholarship Fund for the Expansion of B-ball Coverage for Poor Law Students" to get myself a new phone.  Contributions are welcome, the phone lines are open.  ;)

Tampa Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »
Has anyone else been having problems with the pathetic reception you get for the Marquette radio broadcasts? The channel's strength is very weak. You can hear other stations, the broadcasts fades in and out. It sucks.

I have really awful reception in Florida  ;)

Thank goodness for the (still free) internet feed.

It does concern me a bit, though, that we're apparently not on a station with a strong signal in the local market.