[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Point guard  (Read 6157 times)

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
Re: Point guard
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
I wouldn't say next year's recruiting class is bad. There just aren't many open scholarships, especially without knowing Henry's situation.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »
He should have been ready, he was like 21.

Let's see, Wisconsin has gone from the top of the Big Ten standings last year to ninth place currently.  I'd lose interest in following them, too.  At least you've come to the right place to follow a team on the rise as opposed to the decline.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »
One stat that sticks out to me today is that we had 6 assists on 27 made baskets.

I can't wait until TraCar is a sophomore. Obviously, the skill is there but his frequent bad decisions are killing me. We certainly have the right coaches to help him with that, but at times he seems like he made up his mind to make an entry pass, even when it is not there.

Always tough to win in the Beast. Even against a craptastic team like SJU.

Meathead

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
Because he wouldn't be doing any of that here. He's a low major player. Nothing wrong with that, but he never belonged here.

Seems odd we would take a transfer (Rowsey) out of that same conference, that many posters seem to feel will be a major elixir for our problems next year?

Odd logic being used around here.  Kind of reminds me of when I read this board and we get frustrated and ask, why can't we have a guard who can shoot the ball well from distance and the midrange - as these low major teams have when they come and play us?!

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
At least you've come to the right place to follow a team on the rise as opposed to the decline.

Teal?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »
I think Traci will be very good. Junior led an Elite 8 team and showed a few plays his freshman year. I think Traci has shown a lot of potential this year. I'm very excited about the future of his career.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
It is obvious looking at the point guard situation in the Big East that MU has probably the 10Th best PG in the league, until that is rectified  MU is going nowhere?
Even if Henry goes pro, which would be a big deal,  it is imperative to sign a point this spring?  Even UWM has a better point than MU, has to be a JC guard out there
that wants to start right away.  Watching Carter weave in and out against De Paul and not taking the shot reminded me of the last few years.  Have to solidify that position.  Marcus Howard can step in at Indy easily,  ASU gets Thon Maker than I can see Howard going there.  When he visits MU, it better be an average day, not to cold.

The other question I have, does anybody other than Stan Johnson help in recruiting.  Without Johnson they do not get Bailey, now Howard.  Looks to me this young staff
has a long way to go to recruit.  Yes, they did good last year, recruiting 1 player for next year is bad.  They have wiffed quite a bit lately.  Is there a concern?
Rowsey is waiting in the wings. He is a proven successful player and adds a dimension we are missing. So I am fine with our  2016 recruiting being Hauser and Rowsey. Beetle Bailey in two years is a plus.

We need to find a stud JC /grad transfer rebounder with the one open spot. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brandx

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 05:45:55 PM »
One stat that sticks out to me today is that we had 6 assists on 27 made baskets.

I can't wait until TraCar is a sophomore. Obviously, the skill is there but his frequent bad decisions are killing me. We certainly have the right coaches to help him with that, but at times he seems like he made up his mind to make an entry pass, even when it is not there.

Always tough to win in the Beast. Even against a craptastic team like SJU.

He's got a ways to go, but he showed today that he has to be on the floor when the other team was pressing. We lost the big lead while he was on the bench and Haanif and Sandy were bumbling around with the ball.

Dahmerville

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:52 PM »
Let's see, Wisconsin has gone from the top of the Big Ten standings last year to ninth place currently.  I'd lose interest in following them, too.  At least you've come to the right place to follow a team on the rise as opposed to the decline.

I follow Big 12 teams that seem to have their choice of MU recruits.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »
Y'know MU looked like a much better team before conference play began. Started 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore, 1 junior vs. DePaul. Very young team in a very tough conference (4 team ranked top 10 this year.) Gee, tell me, why do they struggle?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 06:15:11 PM »
Y'know MU looked like a much better team before conference play began. Started 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore, 1 junior vs. DePaul. Very young team in a very tough conference (4 team ranked top 10 this year.) Gee, tell me, why do they struggle?

Isn't St.Johns even younger? They are Kenpom #250 team in country. Should have beat these guys

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
My point is young teams and players specifically are usually inconsistent. MU beats  top 10 ranked Providence on the road then seems to forget how to play and losses 3 in a row including to DePaul at home.

I hate it. I really do as a fan. But there is no way we should be writing off players or the team or the coach at this point. They just need time.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »
Isn't St.Johns even younger?

My point exactly. How many games in a row has St. John's lost? Yes, MU struggled and blew a bit lead, but they won, on the road, in the BE! Something to build on.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:28:43 PM by Ruby »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
My point exactly. How many games in a row has St. John's lost? Yes, MU struggled and blew a bit lead, but they won, on the road, in the BE! Something to build on.

Beating St.Johns is ridiculously easy. I can't see them winning a game enless it's to DePaul

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »
Beating St.Johns is ridiculously easy. I can't see them winning a game enless it's to DePaul

Don't tell Syracuse, who lost to St. John's by 12 points.  The same Syracuse that beat Duke.   Gotta love college basketball

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
Don't tell Syracuse, who lost to St. John's by 12 points.  The same Syracuse that beat Duke.   Gotta love college basketball

I get what your saying. But the Johnnies did lose to Incarnate Word at home by 20, New Jersey Institute of Technology at home by 9, and lost to Fordham by 16.

How many conference wins do the Johnnies win, 2?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
NJIT who almost won at Marquette and won at #17 Michigan.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »
NJIT who almost won at Marquette and won at #17 Michigan.

...last year they beat a 16-16 Michigan team that imploded last year. Marquette was 13-19 last year.

This year NJIT is 11-10.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 07:26:03 PM »
It is obvious looking at the point guard situation in the Big East that MU has probably the 10Th best PG in the league, until that is rectified  MU is going nowhere?
Even if Henry goes pro, which would be a big deal,  it is imperative to sign a point this spring?  Even UWM has a better point than MU, has to be a JC guard out there
that wants to start right away.  Watching Carter weave in and out against De Paul and not taking the shot reminded me of the last few years.  Have to solidify that position.  Marcus Howard can step in at Indy easily,  ASU gets Thon Maker than I can see Howard going there.  When he visits MU, it better be an average day, not to cold.

The other question I have, does anybody other than Stan Johnson help in recruiting. 
What was your first question.
(I was going to add a ? At the end of the question but not in this thread).

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 09:05:47 PM »
And let me jump early on the Meathead=Ners bandwagon.
Ner's to Deeznuts to Meathead....the posts are obviously the same but the name progressions confuse me.

Dahmerville can't be a new troll/idiot anyone identify his old personas?  I don't recognize the craziness.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 09:16:09 PM »
And let me jump early on the Meathead=Ners bandwagon.

I can only hope to impact someone's life the way John Dawson has impacted his.

feedback