[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: WALLY  (Read 3494 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
WALLY
« on: January 16, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »
Finally proved himself for significant minutes? Ive always thought the team played better with him out there. More defense, flashes on offense like no one else, solid movement when hes on the court.

Finally see significant minutes for him here on out?

mhendrick

• Starter
Re: WALLY
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:27:25 PM »
love Wallys fire, passion and effort. Wish Henry had half of it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:56:11 PM »
He even has a really nice pull up jumper.  Really like Wally.  Would like to see him and JJJ get more minutes. 

Wally should be coming in for Sandy when he needs a breather.  JJJ and Cheatham are interchangeable.  Duane and Carter should split minutes 25/15.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »
The next time I see frickin Sandy jogging back on D and yelling at a teammate to temporarily guard his man until he arrives........Wally should be rushing to the scorer's table taking off his warmup.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
He even has a really nice pull up jumper.  Really like Wally.  Would like to see him and JJJ get more minutes. 

Wally should be coming in for Sandy when he needs a breather.  JJJ and Cheatham are interchangeable.  Duane and Carter should split minutes 25/15.
Cheatham needs more minutes than JJJ. He's going to be a star.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
Cheatham will be a star.  Cheatham lacks experience though and it shows.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:08 AM »
Cheatham needs more minutes than JJJ. He's going to be a star.
He is a star in my book.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »

Because you know better than Wojo what his offense needs at point guard?  Duane can handle some minutes at point guard, but a coaching staff that should know point guard play as well as any likes Traci and Haanif at the point better than Duane.  This coaching staff is going to put Duane in a position to succeed, not force him into a role that he's not ideal for just to get the five highest scoring players out on the floor.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »
i don't pretend to know more than wojo about his players...but i do think you can look at certain players and make a decision that it may cost you a game or two now to make a point, but you're going to have a standard to step on the court.  there are some soft players on this team...and wally's effort should be the norm.  that said, i thought buzz was GREAT at both recruiting and demanding toughness from his players, and his last MU team was soft as could be.  bottom line, i don't think wojo has sh!t to work with at this point.  it's going to take 3-4 years to see how wojo and co. can develop current talent and continue to recruit.  i can't believe he'll stand for coaching soft teams/players. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 12:30:54 PM »
i don't pretend to know more than wojo about his players...but i do think you can look at certain players and make a decision that it may cost you a game or two now to make a point, but you're going to have a standard to step on the court.  there are some soft players on this team...and wally's effort should be the norm.  that said, i thought buzz was GREAT at both recruiting and demanding toughness from his players, and his last MU team was soft as could be.  bottom line, i don't think wojo has sh!t to work with at this point.  it's going to take 3-4 years to see how wojo and co. can develop current talent and continue to recruit.  i can't believe he'll stand for coaching soft teams/players.

Honestly, I think that you are overreacting to a 12 day period where the team played three top ten teams - knocking one of them out of the top ten in the process.  Remember this team starts three freshmen, a sophomore, and a junior, and has no seniors.  And half the team originally committed to play for Buzz.  Many of Buzz's tougher players came in with JUCO experience. 

I agree that Wojo won't stand for softness in his players, yet, I believe that the primary attribute that he'll recruit will be talent.  He'll count on his staff's ability to get teach them toughness when they get here.  Buzz got the team moving in the right direction quickly with JUCOs.  IMO, emphasizing the recruitment of freshmen will take longer, but it will make the program more stable with less chance for down years in the future.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »
R-E-L-A-X.

We have 4 Big East losses.  Our 4 losses are to the top 3 teams in the conference and one of 3 teams tied for 4th. 

3 of our 6 losses this year have come against top 10 teams.  All 6 losses could be against NCAA Tournament teams.  Talking about us not being physical enough to compete, being 3-4 years away, having nothing to work with, etc. is absurd.

We get 2 games against a very beatable Creighton team, 2 games against a bad DePaul team, 1 game against a bad St. John's, and then a home game against Georgetown and road game against Seton Hall.  Plus you get Providence at home (who you already beat on the road).  We have had a very tough schedule to start the conference season.  Freaking out about losing to 2 top 5 teams (in this coming week's rankings) is laughable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
Because you know better than Wojo what his offense needs at point guard?  Duane can handle some minutes at point guard, but a coaching staff that should know point guard play as well as any likes Traci and Haanif at the point better than Duane.  This coaching staff is going to put Duane in a position to succeed, not force him into a role that he's not ideal for just to get the five highest scoring players out on the floor.

My thought was that for at least 15 minutes of the 25 that Duane would be in for Carter, Cheatham would cover PG duties. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
He is a star in my book.

Your standards for stardom are too low.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »

Your standards for stardom are too low.
Wally is #1 in my heart

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »
This new name fits my thoughts. Plus Burr is now retired

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 02:35:40 PM »
This new name fits my thoughts. Plus Burr is now retired

Hopefully, you don't have the same effect on Wally!

dbwarriors

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 08:58:48 PM »
He should start. I don't care what HS ratings state. By far one of the top 5 players during these games on the court. Doesn't focus his energy on turning the ball over, which is a breath of fresh air.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »
He should start. I don't care what HS ratings state. By far one of the top 5 players during these games on the court. Doesn't focus his energy on turning the ball over, which is a breath of fresh air.

There are times where I start to think that Duane and tracy secretly play for the other team