[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SJU thoughts  (Read 15283 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: SJU thoughts
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »
A poorly timed car fire will do that.  Citizenry is so inconsiderate.

Got a guy who works for me had a car fire last Sunday. Driving in the middle of nowhere Kansas, and the wiring under he passenger seat starts a fire.  Scary

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »
Everything that could go wrong did go wrong in the first half. Early foul trouble for Luke, early foul trouble for Hank, JJJ out with possible concussion, Duane missing everything, SJU hitting everything.

We still won. It was against a crappy team but good to know we can recover when everything seems to be going the other teams way.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brandx

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 05:29:24 PM »
Some additional thoughts:

A) From Section 214, this looked like one of the worst officiated games in a long time. It wasn't that the refs were bad, it was that they were inconsistent and at times looked like they were waiting for a peer to blow a whistle.

I agree. Luckily they were equally bad for both teams.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
B) I felt like it was Luke's 3rd (or 4th?) foul was especially unwise, when he stepped out from behind a pick way out beyond the 3-pt line. He needed to play smarter.

G) I think Wednesday's game is AT Villanova, right? There's no way this team is good enough to look beyond even St. John's at home to going on the road at Villanova. Have we ever won in Philly?

Ever won in philly? Yes. Lol.

The game OX got hurt with DJO snd Jae
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 05:42:45 PM »
It was nice to hit our free throws at the end of the game, again.

3P shooting was the only way SJU could stay in the game.  Once 3P% started to even out MU pulled ahead.

The old Buzzism -- Make more free throws than your opponent takes-- true once again.

Must fix the TO problem.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »
10 straight down the stretch?    Well done, young men.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 06:32:05 PM »
Some additional thoughts:

E) Beginning to see Wojo's fingerprints on this team. Love the hustle and willingness to get dirty chasing and diving for loose balls. These guys are scrappy and I really liked Traci Carter's defense.

I don't think he gets enough credit for this, and could be the reason why he gets the minutes he gets.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »
I don't think he gets enough credit for this, and could be the reason why he gets the minutes he gets.
Must...not...make....Derrick....comment... Fighting.....so....hard.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 07:00:35 PM »
On another note, anyone else think St. John's uniforms were pretty awesome?  Nice change up for them. 

jsheim

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 07:01:27 PM »
Reality checks:
DP and STJ are better than we think...they just wilt at the end...sure their records will be bad...but they can scare anyone.

We are freshmen young and need a year to consistently show our potential...given that, its going to be a roller coaster this year...enjoy the ride!

We "can" compete with anyone on their typical day...so not even wednesdays away game with nova will i chalk up a loss. All are possible and X at home saturday im looking for a win.

BE final standings will be more compressed this year than last...in my opinion.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
The Johnnies deserve more respect than they were getting.  They will be tough in NY.

jsheim

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »
On another note, anyone else think St. John's uniforms were pretty awesome?  Nice change up for them.

Yes, different look. Liked it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 07:07:39 PM »
The Johnnies deserve more respect than they were getting.  They will be tough in NY.

Yeah if I were a SJU fan, I would like what Mullin is doing there. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »
They probably have message board denizens saying he is over his head and should be fired.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 07:59:37 PM »
LOL. I feel your pain.
I remember those days quite well...  8-)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »
Got a guy who works for me had a car fire last Sunday. Driving in the middle of nowhere Kansas, and the wiring under he passenger seat starts a fire.  Scary

Holy Crap that would be scary.  I hope he is alright.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »
How about 10 for 10 FT shooting the last minute of the game?  8 for 8 by freshmen.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 09:59:31 PM »
Everything that could go wrong did go wrong in the first half. Early foul trouble for Luke, early foul trouble for Hank, JJJ out with possible concussion, Duane missing everything, SJU hitting everything.

We still won. It was against a crappy team but good to know we can recover when everything seems to be going the other teams way.

My thoughts precisely.

They all won't be things of beauty. We had some adversity today, most of it self-inflicted, but we survived and won.

Next!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2016, 01:01:40 AM »

Yeah if I were a SJU fan, I would like what Mullin is doing there.

Loved the time out where they showed him reading the stat sheet and not saying anything to the team.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 05:22:36 AM »
The ugly games are our "must win" games. 
Nice to see Du hit some 3's.
Really enjoying the late game poise this team has shown a few times now. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »
Best part: free throws down the stretch.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »
Best part: free throws down the stretch.

What a difference from last year.   So important at the end of the game, you either give the other team Hope or you close the door in their face.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »

St. Johns didn't look crappy to me. If Sima is back when we play them there I'll be worried. We have to be the worst shooting team in the Big East and everyone knows it. You would think with two 6'10" guys we should at least break even getting offensive rebounds but our guys can't jump. After watching that game the crappy team won.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
Loved the time out where they showed him reading the stat sheet and not saying anything to the team.
Can you imagine what the anti Wojo contingency would've said had Wojo done that?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
Can you imagine what the anti Wojo contingency would've said had Wojo done that?
I did think the announcers went out of their way to put a positive spin on a coach doing nothing.
I have said many times and I think this is an example of where the refs can favor a team by how they call the game. They called the game equally, but they put emphasises on certain areas. This game it seemed to me they were watching for charges and not much else. I think I saw St. John's travel around 10 times without being called. Of course that is through biased eyes, so they probably only got away with 5 travels. My point is in basketball you never know before the game what the refs are going to allow and not allow. When we play St. John's in New York I hope they are watching for travels. My least favorite player in the Big East for some time now has been Ryan Arcidiacono. I have found they player to replace him when he finally graduates. Federico Mussino may look like a high school player, but he consistently travels and gets away with it. But it was his two plays near the end of the game that made me dislike him. He threw his arms up and hit Fischer as he came down court and Fischer got called for his fifth foul. He tried the same thing the next time they had the ball and nothing got called. He may look like a choir boy, but he is a dirty player.

feedback