Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Get a Freaking Grip  (Read 9233 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Get a Freaking Grip
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »

After reading some of these posts, it reminds me of the "Y2K"  discussions.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

source?

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2016, 03:48:37 PM »
You need to go beat the crap out of Ners...just sayin...

Hey, we all had to endure Ners' self-jerkoff-b*tchfest. I want in.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »
After reading some of these posts, it reminds me of the "Y2K"  discussions.
Or "climate change" discussions. Talk about chicken little.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

legacy

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »
Final thought. As I've said in here before, all Marquette fandom can be divided into three parts. The Al era, the Dukiet/Deane era and the Crean/O'Neill/Hillbilly era. We Al era fans want another national championship in our lifetime and see that falling further into the future. The Dukiet/Deane era fans see Bob Dukiet II emerging while the Crean/O'Neill/Hillbilly fans are just frustrated because of our success during much of the Hillbilly's reign.

Except the fact that O'Neill coached in between Dukiet and Deane.  I think the Sweet 18 under O'Neill was a blip or aberration.  There was Al domination, there was the post-Al decline, there was second rate conference era, and then there was Crean/Buzz/Big East success. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2016, 05:48:53 PM »

Let me put it this way.  On Wednesday night, Wally made a big difference in the first half.  Not because he is an overly skilled player, but he is tough, experienced and hustles.  In the second half, he barely saw the floor.  Sandy was still out there even though he clearly was having a poor game.  And when Sandy has a poor game, he disappears.  He played 25 minutes with no points, rebounds or assists.  But Sandy IMO will usually win a "basketball skills" competition versus Wally.

You need a mix IMO.  Not just in the Big East, but in college basketball in general.  That is why I mentioned JJJ earlier.  He can make dumb mistakes, but he is quick and generally hustles.

I usually don't bitch about playing time, but I was a little surprised Wally didn't play a few meaningful minutes in the second half when it became obvious the team needed a jolt.

His run in the first half was by far his best as a Warrior, and Wojo was so excited about it he hugged Wally. I'm a big believer in earning one's minutes, and I thought Wally might have earned a few in the second half because the guys out there weren't getting it done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback