[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Conference Results  (Read 85855 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
Creighton won't win the league, but they are a legit tourney contender. I think the Big East has an outside chance at 7 teams this year.

I don't think we will be one of them.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
I don't think we will be one of them.

For the league to have a shot at 7, we would need DePaul and St. John's to suck bad (combine for 32+ losses) and one other team to be pretty bad (12 losses). That would allow for 7 teams to go 9-9 or better. If the right teams (Butler, Providence) went 9-9 it'd be possible. The problem is that third bad team would likely have to be one of Georgetown, Marquette, Creighton, or Seton Hall. Doesn't look like it will be Creighton or the Hall, so I'm really hoping it's Georgetown ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
Really curious to see what happens between Creighton and Providence tonight. Creighton coming off an impressive road win thereby announcing themselves as contenders in the BE and Providence coming off the underwhelming loss to our boys.
I am looking forward to Creighton Providence as well. Should be a good environment.

Xavier comfortably beating Depaul.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
For the league to have a shot at 7, we would need DePaul and St. John's to suck bad (combine for 32+ losses) and one other team to be pretty bad (12 losses). That would allow for 7 teams to go 9-9 or better. If the right teams (Butler, Providence) went 9-9 it'd be possible. The problem is that third bad team would likely have to be one of Georgetown, Marquette, Creighton, or Seton Hall. Doesn't look like it will be Creighton or the Hall, so I'm really hoping it's Georgetown ;D

This time last year it didn't look like Seton hall would be missing the tourney, either.  Maybe someone will again suggest that Whitehead isn't the second coming of LeBron and the locker room will again implode.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016, 06:55:25 PM »
This time last year it didn't look like Seton hall would be missing the tourney, either.  Maybe someone will again suggest that Whitehead isn't the second coming of LeBron and the locker room will again implode.

Definitely possible, but I can't see that level of collapse again. They might miss the tourney, but I think they'll at least be in the 8-10 win range.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
I think your analysis is pretty accurate. 7 would have been more attainable if Georgetown would have performed better in the non conference.   They are going to need to beat U Conn when they get the chance.

Will be interesting to see how Creighton defends their home court tonight.   They already have two road wins.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »
Great Finish. Watson with a great basket and then Dunn came back at the last second and made the winning shot for Providence.

Big East represented very well.

Looking forward to our game out at Creighton and rematch with Providence.
            ---Al McGuire

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »
That game was so similar to ours against Providence. Creighton took control early while PC played like crap, but couldn't hit any shots to put it out of reach. PC climbs back late and takes the lead. Dunn takes the last shot, but since he wasn't triple teamed the ball finds a way to go in.

jsheim

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »
CR and PV was ugly. We can beat CR. They have great frenetic help defense though. They will turn us over.

I wonder if its something about tht creighton gym or rims or whatever....no one could hit a shot until the end. Weird.

Im glad PV won though they are not what everyone thinks they are.

10-8 WILL get us in the tourney. Because top 5 BE will go and #6 if 10-8 will go too. Too many people worried about the RPI...reminds me of Y2K...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »
I've heard of "shooter's touch," but that bounce Dunn got was amazing. I at first thought it had been tipped in because I didn't think there was any way Dunn's shot -- which actually was quite a bit off -- had gone in.

It was like, "thud ... ummmm ... ok ... I'll go in."
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
Great Finish. Watson with a great basket and then Dunn came back at the last second and made the winning shot for Providence.

Big East represented very well.

Looking forward to our game out at Creighton and rematch with Providence.

Don't know if I'd agree this game was a good representation of the Big East--maybe the end, but the first half was pretty atrocious.  The score was 3-0 until something like 6 minutes in.  Teams were like 0-20 for a stretch there.  Ugly start to the game.

I've heard of "shooter's touch," but that bounce Dunn got was amazing. I at first thought it had been tipped in because I didn't think there was any way Dunn's shot -- which actually was quite a bit off -- had gone in.

It was like, "thud ... ummmm ... ok ... I'll go in."

Agreed--I thought he clanged it off the back of the rim, and was confused when the ball somehow went in.  Amazingly soft touch to get that to fall in the way that he did.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lKndf7pgYFQ&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=102" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lKndf7pgYFQ&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=102</a>

Action starts at 1:42

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »
Solid win for Georgetown tonight. They are now 4-1 in conference. I think the next key event for them is to secure a win over U Conn.  Would be very helpful to the conference.
            ---Al McGuire

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »
Now we're the cupcake.

"NOM NOM NOM NOM"

-Xavier

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »
Solid win for Georgetown tonight. They are now 4-1 in conference. I think the next key event for them is to secure a win over U Conn.  Would be very helpful to the conference.
Eh,I don't think beating a team flirting with an RPI over 200 (197) is a solid win. Though, I see your point--conference road win.

Georgetown's 4-1 conference record is about as indicative as Butler's 1-3 conference record. Their wins are over DePaul 2X, SJU, and us.

Rubber meets the road soon for those boys. We'll see what they're made of.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »
Eh,I don't think beating a team flirting with an RPI over 200 (197) is a solid win. Though, I see your point--conference road win.

Georgetown's 4-1 conference record is about as indicative as Butler's 1-3 conference record. Their wins are over DePaul 2X, SJU, and us.

Rubber meets the road soon for those boys. We'll see what they're made of.

Precisely. Through the luck of a computer, Hoyas land DePaul twice in 10 days to start the season. Marquette would be 4-1 as well with that schedule. Except for DePaul and St. John's the early season table position means nothing until January 31.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
Precisely. Through the luck of a computer, Hoyas land DePaul twice in 10 days to start the season. Marquette would be 4-1 as well with that schedule. Except for DePaul and St. John's the early season table position means nothing until January 31.
I think it helps the Big East to have Georgetown rack up a few easy wins and get a decent early conference record to offset their non conference woes . Marquee Value of the Georgetown name is still worth something in many peoples eyes. 
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »
I think it helps the Big East to have Georgetown rack up a few easy wins and get a decent early conference record to offset their non conference woes . Marquee Value of the Georgetown name is still worth something in many peoples eyes.

When they finish 7-11 in conference with a losing overall record, it will probably lose some of that luster.

I'll say this...if we have any even slight NCAA aspirations, we need Georgetown just as surely as we need to beat DePaul and St. John's.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »
When they finish 7-11 in conference with a losing overall record, it will probably lose some of that luster.

I'll say this...if we have any even slight NCAA aspirations, we need Georgetown just as surely as we need to beat DePaul and St. John's.
We definitely need to beat Georgetown. That is why I want them to rack up wins before we beat them.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
Butler handling St. Johns easily. 
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
Solid win by Villanova over Georgetown. Seton Hall puts on a good first half performance against Providence. Lets see if they can hold it.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2016, 05:47:19 PM »
Seton Hall big road win versus Providence
            ---Al McGuire

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »
Seton Hall big road win versus Providence
PC looking more like a fringe Top 25 team.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »
I question whether MU is good enough to sweep DePaul

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2016, 07:17:04 PM »
I question whether MU is good enough to sweep DePaul
Tomorrow is a good day for the whole coaching staff to go and watch the Creighton DePaul game. Scout both teams at the same time.
            ---Al McGuire

feedback