Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More Big East Love  (Read 2563 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
More Big East Love
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »
Comments from Andy Katz, Jeff Goodman and Dana O'Neil giving lost of love to the Big East.

http://www.thebaynet.com/news/daily-word-looking-ahead-to-conference-races.html

(That's all you get per Rocky's caving to the PC police here)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: More Big East Love
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »
Comments from Andy Katz, Jeff Goodman and Dana O'Neil giving lost of love to the Big East.

Hmm, Katz mentions Creighton as one of a few teams that can beat the top 4 but not MU. That's a bit of a head-scratcher. Their two best wins are against UMASS and Western Illinois, #169 and #215 RPIs, respectively, and they have a loss to Loyola-Chicago (#225). I honestly think Katz meant to say MU.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
Hmm, Katz mentions Creighton as one of a few teams that can beat the top 4 but not MU. That's a bit of a head-scratcher. Their two best wins are against UMASS and Western Illinois, #169 and #215 RPIs, respectively, and they have a loss to Loyola-Chicago (#225). I honestly think Katz meant to say MU.

Then O'Neil says MU can compete for the top of the league and not Creighton. 

Go figure.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 01:53:03 PM »
Then O'Neil says MU can compete for the top of the league and not Creighton. 

Go figure.
Right. It makes no sense. Think Katz just mailed it in.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 01:59:16 PM »

Rocky didn't cave in to the PC police. Rocky agreed with numerous others that MU beat writer Matt Velazquez deserved to have his JS articles clicked on.

I'm not sure why you would claim otherwise or what that has to do with this thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
Right. It makes no sense. Think Katz just mailed it in.

Away from this Katz also said has Xavier as a final four team (with the usual caveat that the final four is not determined this week).

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »
PC police? How is that even relative?

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
PC police? How is that even relative?

Obviously because Providence College is in the Big East.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »
Rocky didn't cave in to the PC police. Rocky agreed with numerous others that MU beat writer Matt Velazquez deserved to have his JS articles clicked on.

I'm not sure why you would claim otherwise or what that has to do with this thread.

I'd like Heisenberg to try a little experiment.  If he's already purchased an MU game program this year, make a bunch of photo copies and hand them out and/or sell them before the game tomorrow night.  If he hasn't purchased one yet, he should buy one tomorrow night, make photo copies, and hand them out and/or sell them at the next home game.  See if Marquette gets all PC on him.

I have a hard time understanding why someone would rail against asking him to not steal Velazquez's work.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »
I really, really hope we have March success this year. All this November/December love is great, but if we get 6 bids and 5 of the teams are gone before the first weekend is done and the other can't get past the Sweet 16 like last year, it'll be a bit disappointing.

At this point, Xavier, Butler, and Villanova all seem to have Final Four potential. I'm hesitant on 'Nova because while they have a great tourney resume they don't have a signature win, and lost both of their top-10 chances by double-digits.

Providence, Marquette, and Seton Hall all look like they have NCAA aspirations, but PC and MU are both heavily reliant on their star player while Seton Hall was just as impressive last year before imploding. I could see any of them making the second weekend, but those teams would need to improve to get deeper.

Georgetown and Creighton, I don't know. Both look like NIT hopefuls.

DePaul and St. John's, well, frankly they just seem to suck. If we're going to hope for 6-7 bids, though, someone has to suck. Would be best for the Big East if these teams combined for 2 league wins.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback