collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Force Awakens *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 18223 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: The Force Awakens *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
Why does the mom need to be a Kenobi? So everyone in the jedi order was flaunting the rules and having secret families (Anakin, Obi wan, Windu(cause Finn must be his kid))?

I just don't buy it.

The chastity rule is a prequel thing, so not important.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2016, 09:26:31 AM »
The chastity rule is a prequel thing, so not important.

Prequels matter and if the chastity thing applies in the prequels, when III ends Kenobi is probably 35 and doesn't yet have a kid. There is about 20 years between III and IV then about 5 between IV and VI and 19 between VI and VII. So Kenobi has a daughter and a granddaughter(Rey is probably 18 at the youngest) in 44 years? Is Tantooine Beloit?

Other point, Rey speaks with a Core accent meaning one of her parents likely had to be from the Core or she had to be raised on a Core planet before being dropped off on Jakku. Unlikely someone raised on Tantooine and Jakku gets that accent.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »
Since your brought it up and I've been thinking about it:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Ingourious Basterds
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
6. Django
7. Hateful Eight
8. Death Proof

5-7 are pretty much a toss-up. I'd like to see Hateful Eight again before I really set it there though.

I would rank them this way.  I know, how can you not have Pulp Fiction 1, or top 3.  I like the movie, but for whatever reason (maybe the hype), just never had it at number 1.  Reservoir Dogs is one of those movies whenever it is on, I cannot turn it off.  Very simple, but love it.  Jackie Brown, super underrated in my view.

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Ingourious Bastards
3. Jackie Brown
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Django
6. Hateful Eight
7. Kill Bill vol 1 
8. Kill Vill vol 2
8. Death Proof

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
Prequels matter and if the chastity thing applies in the prequels, when III ends Kenobi is probably 35 and doesn't yet have a kid. There is about 20 years between III and IV then about 5 between IV and VI and 19 between VI and VII. So Kenobi has a daughter and a granddaughter(Rey is probably 18 at the youngest) in 44 years? Is Tantooine Beloit?

Other point, Rey speaks with a Core accent meaning one of her parents likely had to be from the Core or she had to be raised on a Core planet before being dropped off on Jakku. Unlikely someone raised on Tantooine and Jakku gets that accent.

No, it doesn't. Just like how all the other inconsistencies don't match either trilogy. Hell, the term "Sith" is never used in the OT, nor Sith is known every member that is a Sith becomes a "Darth". Or that Obi-Wan's robes in A New Hope were not designed for bearing the desert climate of Tattoiine, but apparently became the traditional Jedi garb in the PT. Literally, George either never made up anything new for PT or added something weird and pointless (i.e., Jedis becoming emotionless and boring monks).
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »
No, it doesn't. Just like how all the other inconsistencies don't match either trilogy. Hell, the term "Sith" is never used in the OT, nor Sith is known every member that is a Sith becomes a "Darth". Or that Obi-Wan's robes in A New Hope were not designed for bearing the desert climate of Tattoiine, but apparently became the traditional Jedi garb in the PT. Literally, George either never made up anything new for PT or added something weird and pointless (i.e., Jedis becoming emotionless and boring monks).

So you think the PT canon will just be ignored going forward? I'm not saying I like the PT canon but I don't think you can just ignore it like it never happened. Believe me, I hate the midiclorian bull$hit but it's there now. Unless someone wants to go back and remake the PT, which I would 100% support
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
Not much love for Death Proof it seems - to me that is easily better than the drawn out Kill Bill flicks, I loved Russell's character and acting; I need to see Jackie Brown again so I'm placing that last as it was apparently forgettable to me

1. Pulp Fiction (my all time favorite movie)
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Hateful 8
5. Death Proof
6. Kill Bill(s)
7. Django Unchained
8. Jackie Brown

🏀

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2016, 07:53:06 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »
Plenty of internet theories on who is Snoke.

Just watched The Force Awakens for the 2nd time and I think the Jar Jar Binks theory can be crossed off the list.  Noticed Lord Snoke has 5 fingers per hand while Jar Jar only had 4.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2016, 08:14:08 AM »
Just watched The Force Awakens for the 2nd time and I think the Jar Jar Binks theory can be crossed off the list.  Noticed Lord Snoke has 5 fingers per hand while Jar Jar only had 4.

Maybe that's the Space Balls 2 storyline, Jar Jar Binks to the dark side?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »
I just saw the movie for the first time last week, and I'm not going through 7 pages of discussion, but I at least want to be on record as saying that Rey is essentially going to end up being the reincarnation of either Anakin (or maybe Schmi or Anakin's father).

Paraphrasing Maz here: "No one in your past is coming back for you.  But there's still one who may."  Implication: Your ancestry is gone, but not your descendants.

Not to mention... remember how everyone was blown away by Vader's (Anakin's) "No. I am your father"... think about the mind explosions next year if/when Luke says to Rey, "No. You are my father.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

My apologies if someone beat me to it, in which case, at least there's more than one genius here.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
I just saw the movie for the first time last week, and I'm not going through 7 pages of discussion, but I at least want to be on record as saying that Rey is essentially going to end up being the reincarnation of either Anakin (or maybe Schmi or Anakin's father).

Paraphrasing Maz here: "No one in your past is coming back for you.  But there's still one who may."  Implication: Your ancestry is gone, but not your descendants.

Not to mention... remember how everyone was blown away by Vader's (Anakin's) "No. I am your father"... think about the mind explosions next year if/when Luke says to Rey, "No. You are my father.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

My apologies if someone beat me to it, in which case, at least there's more than one genius here.

Interesting theory. My only problem with it is that I don't believe reincarnation is a thing in the Star Wars universe. I know a lot of the lore and expanded mythos, but not all and I am unfamiliar with that being a thing.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »

Either you are playing the typical Benny B troll moment and are just scamming Reddit spoiler material or I'm concerned that you might be clairvoyant.

Reddit just had a bunch of "spoiler" material come out that is claiming that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin....a sort of Matrix plot line where the force creates a "chosen one" when needed to restore balance to the force. This is backed up, in theory, by some of the Mortis material in that Clone Wars arc.

I don't buy it, but who knows. Plus JJ just said on Friday that Rey's parents weren't in TFA(which I also don't buy)...buckle up, this could get nuts.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2016, 09:21:04 AM »
Not sure where Benny is going, but that's been a theory since December. I don't buy it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2016, 12:25:40 PM »
Interesting theory. My only problem with it is that I don't believe reincarnation is a thing in the Star Wars universe. I know a lot of the lore and expanded mythos, but not all and I am unfamiliar with that being a thing.

I know nothing about the lore or canon of Star Wars... honestly, I don't think I've even watched IV or V start-to-end in a single sitting (I have seen both in their entirety, just in parts/pieces).  What I do know is that a) Disney likes to do things their own way and b) JJ, Rian and Colin all have a writing and directorial history that involves heavy utilization of flashbacks, flash-forwards, story arcs, time travel, parallel dimensions, etc.

'Reincarnation' is probably a misleading term... I don't mean this in the "spiritual" context, i.e. Hinduism or Buddhism; rather, I'm using this in a science-fiction context involving the overlap of alternate realities.  This can be accomplished via time travel, parallel dimensions, and/or - I suppose - the force.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.