Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trey Schwab...keep him in your thoughts: Update. RIP Trey. Beautiful soul.  (Read 10313 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Trey sent this out about an hour ago.

I've emailed all of you who I have working email addresses for with this news already, but just wanted to update the rest of you. 

My condition isn't getting any better, and I'm at a point now where my only chance for survival would be to get another lung transplant. The rejection that my body has been throwing at my transplanted lungs has done so much damage, despite all of our efforts to stop it, that I'm back on oxygen all of the time again. Things are only going to continue to go downhill from here unfortunately.

We are working with several out-of-state transplant centers in an effort to get listed for a re-transplant. Unfortunately, the odds of this happening are pretty long. 

Please keep my family and myself in your thoughts and prayers as we move through this process. No matter how this turns out, I've been very blessed to have received my double lung transplant nearly 12 years ago, and to have enjoyed 10 really good and healthy years during that time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:44:24 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Trey Schwab...keep him in your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 10:11:53 PM »
Trey is one tough, courageous and special guy. Good thoughts and prayers his way.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:49:14 AM »
Yeah nothing but good thoughts and prayers for Trey.  Once a member of the family always a member. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:49:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »
Prayers up. Good guy. Responded kindly to a support letter I sent him back when he was going through the double transplant.

Wish him well and hope his body doesnt reject the next possible set.
SS Marquette

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »
Thanks for the update, and obviously best thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

Can someone remind me as to the nature of his condition?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:04:33 PM »
Wow, talk about hanging tough.  Awesome to see the grace he's able to handle his condition with.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:36:40 PM »
Trey got a nice mention during the IU game tonight.  Nantz and Raftery spoke about him and the need for another transplant.  They went on to talk about 2003 Final Four and mentioning Diener and  Wade. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:24:08 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 10:03:20 PM »
Trey got a nice mention during the IU game tonight.  Nantes and Raftery spoke about him and the need for another transplant.  They went on to talk about 2003 Final Four and mentioning Diener and  Wade.

Any word on his health situation?
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
Trey with a few folks you guys might remember

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »
Any word on his health situation?

This is the latest publicly

http://fox6now.com/2016/02/09/former-mu-coach-who-helped-create-states-organ-donor-registry-in-need-of-transplant-again/

I stay in touch with him on Facebook.  He was posting this week....keeping him in our thoughts.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »
Seeing some tweets that Trey passed away today. RIP. I don't think I've ever heard anything but glowing thoughts about him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
He passed away earlier today.  Crean was trying to call him after the game yesterday, not sure if they connected.  He posted on Facebook just 7 days ago.

Great dude.  Glad to have called him a friend.  RIP

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Trey was always a great guy dealing with me in the program. Quite a crazy set of circumstances he saw himself get through in life.

Goose

• All American
R.I.P Trey!

Jay Bee

• All American
That's one helluva battle he put up. To live 11+ years after being diagnosed is amazing and of course not possible without the initial transplant. He had to put in a ton of work to even get considered for a transplant.. very impressive fight. 

Unfortunately I've learned much more about this disease over the past few weeks after a close family member was diagnosed. Visiting with him at Mayo was difficult and a bit upsetting... so few know about this disease even though it kills more than - for example - breast cancer.

And it's evil. Pulmonary Fibrosis is usually Idiopathic.. e.g., the cause is not know... and there's not much the doctors can do you for... oxygen.. steroids.. experimental drugs.. and at the end, morphine... but it's terminal and can be very quick. And it's progressive...

My loved one past on March 10th. Mass was this past Thursday. Hate to see another die. Happy though he was able to do some very important work before he left this world.

God bless. And you all should consider learning more about Pulmonary Fibrosis and donating to research and work towards a cure and treatments.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
That's one helluva battle he put up. To live 11+ years after being diagnosed is amazing and of course not possible without the initial transplant. He had to put in a ton of work to even get considered for a transplant.. very impressive fight. 

Unfortunately I've learned much more about this disease over the past few weeks after a close family member was diagnosed. Visiting with him at Mayo was difficult and a bit upsetting... so few know about this disease even though it kills more than - for example - breast cancer.

And it's evil. Pulmonary Fibrosis is usually Idiopathic.. e.g., the cause is not know... and there's not much the doctors can do you for... oxygen.. steroids.. experimental drugs.. and at the end, morphine... but it's terminal and can be very quick. And it's progressive...

My loved one past on March 10th. Mass was this past Thursday. Hate to see another die. Happy though he was able to do some very important work before he left this world.

God bless. And you all should consider learning more about Pulmonary Fibrosis and donating to research and work towards a cure and treatments.

Sorry for your loss

KC_Warrior

• Starter
When I was living in Memphis in the early 2000s my phone rang one day and it was Trey.  He explained they needed someone to record the Memphis Tigers games on VHS and then send them to Milwaukee so he & the team could scout future opponents.    Sometimes the team needed the tape so quickly I had to go to the Memphis airport and put it on a Northwest Airlines plane.  I thought it was a genius idea by Trey and one of those little things that can give a team a leg up.  I got to know Trey pretty well during that time & am saddened to hear of his passing today.  He will be missed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
When I was living in Memphis in the early 2000s my phone rang one day and it was Trey.  He explained they needed someone to record the Memphis Tigers games on VHS and then send them to Milwaukee so he & the team could scout future opponents.    Sometimes the team needed the tape so quickly I had to go to the Memphis airport and put it on a Northwest Airlines plane.  I thought it was a genius idea by Trey and one of those little things that can give a team a leg up.  I got to know Trey pretty well during that time & am saddened to hear of his passing today.  He will be missed.

Well said T.V.! 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

DegenerateDish

• All American
RIP, God bless Trey and his family. Last year around this time I was randomly looking at names of people who had supported my son Bradley as he was fighting cancer. I still remember pausing when I saw Trey's name.

Chicos, I'm sure you were influential in that connection, thanks for that, so sorry to hear the passing of a true warrior.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Hell of a guy....RIP.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
RIP Trey.

feedback